Firefly: account sitting

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
DavidSpy

Re: Firefly: account sitting

Post by DavidSpy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:14 pm

Voninski wrote:Also....david...if an account gets banned. The ban ends in 6 months? Is that the longest ban possible or are some bans lifetime?
If an account gets permanently banned it's permanent unless compelling evidence is found to review the ban. The longest I've heard of an account being temp banned is a week.
RobertScott wrote:Chief Head Volunteer Troll, I have tried walk it back with you, but man I really can't frikin stand you.
I'm still confounded by this, what do I do besides existing here that annoys you so much over the average forum user?
RobertScott wrote: I didn't read about the fact thar the game won't play at sea, I lived it. I bought a minute plan intending to play, tried it day after day, and it crashed EVERY TIME.

Maybe the ISP had blocked connection to the game servers, I cannot really help without knowing more information surrounding the circumstances. However, it does not sound like a bandwidth issue as insufficient bandwidth will result only in a connection timeout error, not the client crashing. And yes, in case you wondered, I play regularly on a 2kbps connection so I know what I'm talking about.
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

Voninski

Post by Voninski » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:49 pm

DAVID! Stop annoying my player or you will perish (parish)!

I don't actually know what you are doing but I think it is funny...amuse me!!

evanjellyman

Post by evanjellyman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:04 am

Voninski wrote:Evan, you probably got banned because you account was razing people while it was being babysat. I know it wasn't you and I know you were away at the time. You should ask whoever was account sitting for you why they abused your trust and used it to their own benefit. If the account hadn't been razing people it probably wouldn't have been banned because it wouldn't have been noticed.

Also....david...if an account gets banned. The ban ends in 6 months? Is that the longest ban possible or are some bans lifetime?
Sounds about right lol

Nah I'm already over it man, I plan to stay good friends with the * who got my account banned lol

RobertScott

Post by RobertScott » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:18 pm

The thing is Chief Official Swaggering Troll, I have been on like 18 Cruises, and last i checked carnival did not run out of Wisconsin. I am typing this to you NOW on a cruise ship connection and if a seagulss flies by it interupts the service, and it is slower than my phone modem connection from the early 1990s. Your complete lack of knowledge about what you speak of however never deters you from trying to insert a snarky comment.

It is even harder to take since I can't play my beloved game for a week and my only contact with it is these forums, to have to put up with you. Go tip cows.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Out of morbid curiosity, what speeds are you getting out there on the water? Like I've stated before the game plays fine (if just a bit laggy) on a 1-2kbps connection. For you to be unable to connect because of bandwidth you must be getting under 1kbps.

While I may not have first hand experience running the game over satellite internet (or whatever it is you have out there) I do have plenty of knowledgeable experience running SHK over limited connections. So I wouldn't say I have a complete lack of knowledge on the subject and until you start posting some objective numbers, rather than relying on ad hominem attacks to bolster your argument, I'm unable to further assist you.

ImageImage

skitty67

Post by skitty67 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:45 pm

Do you mean bytes or bits, and is this bandwidth tx or rx, kbps means bits which is a lot less than kB/s.
When i am in game My bandwidth monitor says the game uses a near constant 8.8kB/s or 70.3kbps rx and a near constant 3 kbps or 389B/s tx.

An old modem was 56 Kbps, which equates to 7kB/s

2 kbps is very low and i am very surprised that it runs at this speed.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:29 pm

I was talking bytes, not bits.

I've run the game on a 1000 bytes/second rx with 500 bytes/second tx. Villages will take a good 30-45 seconds to load but it's doable, also, you will need to kill the ingame chat client. Anything slower and you will probably receive connection errors, which isn't as bad now with the recent update which allows the client to attempt to reconnect again before kicking you to the login screen.

Keep in mind this is the standalone client, you can't even install the Steam client with a 2000 bytes/second connection.

ImageImage

Voninski

Post by Voninski » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Enough with the big words and small confusing ones!

Ad Rock

Post by Ad Rock » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:21 am

Ah @ Bobby teh Scot... Thou art a troll after mine own heart. I give you kudos for trying but you aren't nearly subtle enough and you should never paint yourself into a corner. Ambiguity is your friend and you did good by not giving factual data but you still aren't ambiguous enough for a successful troll.

Anyways I wish you well on your 10th sea-bound junket and hope a seagull doesn't sink your flimsy paper junk . :P

@ Voninski
Miss me m8? ;)

Edited by Moderator Voltair, for inappropriate language. If you post on these forums keep it clean! I will not warn you again.
nop nop nop nop

RobertScott

Post by RobertScott » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:19 pm

David, first stop pretending that what you are trying to do is help me. You are playing " gotcha" from your hoarder basement apartment with all the piles of Newsweek from 1998 , broken Easy Bake Ovens, things of this nature.

You keep trying to divert the conversation to speed. Before you shuffle and lock this thread, the slickest move you ever did to me, ( as the reponses of others were out of order andmad no senze ), letme toss this out there: this is about the game crashing.

The error messages looked like that socket rror thing, ie a big page of gibbetish, and not always the same gibbetish. I DONT know if you emerge from the hoarder lair to go to a bar to watch the Packers, but if you have you.migh havenoticed that if t is cloudy sattellite connections drop.

This posted roaming at port on San Juan on a phone, forgive the spell g as I can't see whst I am yyping, and David I hope you don't have to put on that blue shirt with yourname tag.on.it tommorrow with that biiiiig set of keys._

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”