It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:15 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Best Parish Layout for Age IV 

Post Re: Best Parish Layout for Age IV
agree with unknown for the most part

bombards are pretty effective, but they are difficult to level so unless you have 3+ village in that parish they may not be worth the effort

that said, i have found that when castles are filled with 3 bombards, 15 ballista, and 15 turrents, along with multiple smelters and 400+ moat, the castle turns into a very soft target.

luckily there is not a right answer for these kinds of things, otherwise itd standardize the game even more than it is and make it boring

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:28 pm

Happy,

Please forward me a battle report that shows bombards as effective. In my battle reports, the bombards target irrelevant troops and I do not see them inflicting significant casualties.

My experience is that Ballista and Turrets are effective and Bombards a waste of parish footprint.

Deke = DekeYoungAtlanta

Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:49 pm

deke, do some testing

bombards target captain first. thats pretty relevant in my book!

otherwise they do suck.. unless! unless...you pair them with deep moat. then they shine by annihilating troops trying to dig through that moat.

as far a them killing troops. not what they are actually for. their damage is seemingly based upon a troops life bar. a full hp troop gets reduced by about half or more. but the second, or even third hit, generally doesn't kill the troop. but a pile of troops, pikemen especially, being reduced by half life from even 1 hit dies to alot less arrows than they would have eaten.

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:47 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2