It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:23 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Second Age vs Firefly's Vision 

Post Re: Second Age vs Firefly's Vision
Question about second age, if I delete a building that is maxed, will I need to re-donate everything if I decide I need that guild later on and re-place it?

Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:56 pm

Bernhard Bernfried wrote:
It is quite obvious that a player who invested, say, a year of his time and a ton of money into the game and just looses that all because firefly shuts down the world, won't just start over again. I saw complete Houses quit and move onto the next game.

If Firefly would manage to keep worlds alive by adding new drives, then these players would keep spending money and playing the game. There were proposals how to achieve that, and its actually not that hard.

World 5 is running for over a year now, and my faction just brought a new wave of recruits in.

LOL! It took World 1 over 3 Years to make it to the Second Age...

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:43 am

Ajr568 wrote:
Question about second age, if I delete a building that is maxed, will I need to re-donate everything if I decide I need that guild later on and re-place it?

Yes if it's removed from the Parish, it'll be as if it never existed.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:43 am

metroman wrote:
Ajr568 wrote:

So we will just have economic or military parish. Fine for me untill i can make all my economy at max lvl :)

House 6
Grand Duchy of Lithuania

World 5

Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:31 pm

It will make game play better i guess. Now in counties the house has to make economical and war parishes

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:38 pm

apofis wrote:
metroman wrote:
Ajr568 wrote:

So we will just have economic or military parish. Fine for me untill i can make all my economy at max lvl :)

My guess is the concept was placed that way so people use Honor to attack, not just Parishes which don't cost any Honor, so people have to better manage their troops more then what they used to do by just simply maxing taxes in the Parishes and constantly stocking troops and attacking from the Parish and no Honor lost.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:37 pm

Just want to quickly mention that some of the ideas mentioned are not all mine. I cannot take credit for ideas others have shared with me or ones I read about in other Stronghold forums. That said, it does not matter so much who conceived the ideas. What matters is FireFly listens and after careful consideration, implements some of the ideas generated by the playerbase.

Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:16 am

IMHO, I think that almost all of the ideas put forward were good ones and i personally would love to see a larger map with us being able to set ambushes up or maybe using troops to not attack directly but have the option to scorch the land around villages to reduce production in said village, however if we look at other mmo's this could be a double edge sword, listening to the community is all good and well and this community seems (for the most part) to be filled with good and intelligent people but when too many ask for certain things it can end up killing the game, look at galaxies.. one patch and it's all over. Also most mmo's are turning away from indepth game play and moving towards faster pvp, wow, eve two of the big names have been doing it for years now. It's only reasonable to expect others to follow suite.

Also keep in mind that while petitions and boycotts might seem like a good idea at the time, for every person that signs or boycotts there's at least five who don't and new players like myself who are joining every day and are willing to spend money on crowns because we do enjoy the game, it's not perfect but no game is and this one is better than most of the others out there atm.

p.s. when you are feeling down about this game, just remember there aren't 5 guys waiting for you to respawn to gank you for the 10th time :P lol

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:15 am

I have been reading about the second age on forums for months now. Some like it, some don't. I for one wish to see it firsthand and then decide whether it is worth time and effort.
The point as some one else earlier mentioned is that Firefly is first and foremost a business enterprise. It follows the principals of marketing. I am no expert on that but as a consumer I know that they really don't care if players/consumers leave. There will be more ready to come and keep the money flowing. That is the basis of modern day economy. You cannot fool all the people all the time. But you can fool some of the people for some time. Luckily the world has a good production of fools.
Most online games have a time span after which they become boring, routine or there are changes which old players don't like. That is the natural history of any online game.
So whether you decide to stay and play or start a new game, good luck.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:13 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2