It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:04 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Banned for Association (IMPORTANT) 

Post Banned for Association (IMPORTANT)
Yesterday, I received a 3 day ban from Firefly. Knowing that I had only committed my usual sins, I sent in a support ticket.

I was told by the support admin that I was being investigated in conjunction with other members of my house for "gross violation" of the terms of use. I was being investigated for my "underlings" actions (yes they said underlings in the mail). I was clearly found to have done nothing wrong as they lifted my ban but they warned me that the actions of my housemates could lead to my permanent ban.

I cannot, nor can any other marshal or general, police the actions of my members when it comes to alts accounts, hacks, or bots. I have the power to declare war not to scan computers. Being a marshal is a part of the game that adds to the fun and organization but if I am to be banned for members (many of whom I do not even know yet) it makes a marshal ship a liability.

Firefly needs to come out with answers very quickly on this matter. Either put it in your rules that Marshals are accountable or that mess from yesterday needs to be fixed and not happen again.

-Von

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Post Re: Banned for Association (IMPORTANT)
lol @ underlings

but yes this is a serious matter, eager to hear from firefly.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:08 am

We're not asking you to police anyone's computer or to do anything at all. We're telling you that when we see a group of accounts cheating to benefit a house, you can bet that we are going to look at the house leader too. Encouraging others to break the rules or benefiting from it is not tolerated. Let's compare this to being the CEO of a company. If one of your executives steals a candy bar and gets arrested for shop lifting, chances are that you the CEO knew nothing about this and didn't direct the person to steal the candy bar, nothing is going to happen to you. If one of your executives and his whole division are cooking the books to be the next Enron, then you should probably expect to face some criminal charges.

To be totally clear:

We're NOT saying that if one member of your house is cheating you will be banned.

We ARE saying that if there is a large group of players in your house blatantly spawning dozens of dummy accounts to benefit the house, do not expect we will ignore you.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:41 am

Now with added splash damage!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:05 am

So that's how h9 got so big, so fast.
Ban em all!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:06 am

haha oak...

thats epic.

also inb4 lock

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:07 am

um lol? why wuld u even post this? so basically you did NOT get banned because the admins decided you were just too clueless to know what was going on in your own house? that is total bs i demand that firefly actually ban you. if anyone believes you weren't in vent calling the shots i got a bridge they can buy.

OTJHER PLAYERS POST HERE IF YOU THINK HE SHULD GET BANNED NEWAYS

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 am

Oakan wrote:

Now with added splash damage!

some things shouldn't have splash damage.

Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:59 am

oh hai jess :oops: :twisted:

Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:29 am

Not the only naughty thing Vons done too ;)

Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next