id like to discuss certain research, and questions i have.

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Endless7

id like to discuss certain research, and questions i have.

Post by Endless7 »

So i have a few questions about certain research im not sure about, good strategies for and general usage advice would be great, in as much detail as you would like to provide, thanks.

the first one is
Vaults-increases the time taken to pillage your villages
Im guessing that means you have more time to kill the attacking army? but doesnt that mean they also have more time to pillage?
Is this worth researching? i take it to include gold as well as all other resources so that must be some benefit.

the second is
Pillaging-increases the amount of resources that can be pillaged
This is kind of the reverse angle, kind of the same questions as well, and is it worth researching, i plan on being more militaristic but i cant see the benefits of stealing when it costs to make troops and i can make pretty much everything myself, other than being really annoying to my enemies.

the third and final is
Ransacking-increase the number of building that can be ransacked
I take it to mean building that are destroyed, is it worth it? i can see the benefit of destroying building and having to make the enemy build them again so id say so, any thoughts?

thank you all in advance.
JaxiTaxi

Re: id like to discuss certain research, and questions i hav

Post by JaxiTaxi »

Sending you mail in game.
PiemasterUK

Post by PiemasterUK »

Endless7 wrote:So i have a few questions about certain research im not sure about, good strategies for and general usage advice would be great, in as much detail as you would like to provide, thanks.

the first one is
Im guessing that means you have more time to kill the attacking army? but doesnt that mean they also have more time to pillage?
Is this worth researching? i take it to include gold as well as all other resources so that must be some benefit.
You are correct and for this reason some people see Vaults as an 'anti skill' that hurts you more than helps. It is useful to prevent pillaging attacks (both from the AI and other players), but many people choose to essentially ignore pillaging attacks as they don't really do you much harm in the long run.
the second is
This is kind of the reverse angle, kind of the same questions as well, and is it worth researching, i plan on being more militaristic but i cant see the benefits of stealing when it costs to make troops and i can make pretty much everything myself, other than being really annoying to my enemies.
Again you're correct, although pillaging inactive opponents can give you a lot of goods relative to the honour cost.
the third and final is
I take it to mean building that are destroyed, is it worth it? i can see the benefit of destroying building and having to make the enemy build them again so id say so, any thoughts?.
Ransacking attacks can be devastating to high level opponents, and are very hard to defend against, so for this reason the skill is useful if you plan on doing high-level PvP.
Deedy

Post by Deedy »

Endless7 wrote:So i have a few questions about certain research im not sure about, good strategies for and general usage advice would be great, in as much detail as you would like to provide, thanks.

the first one is

the second is

the third and final is
I take it to mean building that are destroyed, is it worth it? i can see the benefit of destroying building and having to make the enemy build them again so id say so, any thoughts?

thank you all in advance.

Vaults - Worth it
Pillage - Worth it
Ransack - Worth it

Pillage - Let me play out some scenarios. H1 member forgets to ID. You've got a vassal packed with troops.
SEND IT AT THEM SON! Watch as you get abusive mails because you stole 90% of their weapons, stockpile, food, banquet goods and ale.

Ransacking is good for players who just won't leave. You want to get rid of them, the best way is to raze them or ransack their village to a dot.

Vaults are good because normally with a decently defended castle you get more time to take out the enemy forces before they leave with your junk.
Endless7

Post by Endless7 »

thank you everyone for your input, im starting to see your points.
WilliamTurner

Post by WilliamTurner »

vaults are a double edged sword. Yes it will take longer for your enemies to get any goods out of you; but, pillaging attacks are usually used as a precursor to a capture or raze attack and used to soften you up, clear archers, punch holes in walls so you end up giving them more time to hammer away at you before the attack ends. So each successive attack becomes more devastating to you and leaves you more vulnerable.
Awesome players do make mistakes... They just learn from them.
Baldwin Bernd

Post by Baldwin Bernd »

Vaults are awesome. You can feel safe for your goods when you have those maxed. However you should not be bothered with it until you get to duke-prince.
Pillaging - good to have, many players' economics depends on how much they steal. You may want to get it to 50% or max it out asap, but when you encounter someone with vaults be ready to lose your army lol. Sometimes used as a way to get a report on unscoutable castle, low percentage pillage(1-5%) that is.
Ransacking - pure fun. No economical benefit but if someone upset you ransack 20-30 his buildings and it will hurt. You need 4-8 points in there to make it worthwhile. You destroy random number of buildings up to the amount you have researched. The more developed village is the more buildings you will most likely destroy with ransack attack. Grinding peanuts will give you 1-2 buildings per ransack which is just not worth it. Royal flash here is cathedral and siege workshop in one attack :D
Strength through unity
Unity through faith
Highlander89

Post by Highlander89 »

Ransack - nice skill. I use it instead of pillage when breaking for a raze army. Can be frustrating when someone loses a Cathedral or Siege worker at a fully built village.

Pillage - Don't care for it much maybe later.

Vaults - I'm still low level, my stockpile is just enough to build Cathedrals so it would be senseless to research this atm. hmmm... but I'm pretty sure h10 is getting * of me now so might be the right time to start looking this way. :lol:

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”