pillaging for score

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
evanjellyman

pillaging for score

Post by evanjellyman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:16 pm

I'm sure alot of people have noticed the pillaging scoreboard lately with the top two guys shooting up to a whopping 300k+ in pillaging in recent weeks.

Whilst many of us also watched those two players from the same faction pillaging each other endlessly to get to the top without doing any real fighting.

Is this an acceptable exploit?

bukland

Re: pillaging for score

Post by bukland » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:26 pm

Why not?
The game can be played in many ways.
The two players have to pay attention, if someone notice them it is possible they will be pillaged out by a third player. :)
The strange is they are from the same faction. I think you can't attack a player in the same your own faction

evanjellyman

Post by evanjellyman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:02 pm

well you just drop faction while you do it.

Fair enough, kinda lame tho, if everyone starts doing this then the whole point of the scoreboard is a joke, kinda ruins it for all imo but yeh I guess it can't be helped.

I also think there is very little risk to it, so what if someone comes in and gets one pillage off on them? It is exploiting to get the top score no matter how you look, people have competed fairly on those boards in good fun this entire age and then someone just shoots to the top by doing friendly pillages in a couple days, comon lol there is no point prettying it up and saying its just another a way to play the game.

Kedavra

Post by Kedavra » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:19 pm

Lol.

They are still paying honour, so I dont know whats wrong about it.

evanjellyman

Post by evanjellyman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:30 pm

well let me put it this way, people spent 400+ days earning pillaging scores in the region between 70k - 300k by fighting against enemies that fight you back.

Now if you spent all that time and effort to get to the top like T55 was and then someone spends a couple of days pillaging their friend to shoot up to 300k from <50k wouldn't you feel that was a bit unfair?

If this is how everyone is ment to compete on the pillaging scoreboard from now on so be it :roll:

JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:46 pm

I would have thought it would be embarrassing to get high ranks and achievements through such means. Well I guess if you can't beat up others, beat up yourselves.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:41 pm

@evanjellyman

On world 8 I stayed at bondsman rank and ransacked defenseless villages at almost no honor cost. This kept me #1 on the destroyer leaderboard for over a month. Would you consider what I did an exploit of the game's mechanics?
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Early game, easily passible, and against other players. It's not necessarily a tough fight, but at least you aren't hitting someone that lives under the same roof as yourself. It's akin to owning two accounts and using the accounts to get your scoreboard higher. It's not competition.

evanjellyman

Post by evanjellyman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:20 pm

DavidSpy wrote:@evanjellyman

On world 8 I stayed at bondsman rank and ransacked defenseless villages at almost no honor cost. This kept me #1 on the destroyer leaderboard for over a month. Would you consider what I did an exploit of the game's mechanics?
no I would not

evanjellyman

Post by evanjellyman » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:22 pm

JaxiTaxi wrote:It's akin to owning two accounts and using the accounts to get your scoreboard higher
this

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”