A not so warm welcome to SHK due to a long fixed game glitch

Share in-game news and stories here.
countjimula

A not so warm welcome to SHK due to a long fixed game glitch

Post by countjimula »

A long time ago someone got a not so warm welcome to SHK due to a long fixed game glitch.

It is now impossible to spawn on an area under attack, but this was not always the case.

I am not sure how the enemies castle disappeared from that spot. It could have been when you can abandon a village under attack (something else you can no longer do) or it was due to two groups in the same house attacking the same village.

The player who was unfortunate enough to spawn as a new player at that spot found himself under an attack suitable for the strongest castles in the game. Multiple armies all timed to hit at the same time with 500 troop each (but at the time when most armies only had about 20 cats each).

Sure you can not be attacked during peace time, and players can not attack empty spots, but in this instance multiple things worked together against this one player.

The attack did raze his village and he repawned across the world. I heard someone did send him a message and he seemed to take the event well.

I have long lost the name of the unfortunate player, but the next update had a fix, to prevent such an unlikely thing from happening again.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
SMthegamer

Re: A not so warm welcome to SHK due to a long fixed game gl

Post by SMthegamer »

I feel sorry for that person, but at least it led to the game getting better for future players.
SMthegamer
Voltair

Post by Voltair »

I well remember a few new players spawning in and finding themselves under attack. It was not pleasant to watch but kudos to them most took it well. Some received mail and gained aid with resources from those players/Factions/Houses that were attacking. While not pleasant in a way it aided them as they gained help, knowledge and to some extent colleagues within the game faster than if they had been isolated as we all are when starting off in a new game. Still I concur that it was a relief when this bug was fixed.

Abandoned villages disappearing when under attack was fixed in early February 2011. This was a bug that solely needed stamping on.

Thanks countjimula, good or bad its always worth remembering those timesl
emplexity

Post by emplexity »

Sir Xman wrote:As the guy that was the attacker I really felt bad for this little guy. It seems that the player I was attempting to capture was able to abandon the village and this new guy showed up in the small gap of time between the village being abandoned and my captain army landing. This was in the very early days of W1. I did mail him and tell him what happened he was ok with that and just decided to stay in Scotland.

Bahahahahahhahaahaha
#1 knob in world 1

Return to “Player News”