What happens at the end of the glory game?

This World 3 forum has been closed following the world closure.
natemiddleman

What happens at the end of the glory game?

Post by natemiddleman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:06 am

Hello,

I'm new to the game but I think I have most of the basics figured out. I know how the glory race works but my question is what happens at the end. Does the world reset or does another glory game start. If the world doesn't reset, It seams like the game would be stacked in the favor for the winner of the last game.

PS: I can't wait for lvl 12 so I can get more than one village.

Edit: And by the way how long do AI castles stay around. I'm not powerful enough to destroy it and the negative popularity is really starting to annoy me.

Secretsquirrel73

Re: What happens at the end of the glory game?

Post by Secretsquirrel73 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 am

AI castles stay until destroyed, like bandits and wolves. If you cant destroy it yourself, message whoever controls the parish you are in, and he/she should destroy it or at least open it up with parish troops for anyone else to walk in and get free honor.

natemiddleman

Post by natemiddleman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:15 am

Thank you for the information, but what about the end of the glory game. Although I doubt I could get my parish to do anything about the AI castle. There are 175 archers and nothing else in it. And no one else is even able to stop the attacks from the siege camp or the AI castle but me(although since I'm a low level I don't get hit as hard). Are you sure they wont just move on like wolves camps do?

kyprian

Post by kyprian » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:52 am

Wolf camps don't move on. They just get destroyed.

The points and nothing else gets reset at the end of the glory round.

natemiddleman

Post by natemiddleman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:03 am

OK so castles stay until you destroy them. I'm not talking about the glory round I'm talking about the glory game. There are approximately 12 glory rounds in a glory game with about an average of 2 weeks per round(what I have observed so far may be more or less). What I want to know is what happens at the end of those ~24 weeks?

kyprian

Post by kyprian » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:22 am

Where do you get 12 rounds of 2 weeks from? World 1 is 2 years old and still in the 1st race.

natemiddleman

Post by natemiddleman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:02 am

Really?

According to the rules, the last two houses in every round are eliminated from the game until there are six houses left and a house can avoid elimination for every time they won a race. Then one house is eliminated per round. House 10 just won the second glory race a week ago and is almost half way to winning the next one(~450,000/1,000,000). 7 rounds eliminating 2 houses and 5 rounds eliminating 1 house. So i guess 12 rounds is the minimum number of rounds if one house wins every single race. Still there shouldn't be too many more rounds.

Am I missing something?

Secretsquirrel73

Post by Secretsquirrel73 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:44 am

I had to see if any additional information was posted on the wiki, but the wiki itself doesnt say a * thing almost. * it doesnt even mention WHAT HAPPENS at the end of it all. Lets say my house 10 is declared the winner of it all...what do they win? What happens? Does everyone get a few packs of cards? Does everyone go on about their day? It seems that its just...there. Dont worry about it since its probably just there for E-peen. Best not bother with it unless you are in one of the few top houses that would be able to pull it off. This thing sounds like Harry Potter's House Game. 10 points from H10(gryffindor, h2 can be hufflepuff).

natemiddleman

Post by natemiddleman » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:59 am

That is my point. The wiki says nothing about what happens at the end so I was wondering if anyone knows. My guess is that the world is reset and another game starts, but that is just a guess.

And It seems my estimate of two weeks per race was way off but I would still like to know what happens at the end.

Jeremiah

Post by Jeremiah » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:04 pm

They don't know, so they changed it to only 1 house removed or 1 star after each round to drag it out.

Return to “World 3 Lounge (Closed)”