A new War

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
DarrenTB

Re: A new War

Post by DarrenTB »

I don't know anything about the big picture, but I do know that House 1 has been recruiting factions into house 17 and bringing them down to Devon for the last month to take control of parishes.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I didn't see this as a very friendly action. The only explanation is that house 17 is completely under house 1 control and they were preparing for a take over.

That said, It should be considered a hostile act any time a house begins possessing parishes within another houses county without invitation.
JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi »

I'm very excited to see that you think we to be so devious Daren, but sadly it isn't so. I'd like to take credit for H17's involvement, but truth be told we had nothing to do with them. We've always just let the squirrels do their own thing, and in turn they have stayed out of our way. In my time as sheriff of Clwyd I've YET to so much as talk to a H17 player, let alone conspire with them.

The fact is that Deen and his House are their entity, we're no puppet masters.

People seem to have this desire to paint us with a machiavellian mask. As if we have this grand design to twist the world from every angle, poisoning the minds of the players to bring about a utopia under our House's dominion. I fear I must shatter this childish notion by reminding everyone that this is a game. We don't trivialize it by trying to fabricate stories of mischief; as if to convince ourselves that our cause is just and our crusade it to stomp out the bastions of evil. We have no need to employ such methods. We play a PvP GAME, and in this GAME we take joy in war. Whatever machinations you perceive are irrelevent. We want to fight. Take that as you will, but I don't need to waste time finding excuses of why my enemy is a * in order to desire to raze him. I see sword. I drop sword. Repeat.
DarrenTB

Post by DarrenTB »

Like I said I have no idea what the big picture is. I just know what I've seen and heard in Devon. Two Myrmidon princes (h1) came down to Devon 3 weeks ago. They specifically brought several of the faction Stark England Local (a neutral faction) and began taking over parishes. Three days ago a member of Stark England Local told me that they were told by Myrmidon to join house 17.

This all happened before the war. Just because you didn't know about it doesn't mean it wasn't happening. You make two separate claims the first is that none of this is true and the second voiding claim that none of it matters to you, because it is just a game. You're defense you attempted to provide proves that your image does matter to you.

I find your assertion that sharing what I've seen is a childish act to be in poor taste. It appears you have something to defend here and you're unwilling to admit that a single member of your house may have developed machinations that they executed prior to the declaration of war. By the way if telling people what I've seen is trivializing then trying to refute it is even more so.

How do you like them apples?
JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi »

One of the princes in question was in H4, but left after differences, and moved to Southwest England prior to joining the Myrmidons. The other did so out of boredom when the zone opened. I do know what happens within the Myrmidons being the former interim General, and we do not scheme. As Tomi says, "Kill kill kill, apologize after."

Correlation does not imply causation. Proving that a House 1 member directed a player to join House 17 does not demonstrate that their House is in our pocket, or even that we intended to upset House 19/14 lands. I've directed players into House 8 with no other intentions other than helping that player find a House that best fits them. I would imagine this is the same scenario.

What is childish is providing anecdotal statements/assumed circumstances and concluding that there must be mischief a foot! Look at the map. We don't need theatricality and deception to win a war. We sit in our Vent, poke fun at Morgilicus, and destroy anything and everything that comes in our path. As I stated before, we're no puppet masters. We're just a bunch of a players that enjoy smashing things.
Xx Strikes

Post by Xx Strikes »

apofis

Post by apofis »

Mmmm.. I like new color :)
Grand Duchy of Lithuania - Mighty Baltic Force
Push us and we will crush you.

House 6
Grand Duchy of Lithuania

World 5
Rif1e

Post by Rif1e »

Awesome view :D
Layton

Post by Layton »

I just love how H17 is now issuing threats and ultimatums for our neutral parish to join them in the same email that whines and cries about H19's oppressive ways. So is that how it's going to be? At least under H19 we weren't bullied into joining some fly by night house that's in the middle of a freaking war that's none of our doing or business. We were promised by eigob loc, the new sheriff of Devon that as a neutral parish we were safe. Sightblack of The Black Templars can take his threats and shove them as far as I'm concerned. How about you offer my parish leader something worth while instead of some hollow threat? You catch more flys with honey.

Edit: Eigob is thus far proving to be a good sheriff. He has upheld his decree for safety of neutrals in Devon, and I find that commendable. Sightblack's methods however, I still find deplorable. Does deen ever get on the forums..? I would love to hear from him.
DarrenTB

Post by DarrenTB »

I really have no problem with people attacking or enjoying attacking. I just saw this thread. I saw what both sides were claiming and what house 1 was claiming was contrary to everything I've seen. That was my point. I keep saying I don't know what the big picture looks like. I only know what happens in Devon. I think it is all in great fun. I was complaining myself that the houses were completely at peace. It is primarily a conquest game after all, but that doesn't mean you get to be the nice house and the conquering house all at the same time. :p
Sir.ShipwreckXIII

Post by Sir.ShipwreckXIII »

"History will be king to me for I will be the one writing it."
-Winston Churchhill

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”