It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:06 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 World 5 News 

Post Re: World 5 News
DavidSpy wrote:
JaxiTaxi wrote:
I'd much rather be crushed under the weight of my enemies rather than wave the flag of neutrality.

I guess you never heard the expression "He who fights and runs away, may live to fight another day".

Prov. It may be cowardly to run away from a fight, but running away gives you a better chance of surviving.

Yeah ik, it's just a game, right?

The Low King wrote:
An expert at that arn't you David :p (joke)

In a way, yes. It seems some ppl take this game far to seriously and compare their playing to real-life principles.

For example: Say house 1(red) conquered your home county, you, instead of admitting defeat, go on some pointless one man crusade and justify it by saying "better dead then red". I'm using "you" in a generic sense here.

You see, in rl that might make sense, ppl will die before they compromise their principles but this is just a game. I believe more ppl need to realize that.

ImageImage

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:20 am
Profile WWW

DavidSpy wrote:

In a way, yes. It seems some ppl take this game far to seriously and compare their playing to real-life principles.

For example: Say house 1(red) conquered your home county, you, instead of admitting defeat, go on some pointless one man crusade and justify it by saying "better dead then red". I'm using "you" in a generic sense here.

You see, in rl that might make sense, ppl will die before they compromise their principles but this is just a game. I believe more ppl need to realize that.

Thats fair enough.

However, some people like to role play, to actually take on a certain attitude when they play. I do it occasionally and i have know people to go all the way and join games just to play as a certain 'character'. Its a way some people enjoy themselves in these games and there is nothing wrong with it.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 am

Nothing wrong with that but.....wouldn't they enjoy RPGs more so? There are plenty of MMO-RPG, like WoW.

ImageImage

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:01 am
Profile WWW

DavidSpy wrote:
Nothing wrong with that but.....wouldn't they enjoy RPGs more so? There are plenty of MMO-RPG, like WoW.

I assume they like playing strategy games rather than RPGs. Out if interetst, have you never played a game like Rome total war in character?

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 am

BETTER DEAD THAN RED

Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:20 pm

better red then dead :D and button <3

Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Sometimes, fighting wars that don't involve you directly aren't wars you need to be in... I've fought wars in the north. Scotland has essentially been a war zone for 246 days lmao. I burned thru faith, lost villages, took villages, been there done that.... back when villages didn't cost 9 million honor.

H3 is doing exactly what i said.... slowly crumbling.
Leaving its former members to pick a desolate corner of the map, to relocate and rebuild.... I'd assume most of them will be in Caithness lmfao.... far away from h19, h1, and h4.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:34 am

The Low King wrote:
DavidSpy wrote:

I assume they like playing strategy games rather than RPGs. Out if interetst, have you never played a game like Rome total war in character?

um, no. Frankly I was never very good at playing pretend, even as a child. :|

ImageImage

Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:44 am
Profile WWW

House 19 just hides in interdict every day in Scotland. I bet it has been over a month for a bunch of them and they still in ID. How sad this game has become when players like that abuse the monk system. There needs to be a cap on how many days someone can sit in ID. Than a cool down time before they can go back in ID.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:22 pm

CREED. wrote:
House 19 just hides in interdict every day in Scotland. I bet it has been over a month for a bunch of them and they still in ID. How sad this game has become when players like that abuse the monk system. There needs to be a cap on how many days someone can sit in ID. Than a cool down time before they can go back in ID.

Thats pretty much how every war ive ever seen works....

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:35 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next