Player Numbers on World 5

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
JohnMatrix

Player Numbers on World 5

Post by JohnMatrix »

Has anyone noticed the decline in the number of players on world 5? It's nearly below 12000. Compared with world 7 which is near 28000. I've seen the population dip before on world 5 but never this low. I think it's due to many players giving up because they are bored. Does anyone else have any idea why it's happening? There are inactives everywhere!
Adawulf

Re: Player Numbers on World 5

Post by Adawulf »

How do you check the server numbers?
JohnMatrix

Post by JohnMatrix »

Well I just look at the last player in the ranking in any field. They are usually around 15000-20000 for world 5. But at the moment they are around 12000 and they have been decreasing steadily for weeks.
MechJosh0

Post by MechJosh0 »

JohnMatrix wrote:Well I just look at the last player in the ranking in any field. They are usually around 15000-20000 for world 5. But at the moment they are around 12000 and they have been decreasing steadily for weeks.
Not a very accurate way to checking if a world is active or not. Although it might give you an idea it's not very good.

The 15,000 in W5 might have 90% active members whereas W7 might only have 30% active members.

You've got to take into consideration that new worlds will have lots of new unactive account. I have a village in W7 but I don't build or do anything, I just go there to check it out. But on W3 I play all the time. Older worlds are likely to have more dedicated members (ie returning members), whereas a new world will have lots of new people but not so many of them returning. So W7 will look like there are loads of people playing it but it'll mostly be people making a village and not returning.

Only FireFly know the real numbers of active people and there is no way for us to know unless they wish to let us know.
Need help with timing your attacks? http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 93&t=27479
JohnMatrix

Post by JohnMatrix »

It's a reasonably accurate way of measuring how many players are registered on the world. Inactive players eventually disappear and if enough players become inactive then the overall population of the world shrinks. World 5 usually has a population of 15k - 20k active and inactive. When world six started the population of world five reduced but not nearly as much as it has now. I just wondered if lots of people are giving up because they are bored of world 5? or just of the game in general? I guess everything has a lifespan.
Adawulf

Post by Adawulf »

I think it's because there are too many worlds now. The more they add the worse this will get and it sounds like they are planning on adding even more with all the 2nd age stuff. Personally I don't care because I'm staying on W5 until shuts down.
klebam

Post by klebam »

I feel like world 7 is the most populated because newer players will always feel like they are at a disadvantage and they feel like they can minimize it on world 7. Whenever a new world opens I am sure that all the old worlds will take a dip and the new one will be overloaded. After a bit I am sure that the other worlds will pick up more members again but in the end each new world slowly kills the other ones.
skitty67

Post by skitty67 »

IIRC when I first joined world 5 the player numbers were above 100k I seem to remember it was 102k

Pretty sad, because one thing for sure its a far less active world now than before world 6&7 opened.

Come the second age I'm quitting, sorry but you changing so much just means game over for me firefly.

Don't get me wrong I love the game in its current form, but second age nah, not for me.
JohnMatrix

Post by JohnMatrix »

It might be because of the changes. I actually think the opposite is true. The current game has created a super power block so new lower ranked players have no reason to play, as there is no fun to be had unless they want to be farmers.
Ajr568

Post by Ajr568 »

Numbers of players on W5 have many things against it, the major ones being W6 and W7. Then you have the people that do join W5, see the big red thing that covers 3/4 of the map, and they leave the game.
The worlds do not die because of Firefly opening new worlds, the worlds die because the players on those worlds let them.

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”