World 5 News

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
skitty67

Re: World 5 News

Post by skitty67 »

Yeah my thoughts are that h15 is going to join with h19.
_johnnyboy

Post by _johnnyboy »

Sorry, please excuse my ignorance but:

What is ID?

And, as far as all this house/faction business goes:

- What's the benefits of joining a house/faction?
- How do you know which one you want to join?
- I assume if you do join one, any enemies of that group become your enemies? i.e. you're more likely to be attacked? But I guess also more likely to be helped?
JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi »

_johnnyboy wrote:Sorry, please excuse my ignorance but:

What is ID?

- I assume if you do join one, any enemies of that group become your enemies? i.e. you're more likely to be attacked? But I guess also more likely to be helped?
ID stands for interdiction. It's a monk ability that costs an increasing amount of faith points (based on your rank) that prevents all attacks against your village for 4 hours per monk. Stackable.

1) Well, if you're interested in conquest, despite how powerful a player may be, no one can conquer the world alone. Being in a faction/house with a common goal allows you to spread and fight as a team. Single rebels may be destructive in a localized area, but they ultimately always fail. Joining a faction/house will allow social interaction as well.
2) Do you like to fight? Do you like to farm? How much do you play? And most importantly, who do you like to play with?
3) Yeah. Your General can set swords (mark as an enemy) on other factions, but your Marshall can set swords to an entire house. They can also set allied faction and houses.
_johnnyboy

Post by _johnnyboy »

JaxiTaxi wrote:
_johnnyboy wrote:Sorry, please excuse my ignorance but:

What is ID?

ID stands for interdiction. It's a monk ability that costs an increasing amount of faith points (based on your rank) that prevents all attacks against your village for 4 hours per monk. Stackable.

1) Well, if you're interested in conquest, despite how powerful a player may be, no one can conquer the world alone. Being in a faction/house with a common goal allows you to spread and fight as a team. Single rebels may be destructive in a localized area, but they ultimately always fail. Joining a faction/house will allow social interaction as well.
2) Do you like to fight? Do you like to farm? How much do you play? And most importantly, who do you like to play with?
3) Yeah. Your General can set swords (mark as an enemy) on other factions, but your Marshall can set swords to an entire house. They can also set allied faction and houses.
Thanks JT.

1) Is that the main benefit? Conquest? I've read about peaceful Houses - what's their point?
2) I've only started playing in the last 2 weeks. I'm actually pretty addicted so I've been playing religiously but so far, just on my own. I haven't fought anyone, and currently don't really have any desire too, I'm still happy building up my village/castle/rank
JaxiTaxi

Post by JaxiTaxi »

_johnnyboy wrote: Thanks JT.

1) Is that the main benefit? Conquest? I've read about peaceful Houses - what's their point?
2) I've only started playing in the last 2 weeks. I'm actually pretty addicted so I've been playing religiously but so far, just on my own. I haven't fought anyone, and currently don't really have any desire too, I'm still happy building up my village/castle/rank
I should have qualified; that's the main benefit for me. Some people just like the social interaction of building in a House. Like a peaceful nation. Be warned, border disputes happen quite a bit in this game, so even if you're in a peaceful House, you or your house might anger another that is not quite so peaceful. Personally, if I was ever in a suspended time of peace, I'd probably quit. Fighting is simply addicting.

You're free to ask questions if you need help. There are some helpful and knowledgeable players out there. I'll offer what help I can, but another to ask is player named Davidspy.

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”