Best Parish Layout for Age IV

This World 4 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Carazco

Best Parish Layout for Age IV

Post by Carazco »

Hello,
I've found the best parish layout for Age IV. Most of the credit goes to ReiAtur, I just modified it to fit more. This Layout concentrates on military buildings and castle structures.

THE LAYOUT
Spoiler! :
This layout includes:
1 Architect's Guild

1 Sergeants at Arms Office

1 Military School/Town Hall/Church (Whatever you want from these three, but I don't recommend town hall)
ImageImageImage

20 Barracks (500 troops)

1 Ballista Maker

1 Siege Engineer's Guild

1 Castellan's House

1 Archery Range

1 Pikeman's Drill Yard

2 Production Guilds/1 Tunnellor's Guild + Turret Maker/1 Guild + Tunnellor's Guild/1 Guild + Turret Maker
ImageImage or ImageImage
17 Supply Depot + 1 Stable/18 Supply Depot (There is only 17 Supply Depot and no stable in the image but the other one will fit next to the Woodcutter's Guild)
ImageImage

??? Statues
rsnelgrove

Re: Best Parish Layout for Age IV

Post by rsnelgrove »

The "Best" parish layout is very subjective, although this is a good parish layout, I wouldn't say it is possible to label any one layout as the best.
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

Well I don't see the use of a town hall nor do I know anyone else who uses one on their parishes in age 4 I am afraid. Not so on provinces or county I guess but there isn't as many types of buildings that can be built in those.

My way of building the parishes as I'm a gigantic donator is, 0 speed building I don't use my parishes to attack people only the AI.
Between 400 troop to 500 troops max depending on what other buildings were already in parish when I got there.

Next is I try to have a wood and iron guild max lvl which is 18 giving me a gigantic bonus in wood and iron production for my weapons.

I also put in an ALE guild, no food guilds unless they were already there. (tip ale guild lvl 16 each one you put exactly beside your INN will give you for max population possible a X1 bonus so you need a maximum of fore producer beside your in to run at X4 ale at anytime)

Then most important in order to me after this Catapult guild, bow guild, Armor guild, Pike guild and if you donate to upgrade ballista turret tunnels, a sword guild. If you don't not much use to have that last one nearly no one uses swordsmen anymore.

Of course another key building is the church that should be in every parishes.

After that there is a choice personally I like having all of these Tunnel, turrets, ballista and even military school can be interesting if you can find a way to fit it.

Now lets say you kill AI with your own troops and don't collect taxes much you could remove even more barracks and the drill pikeyard even the catapult maker (so if parish is ever stolen, it can't be used much against you to destroy you) to fit other things, (always keep the archery range) but guilds I don't believe in having in parishes are any banqueting guilds.

I do believe if it ever becomes a possibility again to be able to delete guilds and keep the bonuses than we should get every single one of them done, and maybe that way more people would donate.
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

I have deleted the military academies from my parishes. Bombards are ineffective.

However if you build the military academy first, build the bombards and delete the military academy, the bombards remain in your villages.

Still, I have yet to see any benefit while defending.

- Deke
Lord Darko900

Post by Lord Darko900 »

TotnumUncommon wrote:Hi DEKE -

I didn't start the thread i just returned to the game a few months ago and picked World-4 and noticed lots of parish's have been intentionally destroyed by people from other servers, from what i have been recently told....
actually those parishes destroyed by other server people are only few parishes in Oxfordshire any other parish outside of oxfordshire was destroyed by W4 players themselve
Yoooooooooo
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

one thing to note.

you do NOT, need a castellians house beyond age 1 when a parish is effectively "done" flag raiding. so much wasted space out there collectively with this unneeded building.

nor do you need a stable master.

what are you worried about in age4...that they will steal your flags?=p rofl, no flag sinks inc in age 5 either so get ready for 300+ flag parishes unless firefly gets its head out of it keyster.

these buildings do virtually nothing to stop gold raids, certainly not by any competent player. even then if by some miracle the first hit fails, the second hit wont if they know what they are doing=p

you do want a church, also, lets not be newbie. bombards are highly effective when paired with moat, but its a ton of trouble bothering with them in 1 village held parishes, unless, you are going to upgrade them through pillaging.

this layout is an efficient use of space, very much so. but to any new players reading this, don't take its multiple mistakes as shk gospel.
HappyHour224

Post by HappyHour224 »

agree with unknown for the most part

bombards are pretty effective, but they are difficult to level so unless you have 3+ village in that parish they may not be worth the effort

that said, i have found that when castles are filled with 3 bombards, 15 ballista, and 15 turrents, along with multiple smelters and 400+ moat, the castle turns into a very soft target.

luckily there is not a right answer for these kinds of things, otherwise itd standardize the game even more than it is and make it boring
DekeYoungAtlanta

Post by DekeYoungAtlanta »

Happy,

Please forward me a battle report that shows bombards as effective. In my battle reports, the bombards target irrelevant troops and I do not see them inflicting significant casualties.

My experience is that Ballista and Turrets are effective and Bombards a waste of parish footprint.

Deke = DekeYoungAtlanta
Unknownhost

Post by Unknownhost »

deke, do some testing

bombards target captain first. thats pretty relevant in my book!

otherwise they do suck.. unless! unless...you pair them with deep moat. then they shine by annihilating troops trying to dig through that moat.

as far a them killing troops. not what they are actually for. their damage is seemingly based upon a troops life bar. a full hp troop gets reduced by about half or more. but the second, or even third hit, generally doesn't kill the troop. but a pile of troops, pikemen especially, being reduced by half life from even 1 hit dies to alot less arrows than they would have eaten.

Return to “World 4 Lounge (Closed)”