Royal Tower Theorycraft

This World 4 forum has been closed following the world closure.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Royal Tower Theorycraft

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

First theory

At the start of an age the server randomly generates 150-10(x) Royal Towers where X is the number of glory rounds completed.

The Royal Towers come in a variety of configurations from stupid easy to hard with multiple siege towers.

Once captured, the Royal Tower is rebuilt to the configuration generated at the start of that Glory Round.

Once captured, previous scouting information/battle results are voided. You have to scout the Royal Tower again.

----

Early assessment is that capturing the Royal Towers is not the issue due to the amount of gold/weapons/villages players have to send attacks. The issue will be coordinating attacks to capture them all simultaneously and press the "End World" button before someone else captures any of the Royal Towers. I can see a case where house X sends 10 timed attacks at each Royal Tower spaces a few seconds apart in order to make sure they have all the towers at one time. And all it will take is 1 other player to sneak on capture in to ruin the whole process.

One configuration was as low as 2 pikemen and 22 archers. Another configuration has resisted my scouts 0/8 twice.
Lord Alacrity

Re: Royal Tower Theorycraft

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Some good theories there! :)
Xolotl

Post by Xolotl »

Not sure if this was a pre-theory to the reveal, or a post guess, but Royal Towers sound like Gyms on Pokemon GO.

Xolotl
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

Xolotl wrote:Not sure if this was a pre-theory to the reveal, or a post guess, but Royal Towers sound like Gyms on Pokemon GO.

Xolotl

Sounds like gym stealing will be a serious problem then :P
Macon3

Post by Macon3 »

anybody got scout reports on these royal towers? i didn't join the w4 server, so i have no idea what the royal tower castle(s) look like. maybe davidspy will make a vid.
kor-wani

Post by kor-wani »

Here's my suggestion: rush the towers on week one. Rofl.
President Snow

Post by President Snow »

Well it wasnt too bad, we did it in the first week! ;)
Bglizard

Post by Bglizard »

Macon3 wrote:anybody got scout reports on these royal towers? i didn't join the w4 server, so i have no idea what the royal tower castle(s) look like. maybe davidspy will make a vid.

They were more or less wolf castles rip offs, some you could get 7/8 scout report off, others were 0/8 scout report. Had a lot of similarities to regular wolf castles except they had more bombards usually. I didn't get enough time to scout many or test the whole mechanic that much, darn you h17 :P now we gotta wait for some other house to hit age 7 to actually be able to enjoy these mechanics
Midila

Post by Midila »

Some of the Royal Towers were surprisingly easy. Wood structures with minimal troops. One even had no structures at all, just archers on the ground and random fire pots.

There seemed to be at least 4 or 5 different 0/8 scout report Royal Towers. One had 792 archers on the towers. Another had 592 archers. Most of the 0/8 towers had lots of moats and fire pots. One Royal Tower had 8 bombards and 19 or 20 ballistas.

The only criteria for attacking them was there had to be a captain in the attack. So you could only attack from your villages using your own troops. No parish or capitol attacks against them allowed. No liege lord troop attacks allowed. You could cancel your attack at any time right up until it hit the Royal Tower. So once a tower is taken you would want to cancel any other attacks headed to it.

As soon as a royal tower is captured it reverts back to its un-attacked configuration. It didn't change to a different castle or anything like that. On the main map screen a banner behind the Royal Tower shows the house that owns it. Players can't do anything with the Royal Towers they capture. Can't station troops, move troops around, ID or anything like that.

As far as I could tell there was no in game benefit from taking and holding a Royal Tower. No glory, no honor. The only reason to take Royal Towers would be to take all of them and control the destiny of your world.

We took all the towers in the first 4 days of Age 7 so we never got into reduced number of towers. We were on pace for 6 day glory rounds after the first couple of days settled in. So after a month the number of Royal Towers would have been reduced to 100.

Never figured out how they determine what house finishes 2nd, 3rd, etc. Number of stars? Total Glory through all Glory rounds? Or just Glory in the final round? We finished it before the first Glory round ended so would have to be Glory up to that time I would imagine for World 4.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

My suggestion in the future:

When a Royal Tower owned by House x is captured by House y

A Battle Report is triggered for everyone in House x that that specific Royal Tower has been captured.

Return to “World 4 Lounge (Closed)”