Why did I do that?

Share in-game news and stories here.
Parkerilla

Why did I do that?

Post by Parkerilla »

In USA World there are 3 villages in my parish being an absentee parish steward, a semi abandoned village and myself. The parish castle is undefended and the absentee parish steward isn't interested so players walk in and take our flags and gold with no resistance. Easy, I'll take over and get the parish defences going. So the stewards vote count is down to 6 and I've accumulated 12 votes to cast. So what do I do? Instead of voting for myself, for some reason I voted for the absentee steward so now he's got 18 votes and I've none left. A brainstorm moment. Oh, well. :(
The Super Soldier

Re: Why did I do that?

Post by The Super Soldier »

Parkerilla wrote:In USA World there are 3 villages in my parish being an absentee parish steward, a semi abandoned village and myself. The parish castle is undefended and the absentee parish steward isn't interested so players walk in and take our flags and gold with no resistance. Easy, I'll take over and get the parish defences going. So the stewards vote count is down to 6 and I've accumulated 12 votes to cast. So what do I do? Instead of voting for myself, for some reason I voted for the absentee steward so now he's got 18 votes and I've none left. A brainstorm moment. Oh, well. :(
Many times have I done this... " Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window." This usually applies after those moments.
decoy.co

Post by decoy.co »

Yes, but have you ever monked a vote for the player you were trying to defeat?

:oops:
Dellwyndria

Post by Dellwyndria »

Oh this made me smile.

Best of Luck to you
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

decoy.co wrote:Yes, but have you ever monked a vote for the player you were trying to defeat?

:oops:
Or sent ID to an enemy instead of excom. When IDing every one of my villages it is easy to go on auto pilot, and forget to turn it off when sending excom.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Biotot

Post by Biotot »

I was monking votes on a parish once.

I sent 8 monks of ID :( :( :( :(
They tried to excom 5 people
A sane person wouldn't do maintenance on 30 villages and continue to call it fun. W6, now farmville for all.
isburr

Post by isburr »

I can top that. When I was knight I had 3 villages, 1 fully completed, 1 nearly done and a new village. I was aiming to change the new village into a vineyard, but in the end managed to reset my fully completed village. 140 buildings gone
emplexity

Post by emplexity »

Hahahahahaha yes... misclicks in this game can be killers...
#1 knob in world 1
pkdevine

Post by pkdevine »

especially easy to do if you've been out on the * with the lads and come home and play shk :D
Lt.Columbo

Post by Lt.Columbo »

about 1 and a half years ago just when i started to get the hang of SHK's warfare system my faction and our sisterfaction where tasked to invade south england. all went well and we reached shores quite fast and started to establish a "beachhead"
about a week into the invasion we caught one of the top H9 players at the time off guard in the neighboring county and decided to move into his parishes to contest him for the sherrif seat.
i was the only one that had a village close enough to have a decent timeframe for timed attacks and also i was the only one that day that had a full cap army standing by.

so i was honored to challenge this top player as a noob.there was only a slight problem, all my village spots where occupied and so i bite the bullet and decided to abandon a ville in ireland. i chose my absolute first one as that was the worst of them all lol....however, my village near that top player was still highlighted (without me noticing it) and so i deleted the "frontline" village instead of my noobie ville.....that threw us back for a week and it stalled our push forward.
today when me mates and myself talk about it we have a good larf but back then that was my lowest moment i had so far playing this game ;)
lead a house they said,glory and fame awaits..burning eyes and headaches from reading tons of mail is what i got.exec_killfun1.0

Return to “Player News”