It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:01 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 English Betrayal of Scotland - The Truth 

Post Re: English Betrayal of Scotland - The Truth
FlameWeaver wrote:
BTW mech, H17 is invading northern Sutherland! Total of 2 guys though.

I know, I didn't want to mention it here as I noticed the moment they got there so I didn't want to publish H17's movements so quickly ;)

One of them reset himself to get there, risky move. Not sure if it's worth it, but time will tell. But I do like the idea of going there to be fair, H17 could be hoping that since that county is so far back in Scotland they've never encounted war or isn't active enough for defence. Again though, that's a risky move to attack a county on a 'hope'.

I do hope England is able to do something soon.

H11 has been working on Suffolk at least twice a day, trying to monk themselves into Sheriff position. Norfolk is getting a lot of pressure also. But I think the English alliance need to work on invading Scotland as well as removing H2 from England, at the moment they're working on just defence which will never work.

------------
EDIT

H2 is now hitting Tyneside, they've already got 8 villages in there all under Ingen189. Great timed attacked and planning from H2; Very quick. I'm expecting to go to wake up in the morning with a new King in England, Sammiedog H17.

Though how long will that last? Sammiedog is holding his King votes with 2 parishes / 2 villages, although he'd be a great King (again) for England I don't think he's a safe bet as he's not secured his position safe enough. I hope he doesn't mind abandoning some villages to quickly secure his King state...

Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:59 pm

moving people up there is another bad choice of sniders. and making sammiedog king is very bad move. what kind of leaders does house 17 have????? they live from day to day don't they plan anything on forhand?

Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:13 am

Meandor87 wrote:
moving people up there is another bad choice of sniders. and making sammiedog king is very bad move. what kind of leaders does house 17 have????? they live from day to day don't they plan anything on forhand?

Well their hope could be that that county is full of farmers, England has counties which if were attacked it'd fall within days due to it having no fighters, as well as Ireland has them.

I've looked at the faction which controls Sutherland and out of the whole faction I know 2 of the players in that faction (I was previously H2), both of which joined the Irish war in a county AFTER it had been cleaned out; Giving me the impression they don't know how to war so that county could be mainly farmers.

Looks like H2 pushed 11 villages into Tyneside during the night, they didn't flip it though, shame. Maybe another night.

As for Sammiedog being King of England, he'd be a great King. He just needs to secure it a little better, maybe Snider will give Sammiedog Somerset Sheriff position when the time comes.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:57 am

MechJosh0 wrote:
Meandor87 wrote:

Well their hope could be that that county is full of farmers, England has counties which if were attacked it'd fall within days due to it having no fighters, as well as Ireland has them.

I've looked at the faction which controls Sutherland and out of the whole faction I know 2 of the players in that faction (I was previously H2), both of which joined the Irish war in a county AFTER it had been cleaned out; Giving me the impression they don't know how to war so that county could be mainly farmers.

Looks like H2 pushed 11 villages into Tyneside during the night, they didn't flip it though, shame. Maybe another night.

As for Sammiedog being King of England, he'd be a great King. He just needs to secure it a little better, maybe Snider will give Sammiedog Somerset Sheriff position when the time comes.

The people in Sutherland probably have the most FPs on this map, so good luck winning a monking war with them. All H17 have done so far is monk and soft cap each other.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Yeah, maxterdam will have a hard time monking against two counties while only having 4 villages, which also need to be perma ID'd.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:58 pm

sirluis2012 wrote:
Hello everyone.Sir Luis here [at the time the Hm of H11].I know many people can openly read a message and thread but what people do not often read is what events brought about the chain reaction to start people/factions/houses down a certain path and reading between the lines.That being said we now get back to the topic and focus of this thread.Had Things been done correctly England [at the time h12/h5/h9] would never have betrayed Scotland [at the time of this post was h2]if you can call it that.want to call it that care to call it that "Personal preference to whatever house and side you are on.Being the Light-bearer that I'm required to be at times as always I have already foretold of events that would come to past on world 3 and they are already starting a chain of event that will make this map look so differently by day 500.The real issue to this topic is why Scotland betrayed Scotland?They didn't support their allies in England.[prediction the Scottish h2 at the time will turn it back on Ireland [h2]now its soon closing on day 500 and Hannibal is at the gate if you will and Scotland doesn't support Scotland??Why make an alliance and betray each other?This is a game of war and men not a game of invertebrate faint-of-heart players.

This coming from a person who sent me a personal message to "get a life" and in the subject read "kill yourself".

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:07 am

y u mad tho?

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:42 am

Disclaimer: First of all, I'm not involved in diplomacy matters, nor have I been officially involved in any decision matters for H12 as a whole. These viewpoints are in consideration based on information that I know through my playing and analyzing the game mechanics as well as the relationships of teams and their viewpoints.

I find this entire thread somewhat amusing, mostly because Wrathy would take the time to screenshot every page of a thread that was sent in confidence. So however, Wrathy go the thread I guess is part of the game politics and ok in terms of gameplay.

If you play the game the way it is designed you have to ask yourself, how can I best get to the end of the game? The end of the game only being defined as being part of a house that will survive it all and be the last house standing. Each individual that plays the game needs to decide for themselves if they are going to stick with their faction, to the end. Stick with their house to the end. Or hop around and learn as much as possible to play to the end. Then there are still others who will just play the game so that they can satisfy their need to be opposed to certain players at all times. The end result is a lot of individual game play.

I personally don't give a rip about what deals have been made historically before I started playing the game. But I do care about the team that I brought to play this game and the friendships I created inside this game whether the individuals are on my team or not.

Now, each individual has their own version of the truth regarding deals and how they were made, and what was "supposed" to transpire. Here are the truths I have understood.

1) H2 and H12 were allied from the start, though I don't know if it was ever discussed that H2 and H12 would be the final two houses to battle each other in the end.
2) H13 was an algamation of other houses that fell after glory rounds eliminated the original houses. (H4/H5 etc). So at some point they were "born" by attrition of dead houses.
3) It is my understanding that H13 and H2 were both asked to at least mark swords on H18 even if they didn't have a beef with them to show their allegiance to H12 that we were in fact allied, Both houses denied the request.

Because of this 3rd point, H12 could make the argument as Big Hoss has pointed out that my allies are not really acting as an ally. I seem to remember that when H2 got its first gold start that was due the fact that the faction Dharma Initiative moved into H2 and helped them get the star and in exchange for that H2 would then also help H12 get their first star, which they did.

H18 claims that we started a war with a neutral house, but I have countless screenshots I could include demonstrating that H18 players had liege lords who were H17 players, and were located in areas that H12 was actively fighting in. H18 also had Leonidas758 (part of H11) running their county of Shropshire even though they had the clear advantage in that location to vote him out.

So when H12 decided that enough was enough and began looking at all the so called "allies", those that would only help when it was mutually beneficial to them it is clear in my eyes that H2 had no intention of taking H12 to the end. H13 was taking that seat due to overwhelming a__ kissing by Wrathy to H2.

To me it is clearly the best option for H12 was to unite with H11 and H17 and take up an action against allies that were not really fulfilling the role of a true ally.

Once again, these are my viewpoints on how events transpired and again the end goal that we should all be asking is how do we make it to the final winner spot?

SQL

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 pm

ThatSQLGuy wrote:
H18 claims that we started a war with a neutral house, but I have countless screenshots I could include demonstrating that H18 players had liege lords who were H17 players, and were located in areas that H12 was actively fighting in. H18 also had Leonidas758 (part of H11) running their county of Shropshire even though they had the clear advantage in that location to vote him out.

A neutral house (farmers) will likely never hold a county of their own, for the reason they are neutral.

H7 control almost all of Essex and yet H17 control that land. If H7 was to take control of Essex then H17 might put swords on them, or even H7 might get invaded by another house so they can take Essex. A neutral house stays neutral by not taking too much land, having too much land causes other houses to look at you and say "Hey! We want that land, let's go to war for it!".

With that said, H18 likely gave H11 that county in order to stay neutral with them. But all in all H12 had the right to attack H18.

ThatSQLGuy wrote:
So when H12 decided that enough was enough and began looking at all the so called "allies", those that would only help when it was mutually beneficial to them it is clear in my eyes that H2 had no intention of taking H12 to the end.

I agree, it was time for H12 to realize that they were being used as a meat shield with H2 ate the rest of the map up. However, I believe H2 was planning on taking H12 till the end, just so they had an easy house to fight against at the end. H13 is H2's sister house, they have no reason to take H13 till the end though they likely will try to now as they have no one else to take with them.

ThatSQLGuy wrote:
To me it is clearly the best option for H12 was to unite with H11 and H17 and take up an action against allies that were not really fulfilling the role of a true ally.

I'm not happy about it, but yes, it had to be done sooner or later.

H2's progress in England has come to a stop. I see no progress in any new counties from H2, which is a good sign. They're also losing small amounts of land in Ireland, not that it matters; They need to be hit at home to make any true impact. I'm wondering if H2 have any plans for Norfolk, Suffolk. If they don't do anything within a week they're going to lose it. And English houses still have yet to do any damage in Scotland. This war was very exciting at the very beginning, now it's boring :roll: Slow and steady war from now on in I guess.

Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:19 am

I found this thread very enjoyable to read.

cheers!

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:20 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next