It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:51 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Shared IP address 

Post Re: Shared IP address
DasWood wrote:
Something that can trigger the same IP problem is anyone using an IP pool, like dialup or if your ISP doesn't assign IP addresses to your modem's mac id.

I know first hand about that one. :)

ImageImage

Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:41 pm
Profile WWW

I was banned for 48 hours and my Neighbor blocked for Life , cause he was using my Wi-fI connection on Same IP just take note of that.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Lord Crown wrote:
I was banned for 48 hours and my Neighbor blocked for Life , cause he was using my Wi-fI connection on Same IP just take note of that.
Who was your neighbor?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:42 am

If your neighbor was sipping off your IP I would think that you would be the one getting banned for life while your neighbor just has to stop being so cheap and get his own ISP.

ImageImage

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:12 am
Profile WWW

His Name was Lord Makers, also I had premium tokens purchased he didn't I guess that is why he was the one blocked for Life I sent in a ticket with no response.. My son also comes over to Visit with his laptop, he also plays this game, I hope same thing doesn't happen to him. He does share my wifi when he is over here.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:43 pm

This concept of game makers perma-blocking a player for trying to play their game. What exactly are they trying to prove?
I realize the intent is to stop some form of cheating. Seeing I'm a software developer, I would like to challenge the software developers at Firefly to first ask yourself this question when deciding whether to perma ban/block a player for some action.

"What feature of my game that I created are users missing that is the foundation of why they are performing the action I consider worth banning"

If you really think people cheat in the game, it is more than likely your game is missing a well needed feature and they have found a work around that players call cheating. I really do not see the harm in having people that use laptops to play games and that are friends come over to someone else's house and play the game.
In today's world of so many mobile options for people it would be very common for players to be sharing the same IP address. In fact I would argue the online gaming would not be where it is today had it not been for the LAN based games of years past. Now that technique seems to be penalized all over the place.

SQL

Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:51 pm

you should not get a ban for sharing IP, Its allowed but with restrictions > http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/GameRules.html

Me and my brother share a house so same IP and the restrictions are a pain TBH but i can see why they do it to stop multi accounts. For us it does spoil the game a bit. We cant help each other out.

Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Rampy wrote:
you should not get a ban for sharing IP, Its allowed but with restrictions > http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/GameRules.html

Me and my brother share a house so same IP and the restrictions are a pain TBH but i can see why they do it to stop multi accounts. For us it does spoil the game a bit. We cant help each other out.

We have this same problem in my house.......... Multiple players all enjoying the game, the good times we have talking about SHK and playing SHK =)

Some people in game have said this is account is your alt or that account is your alt...... The funny thing is it was never anyone that was on the same IP address as me, just random players that they where accusing of being my alt, we try and stay out of each others business...... we all have our own game to play. But it did worry me greatly that one day a player could get someone on the some IP as me and that is Bretth's alt and puff ban ban ban.

There was a suggestion on a thread I read to message FireFly and tell them if you where in this situation..... So I did. I report myself and my family.

I would suggest that anyone that has ( and I am sure there is alot of families that play SHK ) this situation just take the time to message Firefly and just state that this account is mine and this account is so'en so's account that is this member of me family. Give FireFly some credit, they seem to target people that actually have alt accounts ( brag about it in game, use multiple account to attack the same target and such) which we all agree is a good thing.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:24 am

Rampy wrote:

Im exactly the same.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:34 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2