It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:07 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 When Fair Play is Lost 

Post When Fair Play is Lost
It's a sad time when we are working to enjoy a game that was suppose to be guarded from cheating by the efforts of FF. I know they care, but the issues are beyond the effort. Premium tokens were used to help families and friends be able to be on the same team and work together. It cost money, but it helped. At the same time it made it possible for people to invent other accounts under the guise of family, wife, friend who plays at my house. Multiple computers and a few bucks and enough time and a person can build quite the control framework to give them access to almost limitless troops and power. This won't change and until there was a way that wasn't so intrusive into our private lives to verify that they aren't making and using multiple account we the one's who don't cheat will be played like fools. We will stand and do what we can to fight back, those who already cheat, don't care. You can't even tell them to value the game. All they care about is winning and getting some false sense of Ego over being the top dog and are the first to enjoy not only beating someone, but to reset them and brag at how many they have killed. There is no honor in this but they don't care, they claim everybody else is guilty. The truth will never be known, but some of us can see them and know in our hearts that they are doing this, but you can't prove it. If with all the tricks, FF says they have to find them and it's still not going to happen. In the days I've been here there were players who have moved on and had access to multiple accounts and never once were found out. I had been approach my self from time to time with whispers about access to a few, but I have quickly closed my ears. Maybe I'm no better than the cheats, if I knew and never said, but what is prof beyond my words, people aren't stupid they did this with thought and planning not to be found out. But at least when my day is done and I'm still hanging on, my victory is real for me. And after all that is all that really matters. Here's to my friends who have given up and moved on because the game is the game and when I finally get reset by the likes of them, I will mostly move on too. But know this, you that know who you are, your victory is so very shallow. Your pride is only vain. Your honor is all a lie. Is this who you are too in real life. God have mercy on you and your soul.

Master Merlin

Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:52 pm

Post Re: When Fair Play is Lost
Great post that rings true. Those that know and have said something, FF cannot find the way or just are not willing to investigate it further or the money they make is to important to uphold their TOS. One day they will kick themselves for selling out for a few bucks, just to lose it all. When enough people have had enough of the alts and account sharing it will be FF that will hurt, The ones that move on will move to other games and not bother with scandalous, honor less people whether they wear a shield in game or provide the not so supportive support.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:08 am

Agreed. I don't know if Firefly is simply less technologically savvy than those using alts or if they just don't care. Either way it is Firefly's problem. I remember playing Everquest 2 and seeing bots getting banned daily; the problem will always be there but at least Sony had the ability to do something about it. When I move on which I imagine will be sooner rather than later, it will definitely not be to another Firefly game after this poor experience. Good game, good concept, horrible support, and easily perceived as apathetic.

-Von

P.S. If you don't see me on game I probably got banned for the above.

Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:50 am

Voninski, you weren't banned for expressing your opinion on the forum and if you were it would be a forum ban, not an account-wide ban.

ImageImage

Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:26 pm
Profile WWW

Thanks for crushing my drama.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:33 am

Always happy to help dispel myths. :)

ImageImage

Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:23 am
Profile WWW

I agree completely. However, one side effect of FF making attempts to guard against multiple accounts or account sharing has come to be a problem for me. I live with 3 brothers and my parents. We're pretty well off and have quite a few friends over all the time. And wouldn't you know it, we almost all play the game! A friend got one of my brothers into it, then I became addicted and now everyone but my father plays. Premium, as Master Merlin said, helps us help each other out and none of us care about owning much more than a few parishes that we're all in, or even the parishes some friends we've made in game are in. I know my account was blocked under the belief that I, or we, have multiple accounts or share accounts. So at least I know FF tries but they need a better support staff for these issues. I do not wish to leave the game because as Voninski said, good game, good concept, but it still has issues as does any game. I believe that maybe a support call number would even help remedy some issues, because the anonymity of emails doesn't help them figure out who is account sharing, multiple accounts or the like, but a voice on the phone, security questions (as aggravating as they are most of the time) would go a long way.

Master Merlin, should you read this, I recently had an in game conversation with you, but I have no way of telling my faction leader or other friends in the game that I cannot log in for at least 7 days apparently. Could you message Natesmooth and Big Poppa Pump that I won't be on until this issue is resolved?

Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:33 pm

I have let them know CA... look for your return soon.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Someone without alts just can't reach the higher levels. Point set.
/Tss

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:02 pm

What are you meaning sooth? I don't have any alts, never will. I'm in the top 15 most of the time in points. In a few others too. With just single account steady game play, but I put in almost 8 hours each and everyday too.

Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next