no Paladins castles for quests

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
rsnelgrove

Re: no Paladins castles for quests

Post by rsnelgrove »

Gone without a trace.

We had problems with this on world 5 when that patch first came out. Paladins would disappear without a notification and people would blame their neighbors for it and it sparked a few small conflicts.
Manaduar

Post by Manaduar »

We had problems with this on world 5 when that patch first came out. Paladins would disappear without a notification and people would blame their neighbors for it and it sparked a few small conflicts.
from a god's eye view, I imagine that was fun to watch.
Time frame between AI castle spawns (providing the previous castle was removed promptly) is approximately one week but it has been known to vary drastically, some parishes don't see more than one AI castle every month.
I was actually wondering about world wide. It seems to me that if paladins had a 1% chance of spawning anytime there was a new AI castle, then with all the rat/pig/snake/wolf castles being killed for quests right now we'd see more of them popping up. So is there some limit to how many can be on the map or how often a paladin castle can spawn anywhere on the map?
rsnelgrove

Post by rsnelgrove »

I don't believe there is a "worldwide" spawn rate for AI. Each parish has a length of time before it spawns another AI in it, and once this time is reached a castle is spawned. The "1%" spawn rate most likely refers to the chance of a paladins castle spawning in that parish at that exact moment.
JunoonMonty

Post by JunoonMonty »

DavidSpy wrote:To your first question; the former. Time frame between AI castle spawns (providing the previous castle was removed promptly) is approximately one week but it has been known to vary drastically, some parishes don't see more than one AI castle every month.

Ok i dont want to call you a liar but that is a lie,! every time ive destroyed ais or my parish steward they reappear within 2 days!! no ai for a month ahahahah!! what a joke!!
Amber_Rose

Post by Amber_Rose »

It's true! I have parishes that almost never get an AI, and some that get them regularly no matter how quickly I take them out. I wrote to FF about this once and they told me that each parish generates them at a different rate. So if you have a parish that doesn't spawn them, cherish it. :P
Wizard

Post by Wizard »

the 1% chance of paladin castles to spawn has been taken up because of the quest in july patch as far as I remember.

The spawn rate imo can be tricked. I came to realize with having been steward a very long time that AI castles can only spawn at specific locations in parish they are call nodes in game same applies to new player or players respawning after being reset. They will never appear on a spot where there was a charter with their first villages.

Now for the AI castle they share the same locations with wolf den and bandits. So you can lower their spawn rate by not removing these from your parish or you can do the opposite keep killing wolf den and bandits so a castle will appear in parish. There cant be 2 AI castles in a parish so if your stuck with a treasure castles this strategy would be pointless same as if there already was a castle.

So using this in a parish were an ai castle like said earlier by davidspy shows once a month, if you never remove bandit and wolf den you might get an even longer reprieve or you can remove them and get a castle a week.

Careful there is a few parishes that cannot get ai castles at all.
JunoonMonty

Post by JunoonMonty »

Amber_Rose wrote:It's true! I have parishes that almost never get an AI, and some that get them regularly no matter how quickly I take them out. I wrote to FF about this once and they told me that each parish generates them at a different rate. So if you have a parish that doesn't spawn them, cherish it. :P

where the * do you live?? i gotta pack my bags and move there! i get more ai attacks than from enemies in the height of a war!

Return to “World 2 Lounge”