Do you have an interesting Stronghold Kingdoms story to tell

Share in-game news and stories here.
CaptSkubba

Do you have an interesting Stronghold Kingdoms story to tell

Post by CaptSkubba »

The Kingdoms Team will soon be adding a “Player News” section to the Stronghold Kingdoms login screen. Here we will post the best player stories sent in by our illustrious Lords and Ladies, spreading news of your deeds across the land.

We want to hear the most interesting, heroic, funny and epic Stronghold Kingdoms related stories. These can be stories you have been told or ones you have experienced and want to pass on to other players.

The only condition is that the story must be about something that happened in-game. We may even feature your story as our “Tale of the Month”…

To submit news just follow these easy steps:
  1. Describe your news story in 200-500 words
  2. Write down which game world the story relates to and when it happened
  3. Post your story in this forum as a new thread for other players to comment on. Alternatively you can send your story in an email to news@fireflyworlds.com, in both cases please include your Kingdoms username.
We look forward to reading your “Tales from SHK”!
Minorthreatt

Re: Do you have an interesting Stronghold Kingdoms story to

Post by Minorthreatt »

Hey CaptSkubba,
I submitted a few for fun a while ago here, but no Firefly response yet. Are mine any good/what you are looking for? I wouldn't mind writing a few more as I have some more ideas/stories, but just wondering if this contest/oppurtunity is still active before I get out my typewriter again. Thanks ;)

This is the contest text I read on the Facebook page:

"New Competition Announced

Do YOU have an interesting Stronghold Kingdoms story to tell?

The Kingdoms Team is running a new competition, awarding Lords and Ladies with in-game prizes for sending in player stories from their game world in Stronghold Kingdoms. We want to hear your most interesting, heroic, funny or epic Stronghold Kingdoms related stories. These can be stories you have been told or ones you have experienced and want to pass on to other players. The only condition is that the story must be about something that happened in-game.

The winning stories will be chosen and posted to the client news feed. Each winning player will be given the following in-game items:

• 10 Random Card Packs
• 5 Industry Packs
• 5 Army Packs
• 30-Day Premium Token

To enter just follow these easy steps:

1. Describe your news story in 200-500 words
2. Tell us which game world the story relates to and when it happened
3. Send your story along with your Kingdoms username in an email to news@fireflyworlds.com

We look forward to reading your “Tales from SHK”. Send us an interesting story for your chance to win!"
"A wolf in sheep's clothing is still a wolf..."
Lancer Star

Post by Lancer Star »

Here is more of a factual information than a made up story of lore and legends from the medieval times of our human history.

1. A certain player is playing for House A, they go to war with House B in the 2nd week of the fresh server (day 9 or so).
That player is not doing so well, but is managing to monk the whole country by himself for most of the time.
After 140+ days have gone by, that player is still very rich on Faith Points even tho all of his villages were under ID 24/7, excluding the help he offered to his fellow members.

Another interesting fact that occurs is his instant 400-500 army size excursions he loves to send around.
Not much of his attacks are timed or coordinated, always a single army going into death and right after, the same one 'as if it was cloned' goes on its' way towards the marked target. The same pattern repeats itself for about 15-20 times a day.

When that person/player was suspected of being a member of firefly, using illegal powers of the 'gaming console as GM' to FORCE other players spending RL money so they could keep up with his might, all of a sudden I receive a ban and my brother (we are on the same house switch, static IP for our ISP) gets' accused of using alt account.

Ok let's step back for a while and let me rephrase that into a non-gaming scenarion where you would probably tear off another persons' head if this happened to you.
>The imaginary story.<

2. One fine day you walk in your neighborhood whistling and observing such a great environment our lovely planet Earth has to offer.
You stumble upon a thief, an illegal activity of social standards occurs as he tries to jack a parked car. You decide to be the hero and step up to the challenge. As you manage to physically defeat and restrain the bad guy, police rushes to the scene and your brother just happens to be close by, recording the event on his phone.
After everything is said and done, you notice the police officer has some sort of connection to the thief (perhaps a family member or an old friend), so you end up with the charges of disrupting public peace and assaulting an unarmed civilian(thief).
You are put in the back of the squad car and as your brother steps in with the evidence on the phone, he is warned for assisting you in lawful crime (counterpart of illegal activities).

3. Was that a good enough story that actually might happen on the streets a LOT in real life, because the police, justice system and the law are there to hustle and extort everyday civilians for money untill the day they die, so there is no freedom and democracy is just an illusion ? Well there you have it, that's what Firefly is doing to players in my perspective as well, milking for cash in disregard of any ethics or morals.

tyvm, time to find a new MMO myself and for friends.
nr1stunner

Post by nr1stunner »

mmmm
JABBA THE HUTT III

Post by JABBA THE HUTT III »

I think this entire game is a flop, no ?

really I never seen a game like this pay to win big time, and if you loyal and pay your * off you dont even get the Little rewards wich was promised by fyrefly at end of worlds, no why should they give any free stuff to anyone if they can just Change the reward to nothing just a few days before some worlds are ending, like hey most of these Players only played this game since couple years, lets not get them any nice Bonus, let them leave the game that way we dont Need to give any bonus LMAO
JABBA THE HUTT III

Post by JABBA THE HUTT III »

the only interesting SHK Story to tell is that fyrefly only suck our Money, dosent do anything to improve the game in any way ( ohh the era System, sure we can even spent lot of more Money there, thats great ( not ) LOL )) and even starts to fool their Long time Player base with unecessary changes, but thanks for giving new ideas for Business, I might start some Company soon who offer nice Prices every month if you pay 50€ every month ( but you will have to pay 3 years before you start getting rewards ) after 3 years I will just Close the Company and say sorry no rewards available anymore, this is same as what FF did with our rewards, tomorrow my laywer will visit me :)
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I never understand who someone who doesn't like a game still plays it, I have always been the type of player who either plays a game because he lieks it or quits straight away and forgets about it instantly.

The game is good, favours people who spend a lot but its also free to others who don't spend much at all only there time, if it wasn't for the spenders the game would not exist. Usually though when you play you play with and against carders you just have to find the right balance, if your in a shi* house and not one person is a carder then yes your * but if not the game is easily winnable even against the biggest carders,
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

meatball2k wrote:I never understand who someone who doesn't like a game still plays it, I have always been the type of player who either plays a game because he lieks it or quits straight away and forgets about it instantly.
I agree.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields

Return to “Player News”