It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:26 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 pillaging for score 

Post pillaging for score
I'm sure alot of people have noticed the pillaging scoreboard lately with the top two guys shooting up to a whopping 300k+ in pillaging in recent weeks.

Whilst many of us also watched those two players from the same faction pillaging each other endlessly to get to the top without doing any real fighting.

Is this an acceptable exploit?

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:16 pm

Post Re: pillaging for score
Why not?
The game can be played in many ways.
The two players have to pay attention, if someone notice them it is possible they will be pillaged out by a third player. :)
The strange is they are from the same faction. I think you can't attack a player in the same your own faction

Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 pm

well you just drop faction while you do it.

Fair enough, kinda lame tho, if everyone starts doing this then the whole point of the scoreboard is a joke, kinda ruins it for all imo but yeh I guess it can't be helped.

I also think there is very little risk to it, so what if someone comes in and gets one pillage off on them? It is exploiting to get the top score no matter how you look, people have competed fairly on those boards in good fun this entire age and then someone just shoots to the top by doing friendly pillages in a couple days, comon lol there is no point prettying it up and saying its just another a way to play the game.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Lol.

They are still paying honour, so I dont know whats wrong about it.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:19 pm

well let me put it this way, people spent 400+ days earning pillaging scores in the region between 70k - 300k by fighting against enemies that fight you back.

Now if you spent all that time and effort to get to the top like T55 was and then someone spends a couple of days pillaging their friend to shoot up to 300k from <50k wouldn't you feel that was a bit unfair?

If this is how everyone is ment to compete on the pillaging scoreboard from now on so be it :roll:

Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:30 pm

I would have thought it would be embarrassing to get high ranks and achievements through such means. Well I guess if you can't beat up others, beat up yourselves.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:46 pm

@evanjellyman

On world 8 I stayed at bondsman rank and ransacked defenseless villages at almost no honor cost. This kept me #1 on the destroyer leaderboard for over a month. Would you consider what I did an exploit of the game's mechanics?

ImageImage

Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:41 pm
Profile WWW

Early game, easily passible, and against other players. It's not necessarily a tough fight, but at least you aren't hitting someone that lives under the same roof as yourself. It's akin to owning two accounts and using the accounts to get your scoreboard higher. It's not competition.

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:14 pm

DavidSpy wrote:
@evanjellyman

On world 8 I stayed at bondsman rank and ransacked defenseless villages at almost no honor cost. This kept me #1 on the destroyer leaderboard for over a month. Would you consider what I did an exploit of the game's mechanics?

no I would not

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:20 pm

JaxiTaxi wrote:
It's akin to owning two accounts and using the accounts to get your scoreboard higher

this

Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:22 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next