Calling all neutral factions/players

World 6 was Closed following the Final Age completion.
Raiyel

Calling all neutral factions/players

Post by Raiyel »

Hey all,

Well I'm guessing if you're reading this you have similar principles to our neutral faction. Those principles being: Don't get involved in the wars or politics, don't attack other players, focus on building up the social aspect of your own faction and the strength of your own villages. (Also, not being a * is pretty high up in our requirements as well).

I would like to propose an alliance of the Neutral based factions. A strictly peaceful alliance. No outgoing attacks, only protecting each other in the event that one of us is attacked, free trade between member villages, etc. Think of it as sort of like the European Union, just without the wars and what-not.

How I envision it working: The leaders of each faction would all work together in a loose democracy with an elected leader when it comes to handling incoming attacks and inter-alliance disputes.

Anyway, If any of the neutral factions are interested in this please send me a message in game! Also, if you're a neutral player and are interested in joining our faction please send me a message as well.

Thanks!
Raiyel
Raiyel

Re: Calling all neutral factions/players

Post by Raiyel »

I guess a good way to look at this would be an informal house. (It would be nice if we could create a new house, but I believe they are currently all taken)
Jack_of_Swords

Post by Jack_of_Swords »

Hi Raiyel

Dont take this the wrong way but you are aware this is a castle building war game??

If you don't want wars, politics or attacking people I think your in the wrong game.
Jack_of_Swords

Post by Jack_of_Swords »

I agree its certainly possible.

It going to get boring doing this fairly quickly though once all your villages are fully built and your levelled up to a decent rank just logging in to sell stuff daily to make more gold which you cant use for much except troops which you don't use is not going to hold much appeal long term.

Why play Farmville style? You may as well actually play Farmville which was designed to be played like this from the off, at least this way you can ensure you wont get attacked etc.

I see plenty of farmers claiming that they just want peace and to be left alone but they usually end up inactive after a few months as the game just becomes stale when your not planning/plotting or actively involved in some way.

Of course war is much more fun when your winning.........
Raiyel

Post by Raiyel »

DavidSpy,

I agree with you. I've been playing for nearly a year now and haven't attacked a player once. (Nor have I been attacked by one fortunately). I enjoy wiping out AI castles and defending against the computer, I mostly just love constructing my village and trying to keep a balance of my resources and popularity. I want nothing to do with war. It really just frustrates me. The problem I really have is that the houses try to dictate what neutral players can and cannot do. Just leave us alone, we aren't attacking anyone and don't want to be attacked. The only problem most neutral players have is when the taxes in a parish are set at extremely high levels to fund a war machine we want nothing to do with. This game is one that I play to relax between classes and while studying. I leave it up frequently just to kind of see what's going on in the world. If a player bothers me too much, maybe one day I'll attack...but I highly doubt it. The people who play this game for the war are fine by me just so they don't include me in it.

Why not play farmville? I hate terrible games. I like building my villages and castles but I don't like the way farmville or any of the other Zynga games function. I'd like to see a game like Anno2070 come into existence as a multiplayer game. That would be a dream come true. Building trade routes, upgrading resources, etc... I just don't care for the war.
Orbit Storm

Post by Orbit Storm »

I see that this thread has some age to it, but is there any chance the neutral factions are still seeking to align themselves with one another?

I recently put together a faction led by myself, my wife, and a mutual friend of ours. We've added four new players and are slowly building our numbers and looking to ally ourselves with other like-minded individuals.. both for comradery and strength in numbers.

We're currently located in Gwennyd, North Wales under the name of Guardians of Virtue (GoV™).

Our general philosophy is to provide assistance and resources where needed, and eventually, expand our reach to be of greater use to our allies. We currently control the parish of Cerrigydrudion as well (Gwennyd, North Wales).
Orbit Storm

Post by Orbit Storm »

Thanks David!
The Super Soldier

Post by The Super Soldier »

Indeed good luck... I'm 99% certain that that parish of yours will be gone after a while.
Orbit Storm

Post by Orbit Storm »

The parish isn't going anywhere. Those in it support me because I've already accomplished more in mere days than Grind has in months. Furthermore, I've made some strong allies and am simply not concerned about it at all. There are only two possible outcomes: 1) Grind gives up and leaves, or 2) he commits a foolish mistake that results in his untimely razing. No one wanted him as Steward, and the only reason he is so emphatically butt-hurt that he was voted out, is because he can no longer use it as his personal playground for launching random attacks with no just cause. So just give it a rest already, bud.

If there's one thing I've learned throughout this entire ordeal, it's that this game truly does cater to internet 'tough guys' and morons who can't hack it in the social aspect of their lives. Instead they resort to trolling and bullying online (anonymously) in some attempt to assert some self-perceived imagined "dominance" over other users. Fun stuff!
The Super Soldier

Post by The Super Soldier »

LOL if it was a relatively new world, I'd be doing that myself, - the parish attacks, I don't waste the gold on people, use for those damnable wolf castle fer crap sakes.

And I'm on W6 meself, not very active, but still in the dame county as ye...

Return to “World 6 Lounge (Closed)”