It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:36 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Good new update 

Post Re: Good new update
Yeah thats true, it's not very efficient to just have buildings create nothing but pikemen

Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:39 am

they do different things. ultimately you want to position your pikes so they are the meatshields while your swords surround and drop the enemies without taking dmg.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:45 am

I've seen a lot of people saying swordsmen are better in some situations, but does anyone have side-by-side comparisons for proof? For example, in pmpdru's comparison video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2d0bBKIk6w&list=UUZRCc92AX7mDSOC6KsbY62w&index=16&feature=plcp) pikemen make it to the keep and destroy the castle, but swordsmen all die and the attack fails.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:09 pm

swords are not meant to be used by themselves. thats like saying ok 500 rogues go attack and raze this castle. they do a lot of damage, but they arent going to make it far cuz they dont have the hp to absorb damage. you shouldnt be trying to decide which unit is individually better than the other, rather find out what combination of the 2 works best.

my aim in attacking has always been to get the pikes to initially take the damage while the swords come up from the back and start pounding away damage free.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:39 am

But if the pikes are blocking the way, what are the swords hitting? Wouldn't it be better to just add more archers instead?

I'm not trying to take sides here since I've been planning to research swords soon myself, but after seeing pmpdru's video, I'm left wondering if adding swords will ever be better than just going with pikes and archers. I'd really like to see someone come up with video evidence proving swords are worth the investment.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:57 pm

Swords are great for those "back door" attacks, there is a video somewhere that shows how a Baron could use nothing but swords to raze a full fledged castle. Though for those wolf lairs use pikes, since swordsmen crumple too easily.

Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:29 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2