Issues getting into world 5

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Cgd442

Re: Issues getting into world 5

Post by Cgd442 »

No one understands how it works for firefly , in order to run the game they must be run on servers , lots of companys offer their servers for lease to cover costs and helps pay the expense , it seems Amazon has done so for Firefly studios , so therefore , Amazon have control over the actual server operations , in one of their data centers.

As for back up plan, well that would probly cost way more than the revenue generated or income from Stronghold kingdoms , so for all the ones who play it for free and are complaining , think yourself lucky theres players paying enough to keep the game going as it is.

Running a server 24/7 costs alot of money. more than you can imagine.

So if you want a back up plan then buy crowns regularly ^^.
RobertScott

Post by RobertScott »

You joined today to share that pearl of wisdom with us, cgd ?

FF ought to have back up capacity on top of their back up capacity for a game like this, and since I spend money I am qualified to speak on the matter.

Thanks for waving your red and green pom poms for FF. You look cute in that cheerleader skirt.
crazed09

Post by crazed09 »

W5 is back online now for anyone who doesn't know.
Rich810

Post by Rich810 »

:D Yay - I am also in
Merepatra

Post by Merepatra »

Amazon has reported:
Dec 25, 12:02 PM PST The Elastic Load Balancing Service is operating normally. We have confirmed all load balancers are functioning correctly, and API latencies and error rates for ELB related APIs have returned to normal.

All game worlds should once again be available. Along with Amazon we extend our apologies to all players who were effected by this temporary outage.
Spartikus

Post by Spartikus »

out of curiosity... do we get compinsated for the game token that xpired during our lack of game time it was an error that occured on only w5 im out training time and castle defences are rebuilding now but ai attacked 2 times and a rat pillages my resources while i was away not being able to play... are you the developers going to make this right or are we the players just stuck with the extra cost of repairs and the day of down time?
RobertScott

Post by RobertScott »

And this morning, the series of "remote exceptions ! " Can't log in after multiple tries ! Is this Amazon as well ? Perhaps the young lady who buttered your bagel this morning ? The folks who installed the carpet at FF's offices ? Tell me, who can we kick down the stairs for this.
Layton

Post by Layton »

I'm getting the same error :(

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”