House 8 News

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
meatball2k

Re: House 8 News

Post by meatball2k »

I dont want to take anything away from the winners though well mainly h9 and h16 they have done well but by smashing any potential oppoisition they just kill the server, That is why I hope at some point they reduce the amount of factions in a house and massively increase the reward for winning, yeah alot of the weak factions would probably be homeless but in reality they dont need a house as there never going to go to war, let all the big boys take over and make the world competetive again 6-8 factions per house imagine if h9 split in two and h16 spilt in two, then you have h10 thats looking solid you already have some strong houses, then you would have the ex h8 guys who could easily form a good house, already the world is looking mroe competetive. Again though just my opinion :-)
JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi »

I gave you an excuse for that, KPD. You took in members that had not cleared their surrender with House 16. We were very, very forgiving during that period of time, as a lot of otherwise prime targets were simply forgotten as soon as they drop, but not everyone was given this luxury. No one declared war on you long ago. Trust me, I'm in the thread.

You pulled them in, KPD. Most all of them were unmarked. Now they're being slaughtered. You can't pin that on Gendry, that is your own fault. Besides, it wasn't Gendry that put the swords up, it was the individual faction generals watching you attack.
Voninski

Post by Voninski »

Anyone talking bad about me here or should I just leave it alone?
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

JaxiTaxi wrote:I gave you an excuse for that, KPD. You took in members that had not cleared their surrender with House 16. We were very, very forgiving during that period of time, as a lot of otherwise prime targets were simply forgotten as soon as they drop, but not everyone was given this luxury. No one declared war on you long ago. Trust me, I'm in the thread.

You pulled them in, KPD. Most all of them were unmarked. Now they're being slaughtered. You can't pin that on Gendry, that is your own fault. Besides, it wasn't Gendry that put the swords up, it was the individual faction generals watching you attack.
Sorry, but pulling together people who I've been friends with for 300+ days, seemed like a pretty good idea at the time... these people all dropped h8, because they had no issues with h16, nor a desire to fight a war with them, and h9... * half of them didn't even want to fight h9 to begin with. It made sense for me to gather people who were battered, to regroup and play with people who they know, so they could lick their wounds and rebuild to enjoy the game again.

I did everything I could, to make sure that everyone left h16 be... to stay out of the spotlight.
maybe my downfall, was that dying desire to get my achievement for a sherriff position.... not realizing that one sherriff position carried no honor anyway lmao.... But the mail I had with layanna, was friendly, and explained everything pretty clearly and friendly... after I got the achivement, I told her the monks would stop and I woudln't contest her county at all.

I appologized to some of my faction leaders, for pulling them into a steaming pile of sh** but I won't take 100% of the blame, because it's really ridiculous, that gendry can't find other things to do than smash people who had no reason to fight back. Nor did any of them have any ideas of "retaliating" against h16 for the previovus h16/h8 war... most of them were past it. Just to get demolished again.

either way, had I not gotten banned from the vent, I would have loved to come in and at least talk about it, but no one seemed all that interested in discussing anything they'd rather just dump on smaller houses. Like I said before, I sure hope gendry's guys enjoy playing with themselves, cos that's how its going. May as well just rejoin h1 and call it a day.
JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi »

Again, perception is everything. You claim to have an excuse here, but you absolutely did not communicate it with anyone properly in House 16 prior or immediately following your departure. All we were left with was speculation and heresay.

It doesn't matter if they did not want to fight. Judging who wants to and who does not want to fight in the aftermath of a war when many dropped neutral and continued to fight us is difficult. The burden of protecting your members is on YOU by properly communicating with us and ensuring the members you recruited were cleared by the individuals targeting them and leadership. Let me sum it up: you don't just join another house and expect not to be followed by armies. You need to call of the dogs, and that burden is not on us.

You say Gendry again, which makes me believe you did not read my post after I explicitly stated that the individual factions put swords on you. Even that is irrelevant because if you think a House will not retaliate when you have initiated hostile monking and armies simply because you're much smaller, then you're delusional.
The Super Soldier

Post by The Super Soldier »

Voninski wrote:Anyone talking bad about me here or should I just leave it alone?
you can leave now.
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

JaxiTaxi wrote:Again, perception is everything. You claim to have an excuse here, but you absolutely did not communicate it with anyone properly in House 16 prior or immediately following your departure. All we were left with was speculation and heresay.

It doesn't matter if they did not want to fight. Judging who wants to and who does not want to fight in the aftermath of a war when many dropped neutral and continued to fight us is difficult. The burden of protecting your members is on YOU by properly communicating with us and ensuring the members you recruited were cleared by the individuals targeting them and leadership. Let me sum it up: you don't just join another house and expect not to be followed by armies. You need to call of the dogs, and that burden is not on us.

You say Gendry again, which makes me believe you did not read my post after I explicitly stated that the individual factions put swords on you. Even that is irrelevant because if you think a House will not retaliate when you have initiated hostile monking and armies simply because you're much smaller, then you're delusional.

It is what it is I guess... When I come back I'm sure they'll raze my villages.
There weren't a whole lot of "avenue's" to "communicate" with anyone over there....

I'm still open to come into vent and discuss it, if they would unban me, even temporarily.
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

DavidSpy wrote:I guess they don't want to hear you vent on vent. ;)
I'm perfectly capable of carrying on a reasonable conversation.
I just think its slightly annoying, how things in world 5 go.
jess1sc

Post by jess1sc »

thekpd wrote: It is what it is I guess... When I come back I'm sure they'll raze my villages.
There weren't a whole lot of "avenue's" to "communicate" with anyone over there....

I'm still open to come into vent and discuss it, if they would unban me, even temporarily.
When you come back I'm sure doc and Lyanna's factions will indeed raze your villages. You can't expect to raze a faction general's village and get off with no problems. There were plenty of avenues to communicate with our house, via in game mail to any and all faction generals in the house. Or even the old Roughnecks mail thread where you were making snarky remarks about Lyanna being able to hold that county...

We were quite prepared to let you go your own way and build up a house over there out of the people we'd just declared war on. We had no personal gripe with any of them, or really with you. Nobody that I know of was out to get you. When it was pointed out to Gendry that you had a house of your own, he just laughed. I honestly don't know about H16 people hitting your parishes or your members before you razed one of our players. If that's true it could have been handled diplomatically instead of stupidly.

Our house does not have swords on H11. Some individual factions may still have swords on them, that's up to the faction generals. Our faction doesn't have swords on any H11 factions.

We've had several people from H11 writing us desperately seeking peace. The fact is you dragged them into a war by your actions, then you abandoned them as soon as the war you asked for started, in the grand tradition of a long line of leaders we've fought (or...couldn't fight because they went into vacation mode) who should never have been leaders in the first place. I do feel sorry for the guys in H11, but they chose you as their leader and then monked you into the county. And now they have to dig themselves out of the hole you left him in.

And no, we don't want to hear you on vent. ;)
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I really dont see the point of w5 anymore, I think its either a case of join h16 or h9 or play farmville, THE WORLD IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE WORLD

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”