It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:13 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Vacation Mode 

Post Vacation Mode
It has been a long time since vacation mode was introduced. When are we going to get a new 'vacation allowance'?
3 weeks was not long enough in my opinion, unless it is to be re-issued every 6 months.
Perhaps another idea that could be considered is the ability to buy vacation time in exchange for crowns. ( :o I bet that idea goes down well with Firefly).
Either way can someone look into it?
It would be interesting to have some player thoughts.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Post Re: Vacation Mode
i have never used VM myself....
however, i do think 3 weeks vacation mode is plenty as is. if it where to be increased the danger of it being exploited would be much bigger than it already is.
IMHO

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:36 pm

I agree that in most cases 3 weeks is going to be enough but if you have to travel around with your work it is not always possible to keep playing. An Android app would be another solution.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:43 pm

nasinby@gmail.com wrote:
3 weeks was not long enough in my opinion, unless it is to be re-issued every 6 months.

There is a maximum of 30 days per year you may spend in vacation mode. So it's actually a little over 4 weeks, not 3.

nasinby@gmail.com wrote:
It has been a long time since vacation mode was introduced. When are we going to get a new 'vacation allowance'?

Maybe if vacation mode was introduced 100 years ago it may need some adjustments but considering it hasn't been live for even a year yet I see no reason to tweak the current system which appears plenty balanced.

nasinby@gmail.com wrote:
Perhaps another idea that could be considered is the ability to buy vacation time in exchange for crowns. ( :o I bet that idea goes down well with Firefly).

If there was ever a proposed suggestion that pandered solely to carders, this is it. Such an option would fundamentally break the game.

Lt.Columbo wrote:
i have never used VM myself....
however, i do think 3 weeks vacation mode is plenty as is. if it where to be increased the danger of it being exploited would be much bigger than it already is.
IMHO

It's 30 days (or a little over 4 weeks if you prefer) of VM every 12 months.

nasinby@gmail.com wrote:
I agree that in most cases 3 weeks is going to be enough but if you have to travel around with your work it is not always possible to keep playing.

This is the intended use for Interdiction; protect your castles while you are sleeping, at work, or otherwise unable to play for a short period of time.

ImageImage

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:19 am
Profile WWW

Quote:
There is a maximum of 30 days per year you may spend in vacation mode. So it's actually a little over 4 weeks, not 3.

Well I have been playing well over a year and only had 15 days! I have never had 30 days. Are there different rules on different worlds?

Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:42 am

nasinby@gmail.com wrote:
Quote:

Well I have been playing well over a year and only had 15 days! I have never had 30 days. Are there different rules on different worlds?

At once u can apply only 15 days and in 1 year you are allowed to take 2 vocation modes. This makes a total of 30 days :)

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:33 am

nasinby, the rules are the same for all worlds.

This is a link to the wiki page about Vacation Mode: http://help.strongholdkingdoms.com/inde ... ation_Mode

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:10 pm

i found it quite funny that when VM mode was introduced, lots of people that were involved in wars on w6 had burned through both their vm uses in a matter of a month or so. people were abusing it as long term ID that would allow them to stock up on FP while the war was being fought around them. i think its showing pretty quick now that people realize they have 6 months or more before they could ever use the option again.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:36 pm

There are no plans to change Vacation Mode or add more time to it. Every player may use it twice per year to a maximum of 15 days each time.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:25 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]