Are there any good games left?

Share in-game news and stories here.
The KnightOwl

Are there any good games left?

Post by The KnightOwl »

I played this game for about 30 minutes trying to complete the tutorial that bugs out on the part where you enclose your stronghold... After trolling the internet for a while looking for help I decided to look around on the forums here for an answer to which I found none. I wasted about an hour and a half just on the beginning part of a game that people aren't even enjoying playing. I have looked on the forums and it is nothing but grief because there are people paying * tons of money (for god knows why) on this game to beat the crap out of everyone else with their magical "cards".

My question to all of you is this... Why play this * game? It's obviously not even FUN to play. You sit here for hours trying to cut some wood and build up your castle only to be decimated by some guy who paid for a full army to crush you. It's just sad to me that these games have come to this... No such thing as a free game anymore, and the ones that you pay money for could be just as * as one that is free, but you pay your money first, so you are stuck with * in hand... and a crap game if you still are willing to play.

Stop wasting your time on these lame * games, the developers are looking for one thing and one thing only... Money. They give more content to spend on, not more content to play with. It's the same pattern with all of these pay-to-win games. Make it barely fun, then make it take forever to build your stuff up, then make an option to pay to make it faster and win. So then it becomes a "little" fun, so you pay more to increase the fun... Then more... Then people are paying as well and you must pay more to stay competitive... Same pattern EVERY TIME guys.

This game is obviously a HUGE waste of time whether you pay or not. I hope you learn something from this post and stop your agony because this game is NOT going to get better... Believe me.
meatball2k

Re: Are there any good games left?

Post by meatball2k »

yup you summed it up perfectly BUT

My name is Meatball2k and I am a shk addict. I wish I wasnt but I am and will probbaly continue to be for a long time, I do however not pay alot of money I just get destroyed by those who do :-)
Death Boltz

Post by Death Boltz »

I came here looking for a list of good games not a rant about this one........Post Subject Fail
nr1stunner

Post by nr1stunner »

just see how much kamikaze damage you can do that's what I would do

unless you're getting obliterated. that wouldn't be fun.
JustGoNow

Post by JustGoNow »

I sold my xbox one to my sister for cards.
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

JustGoNow wrote:I sold my xbox one to my sister for cards.
LOL
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

JustGoNow wrote:I sold my xbox one to my sister for cards.

That sounds like the king of thing you would share when your getting mental help for this game.

"Hi I'm Justgonow, I'm an SHK addict. I sold my xbox one to my sister for cards"
Priest Guardian

Post by Priest Guardian »

This kind of threads always make me laugh and feel pity also

SHK's is above all else a community based game and without friends you will achieve absolutely nothing, no matter how much $$$ you spend

So send some mail, meet some players, and join a faction you will get much farther ahead than spending $100 and going solo

Its why I still play this game the community is like NO other game out there. MMO, understand that meaning :!:
After you try all the other MMO's , you keep coming back to SHK's
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

Priest Guardian wrote:This kind of threads always make me laugh and feel pity also

SHK's is above all else a community based game and without friends you will achieve absolutely nothing, no matter how much $$$ you spend

So send some mail, meet some players, and join a faction you will get much farther ahead than spending $100 and going solo

Its why I still play this game the community is like NO other game out there. MMO, understand that meaning :!:
Very true my friend.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
Xolotl

Post by Xolotl »

I have never paid any money for this game, and never really got wiped to the ground by people who do.

Obviously I start behind people, but eventually the money stops flowing, and I can catch up with activity. Or they get to a point where it is foolish to expand (Prince, Crown Prince) and I catch up.

On IW map, I just hit Princess - maybe a little slower than the officers in my faction, but fast enough. I have not lost my starting villages, and only lost 1 village due to war. I am steward of 6 parishes, and have 10 villages with eyes on getting more.

During the early period is the most likely to being attacked, which is why I always start a world as close as possible to day 1 (from experience, joining past like day 30 is idiotic for a non-carder). And therefore try and find a good faction to join. In the IW map, I joined the powerful H17 house, who had cherry-picked the more active English speaking players on the map, and I was lucky/pestering enough to get accepted. This protection is enough to expand to a point of being able to defend myself until things got ugly.

And then they did get ugly, with the H16 (who I was a part of by changing house alignments) and H11 war, in which I was surrounded by enemy H10 members. So I joined my local faction for more protection, even though they are a Polish faction. And I am an active member of this faction, despite the language barriers they all can speak English as well if need be, and my Polish is um... getting there?

Usually I survive because I'm a powerful monker, and can ID myself for months if need be - makes up for the 1.5 months it takes to build a good castle without cards.

This isn't my first rodeo, and I know how I need to play to do well without paying.
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?

Return to “Player News”