Shield Designer

This World 3 forum has been closed following the world closure.
JTisTrue

Re: Shield Designer

Post by JTisTrue » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:32 am

Maybe, just maybe, the fact that you are having such problems is a CLUE that you should upgrade to firefox (which i happily use) or chrome (i have never used). How would you know if something is better no matter the context, if you willingly will not try new things?

Sir Emery

Post by Sir Emery » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:50 pm

Viscoubt Reeves no ad posting here to promote software this violates many copyright laws and will cause issues with firefly teams legal dept.
Respectfully,
Sir Emery

Only The Good Ones Live On As Legends - Sir Emery

Spoiler! :
This is SPARTA!!!!

Secretsquirrel73

Post by Secretsquirrel73 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:28 am

wait what, no its not any violation to give an opinion. dear god he wasnt ad promoting. he gave advice, an opinion. plus you arent in any way able to say something on FF's behalf. At least know your copyright laws...its not even infringing on any law to give advice unless you are in china, which you need permits to have demonstrations and or post certain things against their laws.
dont talk about copyright laws anymore.

Sir Emery

Post by Sir Emery » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:53 am

Secretsquirrel73 wrote:wait what, no its not any violation to give an opinion. dear god he wasnt ad promoting. he gave advice, an opinion. plus you arent in any way able to say something on FF's behalf. At least know your copyright laws...its not even infringing on any law to give advice unless you are in china, which you need permits to have demonstrations and or post certain things against their laws.
dont talk about copyright laws anymore.
Read his post it give a website address in the form of a hyperlink so yes it is a legal problem. Look up intellectual property laws and learn before posting i want to keep playing this game unlike you just going around random posting and causing the moderators grief of having to delete your rants. Just stop man! :mrgreen:
Respectfully,
Sir Emery

Only The Good Ones Live On As Legends - Sir Emery

Spoiler! :
This is SPARTA!!!!

diremage

Post by diremage » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:31 am

Advertising typically means 'paid advertising'. Unless w3schools paid him to post that link, it's an opinion. On the other hand, sniping his honest opinion with the promise of legal troubles is something very like what microsoft might pay a forum-goer to do. So the real question is, how much are you getting paid to squelch anti-microsoft sentiment?

Back to the topic on hand, I'm a web developer. I avoid IE like the plague and habitually use chrome, as it's the fastest of the popular browsers. I used to use firefox a lot, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It would not surprise me in the least if the FF web devs were in a similar situation, and if the reason their tool doesn't work in IE is because they'd sooner put their eyes out than put up with IE's quirks.

pmpdru

Post by pmpdru » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:02 am

W3schools is a well known website for teaching web standards and most companies use(or should use) W3 standards when building webpages, I do not see it as a violation considering the context.

As for your complaint about the shield; I have personally tested it in 6 different web browsers which includes the IE version standard with vista and Windows 7 and while it does not allow me to edit the shield originally for obvious IE issues, I am able to install chrome frame(seen below) and successfully update my shield. Please install chrome frame.

Figure 1.1

If after you have installed chrome frame and are still experiencing issues please contact support at http://support.strongholdkingdoms.com
Spoiler! :
God did not create man, Man created god.

DavidSpy

Post by DavidSpy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Due to my slow connection I use multiple browsers to boost the limit on the cache when it fills. My top pick is Firefox, Chrome is constantly snooping which infringes on your privacy, if you work on sensitive information or just don't want Google knowing what you are up to on the web I would keep my distance with chrome. IE flat out sucks, especially its dl manager....cause it doesn't have one. :roll: But like I posted before I use it to boost my cache so.....
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

Lord Dv8

Post by Lord Dv8 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:45 am

Softy wrote:@secretsquirrel
I like IE, thats why I use it. Even if I did not it makes no difference to my point, it should still have been catered for properly as the biggest around - "sooner or later" does not come into it, everyone has to support something used by millions. If FF knew that 64-bit IE would not work then we should have been told, if they didn't know - why not?

Also since installing the google addon to the 32-bit IE I still cannot post in these forums using it. It asks for my username/password and accepts them, and then asks for them again. So for shield designer I have to use 32 bit, for forums 64 bit. That is not good programming or design.

It is not about what your browser preference is, it is about professionals not doing their job well.
no... noooooooo, its just them not catering to the worst internet browser available.
IE is hands down the biggest poo eater eva!

Xolotl

Post by Xolotl » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:09 am

For some reason, both have their merits.

One of the online games I play is massively too laggy in chrome, probably because of its flash player rules, so I play it in IE8

But for everything else I use chrome, since it has better text and is faster for everything else.

Xolotl
Ex-General in H5 - W2
Ex-Marshall of H14 - W3

You know, every "good" MMO has an engaging and active ingame chat. SHK doesn't. Does that tell you something?

Return to “World 3 Lounge (Closed)”