Issues getting into world 5

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Merepatra

Re: Issues getting into world 5

Post by Merepatra »

Prince Balian wrote:Compared to other games this game has a very low downtime. However, when there servers go down you should at least provide an ESTIMATED DOWNTIME.
If we could fix it ourselves or were given an estimated downtime by Amazon we would, but we simply don't know.

As mentioned above, Netflix is also having issues, caused by the same Amazon problem.
http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/24/netfli ... s-outages/
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension »

Merepatra wrote:As mentioned above, Netflix is also having issues, caused by the same Amazon problem.
http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/24/netfli ... s-outages/
You took that off the facebook page, stop wasting time copy/pasting what other people have said and get this sorted out.
Lord Demasius

Post by Lord Demasius »

It matters not where he took it off of, it's absolutely true. Our XBox 360 was having difficulties using Netflix, in such a way that is like Stronghold Kingdoms. I more so then believe them on this one, as I have witnessed it myself. The irony is a bit too thick to be coincidence, so it is firm evidence enough for me.

Besides if all of that wasn't there, you're playing the blame game as much as him. Do not point fingers, when you do not know who did it, Mr. Detective. They are doing the best that they can, but since this is more of another company's problem they can only communicate and hope they fix it. You act as if they're purposely doing this. It's very obvious they aren't, and I will tell you as they would to be /patient/. Besides, it's Christmas, be a bit more gentle on this holiday, will you? It's dedicated to cheer, not to yelling at a company that can't do a whole lot to a problem due to another company.

I realize it's a bit random for them to be in this, but I can connect Netflix to them, and the same for Stronghold Kingdoms. They went out at the same times, connected to the same person, sounds logical to me. Until firm evidence is shown other wise, there's no reason to believe in anything else. And no, I'm not just some FireFly fan boy. I actually for awhile thought it was just an excuse too, till I did some looking up before the Netflix problem link.

Again, even if this was their side, it's Christmas. Give. Them. A. Break. You won't die, really.

But for the reason I was here for, can you tell us more about the connections and how they work Merepatra? If you can't really tell us everything, just tell us anything. I already believe you, but I would still like to know more about the situation, and how Amazon is connected in such a way it can shut down an entire world or two.
Doom Grinder

Post by Doom Grinder »

David, the problem for some is time zones and availability to get on. Lets say in 2 hours they get it fixed. There are some who are/were IDed before this and will likely see it gone by the time they get back on. Which for some could be 10+ hours after its fixed and because they couldn't put more ID on their villages in a war could find their villages gone.

I for one should be mostly fine, only risk one's are to AI's. But I'm sure there are many who are in a bloody fight and only holding on through IDing their villages.
Sooth Awful

Post by Sooth Awful »

Check all the addicts. Go enjoy Christmas, watch a good movie.

"Hay un cierto placer en la locura, que solo el loco conoce."

Rich810

Post by Rich810 »

:evil: OK - I have now lost 6 hours of building defenses on my castle. Are the developlers going to give me a large tower for each of my 4 villages?
camiraya

Post by camiraya »

same for me.....waiting for news
Voninski

Post by Voninski »

Poor Firefly. Seriously though, an hour before the servers went down I IDed myself for 48 hours. Now that ID has been pointless for 12 hours.

BUt remember what they say: You better not pout, you better not cry, firefly will bring the servers up when you sleep and all your villages will die. They know how to fix it, they know when you sleep, they just dont give a *beep*...

Firefly <3

Also, I received an email from Amazon this morning. Their response to this issue seems to be that Kindle accessories are 40% off.
AFluffyNinjax

Post by AFluffyNinjax »

secretpanfish wrote:I was under attack when this happened (not timed) which means all the ones after the first did full damage. I'm also probably out of ID by now and will probably log in with 6 less villages.... awesome.
*H9/Ross-shire likes this*.
Voninski wrote:Also, I received an email from Amazon this morning. Their response to this issue seems to be that Kindle accessories are 40% off.
The downtime has clearly proven worth it! Gonna get me a kindle bag!
Voninski

Post by Voninski »

No one has been online for 12 hours or so; therefore, everyone is inactive. All flags are up for grabs and all villages free to cap!

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”