Cheating accusations

This World 5 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Merepatra

Cheating accusations

Post by Merepatra »

Anybody who believes a player is cheating and can give a reasonable reason why they believe this (they are beating me so they must be cheating doesn't cut it) should put in a ticket to https://support.strongholdkingdoms.com and it will be investigated.

Posts naming players as cheating on the forums will be deleted.
countjimula

Re: Cheating accusations

Post by countjimula »

Merepatra wrote: Posts naming players as cheating on the forums will be deleted.
I like this policy, although I hope people understand the reasoning behind it, because it can easily be distorted.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
MechJosh0

Post by MechJosh0 »

countjimula wrote:
Merepatra wrote:I hope people understand the reasoning behind it
Only FireFly can know for 100% if someone is cheating and therefore only they should be told about it if someone believes there is a cheater. It's not very nice to be called a cheater and have people believe it even though you're not one - there a lot of people which only read one side of the story and will believe it.

But the main reason, for business aspect, is they don't want it to be published that there are people cheating. If people find out someone is cheating they will want to know how and then look into doing it themselves. Also they don't want you to know how many people are cheating. If how many people and how people are cheating are kept hushed then no one knows that it exists.
Need help with timing your attacks? http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 93&t=27479
FlashBoredom

Post by FlashBoredom »

This is going to sound like a dumb noob question, but how can you cheat?

Why would you want to also..
MechJosh0

Post by MechJosh0 »

FlashBoredom wrote:This is going to sound like a dumb noob question, but how can you cheat?

Why would you want to also..
You can cheat at any game to an extent, some games you can cheat to where it's basically you never actually play the game or some games to where you and a friend 'boost' each other. As to how you can cheat on Stronghold Kingdoms, well as it's a point and click game, people can programme software to detect certain colours/objects on the screen and the mouse will click it - advance from there to make the software click resource stash and scout.

Why would you want to cheat? Seems like an obvious question. Wouldn't you rather get paid from your employee and not show up but instead go to the pub? Cheating lets you do this. Get rich on the game while you're not playing - this is not just about Stronghold Kingdoms but about every game.

The question you should be asking is "is the risk of cheating worth it?", if you enjoy the game then no. Why risk getting banned if you like playing the game? The only games I think people should cheat on are the games where developers let you cheat - 'Grand Theft Auto' for example and 1Player games.
Need help with timing your attacks? http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 93&t=27479
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

The problem I find, is that when reporting "cheaters" you are never informed of the decision....
I mean jesus, this is a midevil game cheaters who are found guilty should be sent to death by way of lynch mob!

I think cheaters should be marked as cheaters, allowed to log into the game, and ONLY watch as their towns are ripped apart, taken, pillaged, ransacked.... that'd be epic.
selectee

Post by selectee »

i would hope there is a system to detect cheaters and i really hope they do not depend on us to point out cheaters. This game may be free for some but i pay money and will be extremely * if someone gains an advantage because of an exploit or macro or anything else. Other mmo's have an entire staff to detect cheaters and i hope SHK has the same.
My point is we should not have to point out cheaters, they should be found by SHK staff. This may be "beta" but if there are many ways to cheat that is a deal breaker.
I hope this is not a serious problem, until i know it is ok i will be laying back on buying cards or tokens, i thank you. :cry:
Merepatra

Post by Merepatra »

selectee wrote:i would hope there is a system to detect cheaters and i really hope they do not depend on us to point out cheaters.
There is, and we don't.

Return to “World 5 Lounge (Closed)”