Ranking to Prince for prizes on 6th Age worlds

Share in-game news and stories here.
meatball2k

Re: Ranking to Prince for prizes on 6th Age worlds

Post by meatball2k »

Well I just hit up w5 again but I did my time many moons ago on this world, it was also my very first world I played. I wont be playing the final age and hope they get it over with quickly but the major powers in this world have proven to not be very competitive in worlds which are more active so it serves there best interests to keep it going as long as possible.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

I was a sister house to the Machine on World 4 and we were actively trying to close World-4. I captured several Royal Towers and when the Machine captured them I did not attempt to regain control.

On World 5 I plan to actively prevent world closure by recapturing Royal Towers in my area. I think that small pockets of determined players can keep the Final Age going for a long, long time.

Firefly, if you are listening. Please update the game to notify players when a Royal Tower controlled by their House is captured by some other player, similar to when the steward changes in a parish.

- Deke
DekeYoungAtlanta

DekeYoungAtlanta wrote:I was a sister house to the Machine on World 4 and we were actively trying to close World-4. I captured several Royal Towers and when the Machine captured them I did not attempt to regain control.

On World 5 I plan to actively prevent world closure by recapturing Royal Towers in my area. I think that small pockets of determined players can keep the Final Age going for a long, long time.

Firefly, if you are listening. Please update the game to notify players when a Royal Tower controlled by their House is captured by some other player, similar to when the steward changes in a parish.

- Deke
Good news, people really do read these forums!
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

So how does this actually work, a royal tower is just like a castle and 1 house has to have all the castles to win?
DekeYoungAtlanta

Royal Towers are randomly generated Wolf Level castles. They are scattered across the map. My memory is that Cumbria had 3-4 of them.
They can only be attacked by captains, which excludes parish armies from the equation.
Once captured by a player the following happens:
The Royal Tower is rebuilt to the same structure before any player attacked
The Royal Tower displays a Flag for your House
If this was an untaken Royal Tower, the Royal Tower counter is reduced by one
One problem is that if another player captures this tower, you are not notified. So you have to log in all the time and look to see which Towers under the control of which houses.
As we know in SHK, there is no safe defense in the game, only varying levels of offense needed to capture a target.

I forsee a game where players are checking to see who has a lot of Royal Towers and then sends captains to capture one before the Controlling house can press the button.

Or, as was demonstrated on my villages this morning. The controlling house can implement a scorched earth policy and reset any other groups who attack a Royal Tower (in effect going to war with anyone attempting to defy them.)

On World-4 I was in the "Help the Machine press the button camp". The Final age only lasted a couple of weeks.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

So if you capture the tower you can actually defend it yourself?
DekeYoungAtlanta

You cannot defend a Royal Tower. It is rebuilt to original design and waits for a Captain from another player to attack.

Common SHK, there is no defense, only offense.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Oh wow so really if someone is eager enough there is no stopping them taking al the towers, play a speed card send captains from all your villages I don't know many wolf castles that cant be beat with 1 army unless the royal towers have some sort of pitch monster castle, I assume there the same type f wolf catsles you usually get
Kopcheniy

Post by Kopcheniy »

meatball2k wrote:I don't know many wolf castles that cant be beat with 1 army unless the royal towers have some sort of pitch monster castle, I assume there the same type f wolf catsles you usually get
All AI castles in simple worlds can be killed within 1 attack. Proved since July 2014 :D

Though, according to what I saw - Royal Towers can have absolutely different castle designs, few can be like small wolf one, few can be like heavy castles with bombards (like Treasure castles or ones from Wolf world)
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

Sir Glennalot wrote:8 bombards,..600 troops,..some of them are a bit nasty. Some are pretty basic.

http://prnt.sc/drj6dg

http://prntscr.com/dreegl

http://prntscr.com/drebfu
nice pics :) However appears both EU-2 and W-5 are going to break the record time of closing out a server based on their current rate, down to 40 towers left last checked
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's

Return to “Player News”