Underpopulated Worlds

This World 4 forum has been closed following the world closure.
Zeekio1027

Underpopulated Worlds

Post by Zeekio1027 »

I've noticed that as some worlds come to a close for the first age many worlds are losing many players, and new players are almost nonexistent. Its doesn't seem like much is being done to populate those worlds. There is plenty of advertisement for new worlds opening up, but worlds that have been around for awhile they are slowly dying off. What plans has firefly made to prevent worlds from completely dying off?
Lawlmaker

Re: Underpopulated Worlds

Post by Lawlmaker »

New players shouldn't feel obligated to play old worlds when they don't stand a chance at fighting those with millions of FP stocked up. It might actually hurt FF if new players were directed towards said old world to only quit days later for obvious reasons.

Take a look in the feedback forum, this has been brought up countless times ;P

-ps world merge *cough*
W4/W6/EU1/EU2/USA1/HERETIC/GLOBAL1/CHINA1/GLOBAL5
pug of crydee

Post by pug of crydee »

they may want to rethink more factions per house as when 2nd age starts they all jump on the bandwagon like W4 that ended before it began, maybe more houses with less factions would work better
Klaire

Post by Klaire »

I think world 4 could have been interesting in age 2 if more people were up for a good fight. It was rumoured that h13 would split in age 2 and fight each other, but people were probably too distracted by other worlds, and decided to sit back and do nothing for an age. A very small proportion of h13 were fighting h12, the rest were doing nothing. So we had a bit of fun ;)
I am now hoping age 3 will be more exciting.
Haludza

Post by Haludza »

So far in age switches i find world 1 to be most exciting.
In age2 whole world united against super power h18. And in age 3 whole world united against the powerfull h17. And the world still has some fun.

It all depends on the players about how they want to play. They can sit back and make it useless world or they can fight like in world 1
“Anyone can do something when they want to do it. Really successful people do things when they don’t want to do it.”
dobbles81

Post by dobbles81 »

Lawlmaker wrote:New players shouldn't feel obligated to play old worlds when they don't stand a chance at fighting those with millions of FP stocked up. It might actually hurt FF if new players were directed towards said old world to only quit days later for obvious reasons.
I disagree 100%. New worlds are a new players worth nightmare. New worlds are a free for all frenzy of activity and can be very cu-throat. Additionally new worlds are dominated by carders.

In established worlds, a new player can come in under the radar and learn the game. Because old worlds are often underpopulated, most stewards are excited to see new players and eager to help them. Now certainly there are shortcomings to trying to jump into an old world and fight immediately, but for a new player learning the game, it is the best environment to grow.

I personally think the best scenario is a player play in an old world to start for a few months and then once they have learned the basics, to jump to a newly opened world for that 'even' start.
Big_Killers

Post by Big_Killers »

All this talk of W4 being boring and not very populated.....finding inactives is getting harder.......land in key regions and you have instant activity....etc. It could be good again.

The problem is that the larger factions have all merged into H13 so any opposition is quashed pretty quickly, usually by the poorer players. The last real good battle was when Sangreal took Northumberland....and that was a while ago.

All we need is a couple of factions to start an alternative and people will join. We just need someone with the cahones. Any takers?
Lawlmaker

Post by Lawlmaker »

Big_Killers wrote:All this talk of W4 being boring and not very populated.....finding inactives is getting harder.......land in key regions and you have instant activity....etc. It could be good again.

The problem is that the larger factions have all merged into H13 so any opposition is quashed pretty quickly, usually by the poorer players. The last real good battle was when Sangreal took Northumberland....and that was a while ago.

All we need is a couple of factions to start an alternative and people will join. We just need someone with the cahones. Any takers?
Factions will NOT join you if you take up arms, even pming every single player in all houses will get you nothing except 1-2 farmers that are looking to get reset.
We tried everything, believe me when I say everything. No one was willing to fight them except a few of us, but when the fighting came around we were already burned dry of FP and generally sick of fighting impossible odds.

I wish you luck mate but the fact is they're going to put weeks on excom on your kingdoms while you're sleeping.
W4/W6/EU1/EU2/USA1/HERETIC/GLOBAL1/CHINA1/GLOBAL5
Big_Killers

Post by Big_Killers »

You can't have tried everything. e.g. you didn't include me!

Join up my friend. It will only take a few.

If we build it they will come!!

Everyone is sick of H13, just too many people are afraid to lose things. We are not. Excomm me and take me out - I'll be back.
REMryan

Post by REMryan »

big killer and i are in the same faction we have a lot more people with us than you think or than what everyone else thinks and were about to be dominating everyone, you can be with us and help us out or (cause we have a much better chance this time), or you can be a lazy player and watch by the side lines.... i choose to stand up for my land, i have been playing this game for 2 years now and most of it was on world 4. i still remember how much fun it was on world 4 before house 13 came along, it was the best world in the game everyone was active the map WAS ACTUALLY COLORFUL, and all the counties helped all the players out that were in them..... Hmmmmmm house 13 house 13 house 13, what do they use the counties for? oh yeah to raze the people the people in them!!! not stop being a baby and stand for what you got in world for.

GOD man! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

and stop being cry babies :cry: :cry:

Return to “World 4 Lounge (Closed)”