It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:41 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Unfair player 

Post Re: Unfair player
DavidSpy wrote:
admmat wrote:
The stewart works just for him. He put taxes to maximum and he don't fight wolf, AI castle or other.

That explains, I would probably do the same in your shoes. ;)

I control 3 parishes, a county and a province and I don't attack AI castles/camps or wolves.

I let lower ranks attack camps and wolves because they're good honour experience for lower ranks, however having to attack a Wolf AI castle every few days just costs too much. When you're in war you just cannot afford this. I use to take care of AI castles but not anymore not that I've noticed they just spawn a few days after you spend 100's of catapults and troops to destroy the last one, it's just not worth it. The parish and your troops have more important things to attack; in times of war, which is what this guy is under right now.

Although I don't attack AI castles etc... I do keep my parishes in top-notch shape. I've maxed out my 1 parish and I'm just building the last few barracks and supply depots now for the other 2. I do look after them in donations to max buildings, donations with troops, and flag/gold raiding. Does this guy do that, admmat?

Also I'd like to note; It's not the Stewards job to take care of these things. The Stewards jobs is to build the buildings and maintain the castle, did you (I'm speaking to everyone) know that YOU can also attack the AI castles?! People need to stop acting like everything is the Stewards job.

But no matter how he treats his parish it's still not right that he razed you straight away, very hostile. If someone took one of my parishes from me I'd be annoyed, but I'd email them and monk myself back in. I wouldn't raze them unless they became a pain and kept doing it.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:16 am

MechJosh0 wrote:
I wouldn't raze them unless they became a pain and kept doing it.

I am taking a wild guess on this, I think that is the missing part of the story, and as I said before an experienced steward should do the job instead of a newbie that has much to learn, also in times of war just letting a newbie take over your parish will result in a flag raid or gold raid for sure, house glory might also be the case, or keeping a steady sheriff-hood .

Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Cheedows wrote:
Rank would help as well, I don't want to waste honour on a Knight newbie

You could smash his castles up a bit with the parish army for free though.

ImageImage

Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:10 pm
Profile WWW

As a steward, I keep taxes moderately low, and attack AI castles, by donating my own troops rather than buying them. It makes it much quicker to defeat castles.

Also, one of my parishes is in a war zone, and although I have only been steward of it for a short while, I have used the parish army to defeat bandit camps and wolf lairs, while the parish improves so that it can accommodate good troops.

Parish armies are generally stronger than village armies, because it is more likely for the parish buildings to be upgraded and built compared to people fully improving all the relevant research, especially if you let lower ranked people to face the AI.

If I was in a parish, and the steward completely refused to attack an AI castle, even if there was to be another one respawn soon after, and yet have enough gold floating around to completely reimburse the parish army, then I wouldn't be too pleased, because he is really asking for people to take the gold.

Xolotl

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?

Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Good call, location?

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:56 am

It also depends a lot on the parish. Sometimes a guy takes over a parish and it is a complete mess. Example, a bunch of deleted buildings that weren't maxed out, useless statues everywhere, almost no barracks. High level pigs and wolf castles will still spawn regardless of the parish's ability to deal with them. If the parish army is smaller than 400 a lot of those high level pigs just arn't an option with the parish army.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 am

If I know I'm going to be loosing the parish in a month or so I generally let it go to hеll :mrgreen:

ImageImage

Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:10 am
Profile WWW

Any steward that is in a house that is at war should be replaced if they do any of:
Have a defensible capital castle and taxes less than 9%
Have an open capital castle and taxes more than 0%
Use the capital army against any AI target, ever.
Fail to frequently use the capital army against enemy players.

Since he is in a house at war it sounds like he's running the parish properly.
That said he's in an enemy house so I encourage you to continue voting to replace him so you can waste it attacking AIs :)

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:15 am

He kind of got razed out, I think he ran for the hills. Though it makes it convenient for us to smash up his castles since he is an enemy. I still need the guy's location.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:36 am

Cheedows, you have the name of the player in question, somewhere in the topic.

You can search for him, to find the parishes he owns, and where admmat resides, which are in Laois.

Xolotl

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:54 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next