It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:28 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 World 5 Newb 

Post World 5 Newb
So I've been playing SK for about 2 months maybe at the most. I like it, I have played Stronghold and Stronghold 2, so it wasn't hard at all to pick up.

The thing is, I'm getting the feeling that this game has a bunch of internet toughguys playing who simply enjoy bullying other players.

I had joined a small faction that wasn't part of any house, I joined mostly because they were players that had towns close to mine and it seemed to make sense. Long story short - my faction leader must have been talking with a faction leader that was part of a house and we decided to merge into their faction. Personally - it wasn't for me at all, so I left. Didn't make a big deal about it - I just left and asked my old faction leader for a re-invite (he never changed factions oddly enough).

So about 30 seconds after quitting I get an in-game mail from one of the faction leaders asking me why I left and basically threatening me. So I left him know what I thought of him. He's now scouting my towns and after the nasty messages I've gotten, I'm pretty sure all 4 of my towns will be gone by this time tomorrow.

Is this how this community/game works? If this is normal then I might as well just bail out now, even though I like the game. I'm not trying to start a flame war - that's why I didn't post any names, I just want some veteran players honest opinions on whether or not this is typical behavior?

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:29 pm

Post Re: World 5 Newb
Yea this game is full of bullies, but it is a game and it's the role they play. I try to help people around me and it's good to watch them grow from being a noob to being a player that has a sort of understanding.

If you met these players in real life they probably would be a different person.

In the end this is just a game and some people go to far.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:41 pm

you dont have to endure bullying from other players, FF will take this serious if its a serious case of bullying. you can always report a player for abusive behaviour.
joining another faction might be a good idea as you will get a little help to deal with those types ;)

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:48 pm

Ok so how to I report this guy - he's now in the process of destroying all my towns simply because I had the audacity to leave his precious faction.

And by the way since I'm probably going out of the game soon anyways I might as well call this * out.

His name is simplysound27, faction is The contingency plan in house 19.

I'm sure very few people care, but we shall see.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:26 pm

You should Interdict your villages until you resolve this. Interdiction will prevent attacks from being launched against your village.

Have you tried a little humility when dealing with your old faction general? He may be a vet player and feels you are disrespecting him. Did you drop him as a Liege Lord? If so he may be coming after you for loosing troops of his.

You see there are a score of reasons why he may be attacking that avoid your beginner eyes - no offense.

For instance, in world one I dropped my first faction and ended up fighting them. The faction general was very hurt because I was an officer in his faction. He felt I had betrayed his trust in me - which I had.

ImageImage

Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:36 pm
Profile WWW

Just annoy the * out of him by re-spawning without peacetime, he'll get fed up of the honour costs involved in razing you eventually.
When he does rebuild, join a bigger better faction and get him back.

That's what I'd do.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:48 pm

skitty67 wrote:
Just annoy the * out of him by re-spawning without peacetime, he'll get fed up of the honour costs involved in razing you eventually.
When he does rebuild, join a bigger better faction and get him back.

That's what I'd do.

Gotta love being a thorn in their side! =P But, seriously dude, keep respawning and get yourself some powerful friends, and kick his behind!

- proud troll
- well renowned annoying bugger
- Jack of all trades
- Master of neutrality
- Amateur farmer
- Terrible Supplier

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:30 pm

This is hilarious, DavidSpy is the only one that decides to understand both sides. Maybe back when I was page and had my first village capped by H11 I should have come on here to complain instead of sending a reasonable message to them and talking with them to figure things out. If someone disrespects a faction leader especially one from a former faction, then it usually leads to some sort of sacrifice, is this bullying, no it is life and stuff happens. A few members of H18 disrespected H1 and the alliance and so the entire house had to be punished. This is just how the politics of this game work, are they horrible, ofcourse they are, but this is how it is and shall be henceforth.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:10 pm

I find this comical at best....This player should tell every one of you the truth about why he is getting attacked......XXStrikes- maybe you can inform this player the consequences if if a player were in * or another faction in H1 and left and then started cussing at you, calling you an arogant *, demeaning *, and when you give them a chance to stop running their mouth, they just continue doing it.....probably would get that person reset real quick......the on thing in this game that isnt tolerated is ignorance and disrespect to players which i had to learn at one point and it was a lesson learned.......its one thing to cuss me out in a mail....its one thing to run to other factions and houses and lie to them about why i attacked you.......now its something totally different posting on an open online forum questioning my honor and integrity in this game and getting people behind you based on lies and crying how you're a noob......what you're doing has already gotten enough people involved that could cause wars (hence the rules child) and it almost did earlier with your nonsense.....so yeah, just keep respawning when you run out of villages....maybe i will forget about you......

Last edited by GrandEmperorKurts on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fixed a swear word to be filtered.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:30 pm

simplysound27 wrote:
inform this player the consequences if if a player were in * or another faction in H1 and left and then started cussing at you, calling you an arogant *, demeaning *, and when you give them a chance to stop running their mouth, they just continue doing it.....probably would get that person reset real quick...

True. However, this brings me to a situation that we had in the last few weeks coinciding a former member of ours.

This former member elected to say and absolutely believe us as a faction and House had back stabbed him, stole 'his' parish from him and Excommunicated him without due reason. In lieu of this, he renamed all of his villages to try to provoke us, then responded in a Faction General thread he was still a part of, posting a dozen or so demeaning, cursing and provoking words. On top of that, created a parish forum thread calling me specifically a b---h and apparently coward, etc, etc, yaddi yadda.

In the end, I blocked him and shrugged off any other provocations he sent our way. I asked my faction members to block him and delete his messages.

One thing is for sure: he was all-talk. So we responded with ignoring/blocking him.

Mind you, if he had attacked us, that would be a totally different matter. I really wish he DID attacked us to prove just how good of a fighter he thinks he is. Alas no. ^_^

Last edited by GrandEmperorKurts on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edited word in quote in regards to previous post's edit

Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:02 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next