It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:05 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 A new War 

Post Re: A new War
Of course! I'm serious too, not being funny. If I was to go and attack someone just for fun and then tell my faction and House members "btw I did this just for fun, sorry if you lose villages as a result" people would quit the House. I founded House 19 and follow certain morals and try to set an example. There are people there that are only with House 19 because of how we treat others and the policies I helped create. I would be betraying them and the House if I was to do what the UN and Myrmidons did. So IF for SOME reason I wanted to war someone and had to get them to react so I had "evidence" that they were the "aggressor" I would have to lie to my people. Good thing I'm not like that. Sorry to say- your faction/House are.

Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:59 pm

Oh House 8, how I love you and your peaceful ways... with that said, let's break out the popcorn! Woohoo!! Oh! We should totally start a betting pool!

Edit: secretpanfish does bring a good point in his message though. H19 has been forbidding flag raiding in Devon and it has been quite nice. While I feel we could now stand on our own for the most part, I would rather not worry about it a while longer. What is H1 going to offer the residents of Devon if they are to take over? Not saying I back anyone, but I am curious.

Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:10 pm

secretpanfish wrote:
Spoiler! :
House 1 had an alliance with House 19 and then decided to break it because it best suits their interests for personal gain and world conquest. If you are not their slave you are their enemy. Did they break the alliance honorably? No... they had a faction raze and monk for several hours before finally declaring war.

H1 was truly great friends with H19 and there was no obvious tensions for the last month. :lol:

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:16 am

The last month? :shock: I heard you were wanting to go at it for the last few WEEKS.

- proud troll
- well renowned annoying bugger
- Jack of all trades
- Master of neutrality
- Amateur farmer
- Terrible Supplier

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:06 am

I don't know anything about the big picture, but I do know that House 1 has been recruiting factions into house 17 and bringing them down to Devon for the last month to take control of parishes.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't see this as a very friendly action. The only explanation is that house 17 is completely under house 1 control and they were preparing for a take over.

That said, It should be considered a hostile act any time a house begins possessing parishes within another houses county without invitation.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:25 am

I'm very excited to see that you think we to be so devious Daren, but sadly it isn't so. I'd like to take credit for H17's involvement, but truth be told we had nothing to do with them. We've always just let the squirrels do their own thing, and in turn they have stayed out of our way. In my time as sheriff of Clwyd I've YET to so much as talk to a H17 player, let alone conspire with them.

The fact is that Deen and his House are their entity, we're no puppet masters.

People seem to have this desire to paint us with a machiavellian mask. As if we have this grand design to twist the world from every angle, poisoning the minds of the players to bring about a utopia under our House's dominion. I fear I must shatter this childish notion by reminding everyone that this is a game. We don't trivialize it by trying to fabricate stories of mischief; as if to convince ourselves that our cause is just and our crusade it to stomp out the bastions of evil. We have no need to employ such methods. We play a PvP GAME, and in this GAME we take joy in war. Whatever machinations you perceive are irrelevent. We want to fight. Take that as you will, but I don't need to waste time finding excuses of why my enemy is a * in order to desire to raze him. I see sword. I drop sword. Repeat.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:00 am

Like I said I have no idea what the big picture is. I just know what I've seen and heard in Devon. Two Myrmidon princes (h1) came down to Devon 3 weeks ago. They specifically brought several of the faction Stark England Local (a neutral faction) and began taking over parishes. Three days ago a member of Stark England Local told me that they were told by Myrmidon to join house 17.

This all happened before the war. Just because you didn't know about it doesn't mean it wasn't happening. You make two separate claims the first is that none of this is true and the second voiding claim that none of it matters to you, because it is just a game. You're defense you attempted to provide proves that your image does matter to you.

I find your assertion that sharing what I've seen is a childish act to be in poor taste. It appears you have something to defend here and you're unwilling to admit that a single member of your house may have developed machinations that they executed prior to the declaration of war. By the way if telling people what I've seen is trivializing then trying to refute it is even more so.

How do you like them apples?

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:58 pm

One of the princes in question was in H4, but left after differences, and moved to Southwest England prior to joining the Myrmidons. The other did so out of boredom when the zone opened. I do know what happens within the Myrmidons being the former interim General, and we do not scheme. As Tomi says, "Kill kill kill, apologize after."

Correlation does not imply causation. Proving that a House 1 member directed a player to join House 17 does not demonstrate that their House is in our pocket, or even that we intended to upset House 19/14 lands. I've directed players into House 8 with no other intentions other than helping that player find a House that best fits them. I would imagine this is the same scenario.

What is childish is providing anecdotal statements/assumed circumstances and concluding that there must be mischief a foot! Look at the map. We don't need theatricality and deception to win a war. We sit in our Vent, poke fun at Morgilicus, and destroy anything and everything that comes in our path. As I stated before, we're no puppet masters. We're just a bunch of a players that enjoy smashing things.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:31 pm

Mmmm.. I like new color :)

House 6
Grand Duchy of Lithuania

World 5

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:01 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next