He's dead, Jim.

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
RobertScott

He's dead, Jim.

Post by RobertScott »

Fingers crossed for "Civ Online".

This one is toast.
Wunderwaffen

Re: He's dead, Jim.

Post by Wunderwaffen »

Damit jim! I'm a doctor not God!
I would rather hope for a "Call to Power" online. Much more depth, does not end with the race to space as you have the abillity to build in space and under the waves, orbital bombardment rocks! And my favorite... The eco terrorist! Blow your enemies up in a "greeen" way with a blast of green peace.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

If they improve the in game communication systems (so everyone uses in game chat as at least one way to communicate), and they have a reward system that fits the game (so the strategy not join the winners and farm), this game would become far more popular I think. With all its flaws look how many people play this on steam every day.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

Yeah I really do wish they would give rerads for winning at least a star doesn't hav to be a big reward but the rewards for winner a whole age should be a lot greater then what they are currently, I am not joking I am partially involved in world 5 (dead) world 6 (dead) world 7 (very competitive server until recently day 300+) world 8 (absolute joke of a world over at day 50 due to huge alliance) usa (still going strong) mondo1 (also still going strong but early days) so out of these worlds there is only 1 (mondo1 a baby still) now that's competitive the rest are pretty much Farmville or join the wining side and terrorise other players.

I have mentioned many times that the game needs BIG REWARDS AND LESS FACTIONS if this happens there will be more people willing to stay at a world and not jump to the next as soon as the going gets tough f the reard is big people will alwys be happy to keep premium going but as it stands now people just join 1 alliance kill anyone that stands in there way until they leave the srver or join them then eventually all that you have left is 1 big house and a bunch of farmers so this will In turn kill every age as all you have left is people who have always been on same side. I still love the game but it could be massively improved if there was incentive to stop huge alliances forming whch destroy 90% of servers.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

I do not think the issue is the size of the reward, but how you get it. If the reward was based on what the payer does, what his faction does, and then what the house does in descending order It would change the incentives that help create one world rule. (more details can be found in the link on my signature)
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Ezek Von Bernd

Post by Ezek Von Bernd »

I dont get that people complain about worlds dying because they become one sided, yet avoid fighting to try and stop it happening.

lel.

Even if the factions got halfed to 10 per house nothing here would be different.
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

ok if factions got downsized and rewrads where upsized there will be less sister houses, each house would not just sit by and farm as everyone would want part of the reward its easy to say just stand up and fight but when you stand up and fight and everyone is sitting by watching you fight theres nothing you can do.

Unfortunately in world 5 it seems most of the actve players joined h11 a lot of farmer factions initially joined h2 war was declared they all shi* there pants and formed there own little house with 2-4 factions, it was embarrassing to watch but I was in Cumbria and Northumberland and there was nothing happening so why would I stand by and get everything wiped out that I just rebuilt. Its all is and buts BUT if reward was bigger you wouldn't have half the people in world 5 siting farming as all there doing is farming quests to get points to help them on other worlds. this 3rd age w5 is going to be long and painful unless houses form into 1 house and try again against h11 but people are scared to entertain the idea as they think h11 will jst kill them for even thinking about tryng to make the world more entertaining.
kwud

Post by kwud »

all i know

is the most fun i had in world 6 in 5 months, was when i went alone to the enemy side.

i was deep in enemy territory. and honestly only about 4 enemies were actively attacking me or attempting to excommunicate me.

everyones so afraid of losing villages and whatnot, all i ever hear when i try and get more people involved in taking down the super house of world 6 is things like

"we are waiting till the next age to fight"

or

"we need to gather resources or we will be wiped out"

i think everyone just sees a bunch of the same colour and think it means something, when the truth of the matter is the only reason it does mean something is because of these people not willing to do anything about it.

i have personally lost 20 villages in the past 2 weeks. and to this day i still have 10 villages. losing villages is a part of the game and gaining them is easy.

i have no idea how this topic became this type of discussion, but hey, i had fun;P
ginsengsamurai

Post by ginsengsamurai »

Well right now in W5, it's a haven for neutral playing players, at least here in North Wales. I rather enjoy picking my apples, tending to the sheep, milking the cows and my, erm, never mind. The only problem I had since the start of Age 3 was some House 11 guy who gold raided my parishes and my wife's parishes and all he got was a "Hey I'm warning you. Stop it or I will throw apple skins at you!" from his own House leaders.

After JaxiTaxi left, a bit of me died inside. Then when relative world peace was achieved, I just kind of turned a blind eye and deaf ear to the House 11 member who raped and pillaged our castles. I was humming a tune with earmuffs on. The tune was "We're Not Gonna Take It". ^_^

There was fire every where. Catapult boulders being flung around me. Enemy soldiers rushed around and did what enemy soldiers do to neutral villagers. Somehow, they didn't pay any attention to me. I guess I kind of just melded into the background. They probably thought: "Oh look, there is that has-been loser from the original Heavenly Ones picking his apples again." Hey look here sonny! +weakly points my cane at their general direction+ Never mind. I'll go back to picking my apples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xmckWVPRaI
Orbit Storm

Post by Orbit Storm »

Hey! I'm from World 6 and I like the white map. I think it's cool. I figure my opinion might matter here, so here it is!

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”