The thirst for power...

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
JaxiTaxi

Re: The thirst for power...

Post by JaxiTaxi »

So if you're not a fighter, and you're not a strategist, and you're on Vacation mode while still talking about the game on the forums, then what purpose do you serve to YOUR faction, Adawulf?
Adawulf

Post by Adawulf »

That sounds like a good plan Rexile. I would like to see something like that happen also. And I agree that it would be nearly impossible to set something like that up. At least we didn't wait until the very last minute to do something, and at least H9 is trying. What H9 is doing is a good start, and maybe they will inspire others to fight.

A common enemy brings people together. And H1 is the enemy of everyone on W5, at least they should be. I think it's possible that by fighting this great enemy together many old rivalries could be put aside and many houses could come together. We still have months before the next age starts. Who knows what might happen before then?
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

Rexile wrote: House 8 is trying to be neutral still, which won't last forever.
no, we aren't trying... we are neutral. We have disconnected ourselves from problems outside of our own house. We have no ponies in the race persay.
JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi »

Adawulf wrote:A common enemy brings people together. And H1 is the enemy of everyone on W5, at least they should be. I think it's possible that by fighting this great enemy together many old rivalries could be put aside and many houses could come together. We still have months before the next age starts. Who knows what might happen before then?
Start with yourself Adawulf. FIGHT us, not just ask others to fight us. You've never done a raze, you do not attack, and you're on vacation mode. Words will not tear my castles down.
Millzy

Post by Millzy »

House 9 is fighting to prevent this world from going into the second age which is nothing but a fast pass to the end of the world and if we have to go down fighting we will, it's as simple as that, I don't need a strategist who knows nothing about our house to tell us what we should do and what is going to happen.

This war is incredibly fun already and if we lose I can happily quit this game after the being involved in the funnest war on this world so far (in my opinion), despite being enemies with house 1 I have made a lot of friends in there due to the fact I do not go along with the typical 'ma hows is betta dan ur hows n0ob' I treat people how they treat me.

If we win then I will remain on this world until the second age engulfs world 5 and by then I believe my time here will be over

I sense a lot of tension in this thread and players getting annoyed with eachother, We are in the middle of a war, this is what the game is based around, conquest, politics, diplomacy and if you can't have fun without having to speak to people like garbage, then honestly... why play?

Anyways this has been Millzy, Go f*ck yourself San Diego
Donkixot

Post by Donkixot »

Players have to make one of 2 choices either:
1) fight H1 and be wiped out now.
2) join the H1 and be wiped out later by the second age

Both choices are equally unpleasant and I made mine.
JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi »

Millzy wrote:House 9 is fighting to prevent this world from going into the second age which is nothing but a fast pass to the end of the world and if we have to go down fighting we will, it's as simple as that, I don't need a strategist who knows nothing about our house to tell us what we should do and what is going to happen.
This seems to be a common misconception spread primarily by H9. So please let me clarify:

House 1 has not committed to pushing into the second age, nor has it committed to postponing the first age.

We are taking polls in our factions, discussing the decision with neutral/allied factions, monitoring World 1, and debating about it amongst our leadership. Considering the second age is still a long way off, we have no reason to hastily rush into a decision, which - if you believe what Millzy writes about their intentions - is what Krogith would want us to do. We would rather take the patient and mature route of understanding what the popular opinion on the second age is, before making a brash decision that we could end up regretting.

I for one am glad that House 1 is making this decision, and not House 9, since House 9 is operating on assumptions made about the second age before it even had time to demonstrate itself within other worlds.

That all said, I am glad to be at war again. I wish they had declared on us before attacking, especially after we honored our alliance even while they were attacking our sister House, but sadly that was not in the cards.
Adawulf

Post by Adawulf »

The good news is, we are starting a discussion about this. We need more discussions like this. What this comes down to is the future of our server. If you care about that, then you should care about this discussion. As for the folks like jaxi and the other guy who are taking it super personally, I just don't get you types and never have. Chill pill?

What happened here was some smart accountant guy at SHK team noticed that they make more money when new servers open, and old servers tend to produce less cash. So they came up with the brilliant idea of speeding up the life and death of worlds in order to make more money. I don't want to participate in that for the same reason that I don't pick up my phone for solicitors. I enjoy the game, but I don't enjoy being milked as a cash cow. I'll fight H1 to delay the 2nd age as long as I can and so should everyone else IMO.
Last edited by Adawulf on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adawulf

Post by Adawulf »

"That all said, I am glad to be at war again. I wish they had declared on us before attacking, especially after we honored our alliance even while they were attacking our sister House, but sadly that was not in the cards."

Jaxi obviously you are in the dark about what actually started the war between H9 & H1, or maybe you are in the know but don't want to say it here on a public forum. What actually happened was...

We were in the process of finishing off Wrath & Retribution when H1 suddenly began recruiting them. These new H1 members such as AussieDozer, Tigershark, SirHamish, Biggerman and others were in some cases still attacking us, and monking us even after flying the H1 flag. H1 recruiting standards are very low these days and nearly all of the defeated WaR officers are now part of H1. Thus technically H1 broke the alliance and struck first.

What's even more interesting is a tip we received from an H1 player who told us that H1 was planning to attack H9 in 5 days. I still have the email if you are interested in seeing it sometime. Catch me when I'm online (which isn't often these days) and I'd be happy to send it. It was that tip, combined with the attacks from former WaR members wearing the H1 flag that actually started the war. Of course the 2nd age issue merely adds fuel to it, but it was not the initial spark.
JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi »

Adawulf wrote:"That all said, I am glad to be at war again. I wish they had declared on us before attacking, especially after we honored our alliance even while they were attacking our sister House, but sadly that was not in the cards."

Jaxi obviously you are in the dark about what actually started the war between H9 & H1, or maybe you are in the know but don't want to say it here on a public forum. What actually happened was...

We were in the process of finishing off Wrath & Retribution when H1 suddenly began recruiting them. These new H1 members such as AussieDozer, Tigershark, SirHamish, Biggerman and others were in some cases still attacking us, and monking us even after flying the H1 flag. H1 recruiting standards are very low these days and nearly all of the defeated WaR officers are now part of H1. Thus technically H1 broke the alliance and struck first.

What's even more interesting is a tip we received from an H1 player who told us that H1 was planning to attack H9 in 5 days. I still have the email if you are interested in seeing it sometime. Catch me when I'm online (which isn't often these days) and I'd be happy to send it. It was that tip, combined with the attacks from former WaR members wearing the H1 flag that actually started the war. Of course the 2nd age issue merely adds fuel to it, but it was not the initial spark.
Aw but clearly it is you who is not in the know.

Your House recruited Lord Shock, KezinDazel, Mikea, and Lyanna long before we recruited any of the H3 members. Furthermore, Lyanna was still attacking and monking us, and when we approached Krogith about it he simply did not care whether we attacked her or not. Thinking this mentality would go both ways, we recruited H3 members. Apparently it did not.

H1 had no such plan. I know this because I'm in their leadership thread. We were actually committing to H15 after Krogith failed to make good on his promise to fight them should we join the war against H19. We joined against H19, but Krogith failed to join against H15.

One more interesting point to take notice of is that your House consistently asked Voninski, our liaison with H9, to make sure H1 declared on them before attacking. That if we were going to go to war with you, that we at least have the courtesy to declare war on you first.

Again, we thought this mentality would go both ways. Millzy proved us wrong with that one.

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”