The game is done.

World 6 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
Greyson-Mactire

The game is done.

Post by Greyson-Mactire »

Firefly just shot themselves in the foot with the offer of free crowns. How they thought this was a good move is beyond me. They just made it a hundred times easier for Alts to be used and abuse and the sales they make from crown purchases are going to drop significantly if people have a free alternate.

It seems the route that some FTP's like to take, it's been done and it's a horrible idea. If any one who has played APB, you should know does the same thing... When they first had this it killed a large part of the server pops because of unbalance it caused. It would take nothing for me to change my Email to something else to avoid being targeted by the malicious spam that you do end up getting and yes you do because I tried this same * on APB, doing every one of these surveys and basically being of the same level of some one who spends money-money on this game. Whether skill is involved or not isn't the case.

People already complain about disadvantages. What happens when an alliance like the one on World 6 has every single one of its players now a heavy carder? The world is unbalanced and I never have denied that, but this is an even larger problem. Don't tell me it will give sides an advantage because it wont. It will destroy the playerbase, it will annoy people who do put money into the game and it will ultimately lead to the people supporting the game just doing the survey themselves. If the game was dying this might be a good idea... But it's not and it was slowly getting player increase. Now instead they'll see a continuous drop in players as well as profit.

And alts, I wont tell people how others do it... But it would be very easy for a single person to create 5 alts, insta build them "WITH FREE CROWNS" and gain a completely unfair edge and the way most create their alts is virtually undetectable at first glance and that's about all Firefly can do and since it's such a small company that working on multiple projects they simply can't put much resource into looking at 100's if not 1000's of false accounts. At least before this bull :!: it cost the :!: 's money if they wanted to insta build an alt.

I waited years for a Europe map to open and was overly happy when finally they announced its release... But this, this just drove me completely away from the game. I have better things to do than play outright Alt War.
Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed!
Unknownhost

Re: The game is done.

Post by Unknownhost »

its a crap offer.

most of them are for like 8-12 crowns. the ones that actually offer anything want CC numbers and/or purchases

also a couple of them are quite shady, likely opening anyone foolish enough to sign up to malaware and other fun stuff.
Greyson-Mactire

Unknownhost wrote:its a crap offer.

most of them are for like 8-12 crowns. the ones that actually offer anything want CC numbers and/or purchases

also a couple of them are quite shady, likely opening anyone foolish enough to sign up to malaware and other fun stuff.
Done it before with APB. Same set up. I used my Netbook a VPN, a prepaid gift card I bought for the soul purpose of not having to use my real one and put nothing but fake info there. Collected on everything and next month new offers already.
Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed! Plebs are needed!
dobbles81

Post by dobbles81 »

can you guys provide a link to what you are referring to? i'm confused. (not exactly a rare event for me!)
Greyson-Mactire

dobbles81 wrote:can you guys provide a link to what you are referring to? i'm confused. (not exactly a rare event for me!)
Yea hold on.

Edit: Can't link it because you have to be logged in, you have to be logged into the game, you go to the normal buy crowns section and in the payment option there is a new selection "Superrewards"

This is from the official browser, not steam, I don't think you get the option if you're on the steam client.
Last edited by Greyson-Mactire on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dobbles81

Post by dobbles81 »

thanks. i assume this is the same thing as the topics talking about super rewards?
Greyson-Mactire

dobbles81 wrote:thanks. i assume this is the same thing as the topics talking about super rewards?
Yes.
dobbles81

Post by dobbles81 »

Greyson-Mactire wrote:
dobbles81 wrote:can you guys provide a link to what you are referring to? i'm confused. (not exactly a rare event for me!)
Yea hold on.

Edit: Can't link it because you have to be logged in, you have to be logged into the game, you go to the normal buy crowns section and in the payment option there is a new selection "Superrewards"

This is from the official browser, not steam, I don't think you get the option if you're on the steam client.
hmmm, thanks.

i only play through steam anymore so i guess i need to try out the standalone to see what it is. unless people make some screenshots or something.
Biotot

Post by Biotot »

You know something is either hitting or at least getting close to hitting rock bottom when they add in those lovely surveys.

Soon you'll see this line and be locked in an endless loop of surveys in order to get a food pack.
"To complete this survey, you just need to complete this other survey also!"

I haven't tried the offers SHK is giving, but I've seen this kind of thing enough times just to know it's a horrible route for the game to take.
They tried to excom 5 people
A sane person wouldn't do maintenance on 30 villages and continue to call it fun. W6, now farmville for all.
dobbles81

Post by dobbles81 »

greyson, just as an fyi, i connected to a home machine, and downloaded the stand alone. once i installed the game it gave me the pop up with the admin message. once i knew what i was looking for i just logged into my account via the browser on my work computer and once i clicked the buy crowns option from the link on the homepage, i noticed that the super rewards option was there as well.

so while i am still not sure about steam, you dont appear to have to be in game to view these offers.

Return to “World 6 Lounge (Closed)”