It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:14 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 A lighter side of the H9 v H10 war 

Post A lighter side of the H9 v H10 war
Various county Proclamations from the the Caithness Capital, Thurso that were all sent on 21 August.

In order:

From Ajr568:
We are House 9.
Lower your castles, and surrender your towns.
We will add your farming and military distinctiveness to our own.
Your House will adapt to service US.
Resistance.... Is Futile....

From Bozda:
i am boz-da and i cannot lie,
no other brotha can deny,
when highlanders troops walk in with your iddy biddy wall,
and a pikeman in your face,
they get crushed wanna pull out you tough,
cos you noticed you keep got stuffed.

"baby got back" sir-mix-a-lot f.t bozda and the highland possy

in other words get off our land kiddies

highlanders till i die!!!

From Skitty67:
Cabbages lets talk cabbage.
You have big ones, small ones, flithy ones, flabby ones, crinkley ones, white ones, purple ones, smelly ones, happy ones, sad ones, ones who'd you like to take on a date with you, ones that stay at home and look after the kids, maniac ones, delusional ones, indeed for every person their is a cabbage just waiting to be loved.

As a long standing member of the rights for cabbages brigade I object to apples and apple eaters such as h10 being here, we had lettuces here a week ago and we all know you can't trust a lettuce.
Apples and their eaters are such selfish creature and don't deserve anything really so you filthy creatures leave our lands and take h10 with you.

YAY for cabbages, down with the apples and h10, anyone for carrots?

From Thraka Khan:
The death penalty is a controversial subject which has been hotly debated ever since its implementation. Whether or not capital punishment is a justifiable way of dealing with criminals is at the center of the capital punishment debate. Advocates of the death penalty will argue that it is not justifiable under any circumstances, and that it should be removed from our legal system. Some proponents of capital punishment attempt to use studies, research, and bare facts to justify its use in our criminal justice system. Three of the primary schools of thought which support the use of the death penalty revolve around its role in deterrence, incapacitation, and retribution. The best argument for justification of the death penalty surely lies in its role as a deterrent.
Deterrence in this situation refers to the deterring of criminals committing violent or heinous acts which would result in their execution. Proponents of the death penalty being the best possible deterrent to crime assert that potential criminals are less likely to commit crimes if they know that being captured and convicted could result in their own death. Deterrence, as applied to the death penalty, comes in two forms. The first of these forms is referred to as specific deterrence. Specific deterrence is aimed at criminals who have already committed offenses, and is meant to deter them from doing it again. One way which capital punishment accomplishes specific deterrence is by removing the convicted offender from society entirely. There can be no greater deterrence than this. Once an execution has been carried out is a guaranteed fact that the criminal no longer will pose a threat to society and will never have the opportunity to commit another crime.
The second form is known as general deterrence and is meant to dissuade the general public from committing crimes by “making an example” of convicted offenders. This reason has been listed many times, and seen as a major reason for supporting the death penalty in many public polls and forums in the past. The goal here is to use the law and the threat of death to scare the general populace into behaving themselves. This form of deterrence is one of the main reasons that executions used to be carried out in public before an assembled crowd of citizens. Public executions have since been discontinued in the United Sates, but newspapers, magazines, and other forms of media regularly run articles and do reports on death row inmates and executions. While the public may no longer be able to personally watch the offender’s executions, it is still known that executions are being performed and thus, still serves as a deterrent.
It is theorized that in order for capital punishment to be truly effective as a deterrent there is a criteria that must be adhered to. The first part of these criteria involves the severity of the punishment to be administered. For example if the punishment for murder was a mandatory 10 year prison sentence and an individual was presented with the opportunity to murder someone and rob them of a substantial amount of money they may be tempted to take the risk of being caught in order to receive the reward of the large amount do money. However, if the potential murderer and robber knew that if they were caught they would be summarily executed, they would be very likely to reconsider risking their life. “The costs of crime must outweigh the perceived benefits” ( Robinson ). Secondly the adminsitration of justice must be certain, as well as swift. The criminal must know that justice will be carried out, and will be done so rapidly.
Advocates of capital punishment cite statistics which would suggest that capital punishment is not effective as a deterrent. For example the fact that states who use the death penalty have higher murder rates. First of all there is no way to know if these states would have even higher murder rates in the absence of the death penalty detterant. Also, in most cases the criteria listed above is not met. Justice is niether certain nor swift. Most murderers eligible for the death penalty are never executed, and often spend many years in prison before their sentence is carried out.
The death penalty is the ultimate deterrent to crime. The old expression “a dead man tells no tales” also translates into the fact that a dead man cannot commit a crime. There is no way to collect data on how many crimes are deterred by the death penalty each year. This could potentially be thousands per year. Critics of the death penalty being a useful deterrent quote statistics which only show that the death penalty is not an effective detterant when the criteria for its proper impementation are not met. In order to truly be effective the process surrounding the death penalty must be severe, certain, and swiflty carried out. When these criteria are adhered to capital punishment is an effective and justifiable deterrent to crime.

From Ash_itaka:
NOBODY EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQISITION!

From Thraka Khan (Again):
< Witty Proclamation that is mildly insulting and somewhat strange >

From Elipsies:
Fellow Countrymen !!! The tree of Liberty must sometime be watered by the blood of tyrants and patriots .. We the Highlanders are Patriots .... guess who the rest are ....btw DS [Deadly Silent] .. bet you don't drop ID again :)

From AFluffyNinjax:
What the * did you just invade about Caithness, you little peasant? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Knights hospitaller, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on H1, H9, H10, H11 AND H16, and I have over 300 confirmed razes. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top archer in the entire medieval ages. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will raze you the * out of Caithness with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this server, mark my words. You think you can get away with invading that way to me over the Internet? Think again, bumpkin. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the UK and your scouts are being tracked right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your village. You’re gone, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my pikemen. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire * of my parish and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable village off the face of the British Isles, you little village-idiot. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” invasion was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your mouse click. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you commoner. I will drop catapults all over you and you will drown in it. You’re dead, yokel.

Hey guys, this is our lands, our home. We don't leave, not for invaders...You'll never win against us because we'll never leave, we'll respawn time and time again. You made the wrong enemies. Sure we don't have the numbers, or the number of armies that a whole house has, but we have one thing... and that's resilience, and patience.

When your house has been destroyed and your all looking for a place to go, do me a favour and stay away from here, because you will be rejected, you will be turned away, you will be hunted down and made to pay for your treason and your lack of dignity and common decency.

also, ilu guis:
Skitty
Thraka
Ash
Elipsies
AJR
Bozda
TAMAD
Soldado
King Gemy
Willonius
Huskie..

And the countless others who've fought by my side and not bent down to kiss the man with the most lands behind. You're all what makes this game great, and the rest of Scotland could learn from you.

From Skitty67 (Again):
I was once standing on a bridge i was going to jump but the dog yelled "no stop its not worth it"
I jumped into the canal and sank up to my waist in the poo that had been dropped from canal barges for the last 300 years, the dog came down and encouraged me to get out he hit me with a wet flump and i cried.

Back at base my tape player had recorded that h10 had tried a home invasion so quick as a flash i showered and drove round to my friends house, there we ate pizza and thought about red colours for a while, then it struck me I hadnt id'd. No bother I thought, their attacks only tickle.

My dog reminded me about the canal incident and I felt worried h10 had barges i thought, oh dear.

Anyway when i got back to the old dear, deadly was on doing his thing with the monks saving everyone cause he's the dude, when I thought hey lets do chat roulette with thurso and here we are.

Hi im skitty67 i am wearing a crotchless bear outfit and rubbing my knees you want to rub them too, arh thats better.

There you have it, The results of the Highlanders playing Caithnes roulette.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:38 am

Post Re: A lighter side of the H9 v H10 war
Here is the week late declaration:

Faction Leaders and Diplomats,

I would like to formally declare war on H10. For nearly a week our minor police actions have failed to return peace to W5, therefore we believe that only your utter destruction and removal will bring forth the farming confederation we have dreamt of for so long.

One of my faction leaders also asked me to request the return of his cupcakes. He did not want to be named.

-Von
Marshal of H9
Faction Leader of Vonz Bronze Boyz

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:02 am

Gee, I wonder which leader wanted his cupcakes returned.... :)

Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:46 am

Joy... the last war of W5... I hope it's good. cuz then the world will be officially dead.

- proud troll
- well renowned annoying bugger
- Jack of all trades
- Master of neutrality
- Amateur farmer
- Terrible Supplier

Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:36 pm

The Super Soldier wrote:
Joy... the last war of W5... I hope it's good. cuz then the world will be officially dead.

Literally and figuratively. xD

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:21 pm

Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:23 pm

I actually look foreward to the 3rd age... maybe we can steamroll right thru that and hit the 4th age :)

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:15 pm

I don't... there'll be no one left to fight.

- proud troll
- well renowned annoying bugger
- Jack of all trades
- Master of neutrality
- Amateur farmer
- Terrible Supplier

Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:18 pm

The Super Soldier wrote:
I don't... there'll be no one left to fight.

Just like there was no one left to fight after Age 1? lol

Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:37 am

Third Age > Second Age

ImageImage

Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:01 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next