It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 W7 is a carding joke or what? 

Post W7 is a carding joke or what?
One player on 3 villes in 3 different counties in 3 days?!

Clearly an impatient carder that has also filled his (already formed) faction with a bunch of other massive carders. Basically makes a complete mockery of the game when players that spend 100s of dollars (for some bizzare reason) just be a king lol.

I suggest that you only play this world if you either have a fat wallet or are not bothered about playing glory rounds.

Shame on you FF - (not really at least these players pay wages and let many play for free ;) )

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:04 pm

Post Re: W7 is a carding joke or what?
Not everyone in there factions card, its definately getting a good start by carding but it doesnt grant you auto win rights, you have to have good factions and good players and activity, if they have all that then they will be a force to be reckoned with, just make sure you also get strong house and faction its a long game and where only in day 3

Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Carding heavily definitely gives and advantage, especially early on, but, there is so much more to building and maintaining a large house. You can have the top 10 carders on the server, but if you don't have the right people leading your house you will still fail.

I actually think the balance in this game when it comes to spending $$ is pretty good because of the social complexity of the game. You can have the biggest carders on the server but that does not guarantee a victory. The fact is, a lot of times heavy carders are more difficult to manage in a house so while the carding provides an advantage, it also makes it more difficult to build a stable group. It's a nice self correcting mechanism built into the game.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Yeah Uvon I agree thats why I do not really let it bother me if you dont have a good house behind you then your carding wont win you the glory race it just helps also helps if they card there catsles then let you take there village so they can cap someone else then card there castle and so on so thats always beneficial to there faction.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:58 pm

Uvon wrote:
You can have the top 10 carders on the server, but if you don't have the right people leading your house you will still fail.

I've seen this happen. Like I always say, you can buy crowns, but not friends and allies. :)

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Lord Alacrity wrote:
Uvon wrote:
You can have the top 10 carders on the server, but if you don't have the right people leading your house you will still fail.

I've seen this happen. Like I always say, you can buy crowns, but not friends and allies. :)

You could buy crowns for your allies. That would sure help finding them :D .

Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:58 pm

Ive been contemplating starting a thread on this myself over the last few hours but i might as well just chip in here..

Ive got to agree with the opening statement, but before we get started let me just say that i myself 'card', maybe not as heavily as some but i usually spend my 'x' amount on a world opening and then a monthly amount as well so im not averse to it nor anti cards but in this case just felt strongly about it.

For the world to be open only 3 days and someone already the rank of Knight shows completely how overpowered cards are and do honestly make a complete mockery of your ranking system.
Yeah sure theres a long way to go but come on, 3 days and if your peacetimes out someone can already raze you.
That my friends is an absolute joke.

For me the beginning period of the world is often the best, you dont know what wonders may lay in store, what houses will form, what, where, when etc..
The past 2, worlds 6 & now 7 have been completely the reverse of this.
Its only day 3 and i can already see the same boring lines being drawn in the sand by the Glory boys.. i mean do these people have any level of diversity? ot just the same spreadsheet world eating locust behaviour?

Let me get this straight, i have nothing against the way people spend their money, thats upto them, and FF i know you absolutely love it but for others this is now becoming an absolute bore.
Roll on the monk wars and 'tyrant' house that we see in every world.. yawnnnn...

Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:19 am

Well, they've lost this paying player as a result of this. I had been buying premium tokens over the past 2 months, and even spent a few dollars here and there on crowns to get to a step before having to logout and allow things to happen during my off time etc. I seen world 7 start and I was like cool, a fresh start.

2nd day and my parish is being attacked by people that are extremely higher level. They started a mere 14 hours ahead of the people in my parish, and it's even WORSE than what I experienced on my previous world because there is nobody to really keep it in check. There are 2 factions now, and of course all they do is use everyone else as flag feeders.

I spent a decent amount of time getting just 1 building in my parish, which took awhile as the rest of the people in my parish. Trying to make even 100g for the next flag hasn't happened, not that it matters because my parish has no flags.

Just plain ridiculous that this game is 100% unfettered pay to win. I'm quitting and I'll be complaining to steam to have this game removed.

Glad this world opened my eyes to the reality, that's the only positive thing I can say about it.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:33 am

I know who you are talking about, he did the same in world 6 and failed to become anything. He is a massive carder and when I say massive I realy mean massive. Don't bother to take out his villages when it comes to it not because he is a good player not at all but because he will just card a new full village within a day.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:56 pm

Post "sucks to be behind" is a perception
I remember when I joined World 1 last summer. I can understand how a player could feel that thier position is hopelessly behind the power curve and they can never catch up.

Me personally, I stayed in World 1 and things are going fine now.

Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 70 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next