Peasants

This World 3 forum has been closed following the world closure.
fundraiser

Peasants

Post by fundraiser »

It has been a very long time since I played this game. I am just starting out. I have built two hovels but I am not getting any new peasants to work. Please advise. Thanks
Wilksy

Re: Peasants

Post by Wilksy »

fundraiser wrote:It has been a very long time since I played this game. I am just starting out. I have built two hovels but I am not getting any new peasants to work. Please advise. Thanks
Place food buildings.
Place brewery and inns.
Max out honour by lowering taxes and increasing food/ale to x4 (top right)
Build honour buildings and the religious buildings
Clear your parish of disease, wolf lairs and bandit camps (and castles if you have a parish army and a lot of gold)
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
hylanda

Post by hylanda »

The rate at which you get peasants in a village is determined by its popularity.
So do the things that wilksy has suggested but also make sure that your castle is enclosed as this affects your popularity as well...
hylanda

Post by hylanda »

Given that this is an old world, your parish might be overrun with disease which you may have a bit of trouble getting rid of if you have just started out...
If you really want to stay on this world and need some help just post which parish or county that you are in - some kind soul might come along and clear it for you ;)
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

hylanda wrote:The rate at which you get peasants in a village is determined by its popularity.
So do the things that wilksy has suggested but also make sure that your castle is enclosed as this affects your popularity as well...
Oh yeah - forgot about the castle lol.
'If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a * fool about it.'

W. C. Fields
Wilksy

Post by Wilksy »

hylanda wrote:Given that this is an old world, your parish might be overrun with disease which you may have a bit of trouble getting rid of if you have just started out...
If you really want to stay on this world and need some help just post which parish or county that you are in - some kind soul might come along and clear it for you ;)
I doubt anyone in a busy world will read the parish and county 'walls'. Why don't you message an active player nearby and ask them to help. At the same time you could ask them to Liege Lord you for extra honour.

W. C. Fields

Return to “World 3 Lounge (Closed)”