W5 News

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Adawulf

W5 News

Post by Adawulf »

Well H9 has quit and almost the entire map is red. I think that had H9 stuck around they might have won, and the server would be much more interesting. H15 is still standing tall and I salute them. We need more like them. I know it's fun to join the big mob and safely farm but if we all do that things sure are boring!

I know that most H9 players felt confident and enjoyed the war prior to quitting. It was boredom with the game, real life issues, and wanting to play other things that made them leave. People were in voice chat talking about all kind of other games they were playing and little by little there were fewer H9 members actually playing SHK anymore. There's always a war going on, and whenever you quit whoever you are at war with will try and take credit for it. It's funny to hear from H1 players with inflated epeens who want to believe that they "forced" h9 to quit. Nothing could be further from the truth. War is the fun part of the game and it kept people playing who would have otherwise quit weeks prior, so if anything war makes people want to play more, not less.

As for me, I hardly play the game much anymore not because I don't like it, but because I work full time and when I get home I'd rather eat and turn on my TV than sit at the computer. But, I will still be around in some capacity because I really like the game and it's just so intriguing and interesting to me. My only gripe with it is the ridiculous amount of time it takes to play. It doesn't lend itself to casual players like myself. When they come out with a version of this for the Xbox that doesn't take 4 hours a day to play I'll be in heaven :)
rubba

Re: W5 News

Post by rubba »

This is how they came

this is what happend

greetings from rubba ^^
rubba

Post by rubba »

but on a serius note i think the battle might have lasted longer if all of h9 kept on playing but the outcome would still have been the same in my opinion.

i would like to thank h9 for an interesting war also to adawulf for the daily propaganda uppdates( not trash talking you i loved them) and good luck too all in age 2 i guess;P
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

I miss krogith already... R.I.P kroggie.
Adawulf

Post by Adawulf »

Thanks Rubba. I've enjoyed your propaganda as well, especially the visual aids. It would be awesome if the game was really like that with charging knights and Kings being defeated and such. Kind of makes me want to play some Mount & Blade looking at those pictures. But this game isn't really like that is it?

When your opponent leaves the table and you start moving pieces around that's called playing with yourself, and if they gave out trophy's for playing with yourself we'd all be champs :lol:
Adawulf

Post by Adawulf »

Insulting me just makes you look weak and frustrated. Just because my opinions are different from yours doesn't make me a "troll". You are entitled to disagree and I welcome any facts or analysis you have to support your argument.

In my opinion, what we're really seeing here from H1 and their propaganda is the frustration with how disappointing victories in this game can be. It's annoying as * and I agree with that. Your anger at me is misdirected. It would be awesome if the victory here was like Rubba's pictures with charging knights and glorious battles. If Krogith was dethroned by glorious armies charging into his castles that would have been totally cool, but I don't even think he ever lost a village to you guys did he? Basically he got bored, started playing minecraft and from his perspective the war with you was not even a factor in his decision making. He doesn't even read the forums.

The only players that were actually threatened or in danger by H1 were the noobs, farmers and inactive players. Very few active fighters lost any villages at all. The grand-tally of villages lost show an H9 victory. They razed more than they lost, but as we all know that's not how victories are measured in this game, and it is how those victories are measured that poses the problem, and makes players angry.

There's nothing "epic" about waiting for your opponent to get bored and quit. What H1 needed to do is actually defeat Krogith when he was here, or at least take out a good number of his villages. Barring that, there is very little to congratulate yourselves for. With all of your resources as a house, you should have been able to do that, and it could have been glorious. Or maybe instead of waiting for people to quit, or switch sides you could have actually conquered one of the big H9 counties like Ross or Inverness, but that never happened either, at least not until after the house fell apart. If you really think about it, what exactly did H1 accomplish other than simply wait for the other guys to quit or switch sides?

Krogith still has all his villages, he's still ranked #1 and now he's on vacation mode. I can imagine how incredibly frustrating that is for you folks who hate Krogith and wanted to crush him. Basically he kicked you around for a awhile, then got bored and is now playing Minecraft. He doesn't read these forums and couldn't care less about them. He might come back to kick you around some more, or he might find a new game. I don't think he even lost a village, so from his perspective this war wasn't much of a serious problem for him at all, and had zero impact on his decision to quit. If H1 had reset him or at least dethroned him from the #1 rank by taking out some villages that would be something to pat yourselves on the back over maybe. When his vacation mode runs out, you could wipe him out while he's offline and I suppose that would feel good, but even that is a very, very far cry from Rubba's glorious paintings.
Voninski

Post by Voninski »

Ada,

Shouldn't you get off the forums and focus on that county you lost...and the other one? and the governors?

You are a troll in these forums because you don't play the game. You just sit here and post and act like you are part of the house. You have been a terrible player since you started and nothing has changed except now you talk alot. So you are a talentless troll. You understand now?

-Von
rubba

Post by rubba »

i just saw glorious and rubba thanks mister ada^^
Adawulf

Post by Adawulf »

All I see Voninski is a lot of angry, chilidish people like yourself from H1 who reduce every thread to personal insults in the hopes that it will get locked.
Adawulf

Post by Adawulf »

That was a little better Jelly. Most of it was still just insults but you made a couple of decent arguments also.

Your analogy about the baseball game is pretty good. I agree that it was not cool for H9 to challenge your team to a game, and then quit before it ended. But in their defense these * games takes months to finish and few but the most hemorrhoid ridden, lifeless couch potatoes can endure a war in this game to it's conclusion.

But, I disagree with the notion that H9 quit in order to spoil a victory for H1. As I've said before, I doubt anyone, ever quits a game they enjoy due to PVP, losing a war, or the actions of other players in the game world. Among all the reasons folks quit and move to other games that is near the bottom of the list.

This is a fun game, and people who enjoy it keep playing regardless of losses in battle. Look at me, like you said I only have 1 village left and lots of folks from H1 hate me. I've been reset twice but I keep coming back. I work full time, I have a family and I probably have about 6 hours a week I can put into the game. I play the game because I like it, and if I ever left I assure you it would have nothing to do with EvanJellyman :P

The two primary reasons why folks quit games are 1) Boredom and moving on to other games. 2) Real life issues. The idea that players from H9 quit because of something you did, is just pure ego. If anything, a good, challenging war or PVP opponent makes games more fun and players more likely to keep playing. I know you and others from H1 would like to believe that you caused people to quit, but it's simply not true.

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”