Rogue Players

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
De_Dutch101

Re: Rogue Players

Post by De_Dutch101 »

I blame Amber ;)
Amber_Rose

Post by Amber_Rose »

De_Dutch101 wrote:I blame Amber ;)
Reminds me of a cartoon a friend has in his office. It says, "We like the way you handle responsibility, Feenster, so we're going to blame some stuff on you."

:P
Fatal

Post by Fatal »

The reason this topic is created is: amber is noobish farmer that wants to farm 24/7
The reason people use guerilla tactics is: when 700+ players house is on you and price to ID yourself is x2 higher (since age 2) you cannot possible hold your villages for long
The reason this tactic works is: because you losers leave empty castles in your villages and parishes and allow enemy to raid, pillage and capture you

Compare yourself to a jumper
You have: 20+ villages, parishes, vassals, gold/fps etc...
He has: nothing, except the fact you do not expect him near you and fighting experience
You still think it is NOT FAIR ? Oh, come on, you just a whinny loser
Left you 7.05.2014

Unbreakable feral spirit
m_abid

Post by m_abid »

1) If a charter is taken by a village under excom, the excom should accompany the captain and apply to the new village also.
2) A new village charter should not be allowed to send monks during it's 3-day peacetime. The owner should have to break peacetime to send them.
3) If a player is reset three times in one week, they should not be allowed to spawn again for ten days.
4) A faction should not be allowed to vote against another faction in a house until they have been in that house for a minimum of three days.
5) A player should not be allowed to become steward of a parish until he has been a member of that parish for 48 hours.
6) The honor gained by defending an attack should be increased. If a player successfully defends a raze that cost the attacker 300k honor to launch, why shouldn't the defender get an equivalent amount of honor for defending it?
Well, points are good one but i have serious objections on point 1,2 and 5. These points good for rogue players but matter of fact is not everybody plays like rogue players.

What if somebody away from faction / house members and is excom during war while he is offline ?

What if you move into enemy area by taking their villas ? If you are not allowed to take over stewardship, the villages are of no use as a single online enemy member will send excom ...

If you implement point 1 and 2 players can be knocked out for no reasons, all you have to do is to excom their villages while they are offline ...

Point 3, 4 and 6 are good ones.
Bretth

Post by Bretth »

Fatal wrote:The reason this topic is created is: amber is noobish farmer that wants to farm 24/7
Oh, come on, you just a whinny loser
Amber has never had '20+ villages'............ and never been a farmer or a noob for that matter. She has been a respected player on W2 for nearly 3 years.

The problem with rogue players is there is no way to fight them, they just keep bouncing around the map doing damage. Is this a war? No. Its just a FEW people that are sick/board of this game taking it out on everyone else, do not pretend they have any cause or reason behind there actions. All they are doing is making people who otherwise enjoy the game quit.

PS. Fatal your picture under your name says it all, you may not like SHK anymore but that does not mean others also do not. Why destroy something for others you once enjoyed just because you no longer enjoy it? Kind of sad.........
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

I do not remember this being an issue at all in world one during the first age. Looking back if we had one there was really nothing that player could do once that player was know as a Rogue Player.

Rogue players as well as the houses had a reputation to keep up if they wanted to survive in this game. Now it seems that reputations do not matter for both sides. The Rogue feels there is no chance to go grow and need a reputation, and the one house in power really has no penalty for not having a good reputation.

Most of these one house ruled words are a rogue players dream come true. Nobody is looking at the map, castles are terrible, inactive all over the place, most players have no idea how to attack at all, and there is tons of money in the capitals if you can get them.

When practically every world except for USA1 is basically ruled by one group this is what happens. Lets cure the disease instead of the symptoms.

It would not surprise me at all if many of these rogue players are leaders from other worlds that are just bored of playing in their world.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
m_abid

Post by m_abid »

Rules Suggestion:

I like the idea of banning players getting reset three times a week but it is understandable that FF can't forbid players from entering the game, instead slight rule modification i suggest for players (whether rogue, partially active members etc) getting reset three times a week for any reasons.
  • * Players getting reset three times a week
    - Should not be allowed to capture or buy charter until their peace time is over
    - Should not be allowed to take over parish as steward until their peace time is over
    - Peace time should be of five days
I think its highly unlikely that a player gets reset during war three times a week, so imposing restrictions on players getting reset three times a week will help lowering rogue play as it will frustrate the rogue players mostly than any others...

Thanks.
thekpd

Post by thekpd »

m_abid wrote:Rules Suggestion:

I like the idea of banning players getting reset three times a week but it is understandable that FF can't forbid players from entering the game, instead slight rule modification i suggest for players (whether rogue, partially active members etc) getting reset three times a week for any reasons.
  • * Players getting reset three times a week
    - Should not be allowed to capture or buy charter until their peace time is over
    - Should not be allowed to take over parish as steward until their peace time is over
    - Peace time should be of five days
I think its highly unlikely that a player gets reset during war three times a week, so imposing restrictions on players getting reset three times a week will help lowering rogue play as it will frustrate the rogue players mostly than any others...

Thanks.
lmfao... its pretty easy to get reset 3 times a week :P if you're not really careful, or as awesome as me :)

Just ask BlackAdderrr I've got his panties all up in a bunch cos I just keep ducking my agressors :)
meatball2k

Post by meatball2k »

I find it quite strange how people are complaining about rogue players, it happens and as soon as you see them just reset them or excom them im sure in age 2 people have 100s of thousands of fp to just excom all there vilages and beat them down, its only like a war vs 1 man. People say that people have left the game due to rogue players but how many people have left the game due to 1 house dominating a full server and no one else is allowed to breath. You have to ask why arethese players going rogue I am sure they did not set out when starting the game to just spawn into a parish and do as much damage as they could.

Something usually sets them off and seing 1 house take over a world and pretty much destroy competetion usually sets people off, 1 guy in my old faction tried to take a county and he woke up to have 0 villages so he left the game, the house had most the server and could have easily razed a couple villages and let that be a message but instead they reset all his hard work. Actions like that lead to people going rogue.

I also understand people do just play to destroy things but a few tweaks in rules i.e no monks while under peace time is good start but it happens the bigger problem IMO is 1 house domination which leads alot more people to leave a world then a few rogue players.
Fatal

Post by Fatal »

Bretth wrote:
Fatal wrote:The reason this topic is created is: amber is noobish farmer that wants to farm 24/7
Oh, come on, you just a whinny loser
Amber has never had '20+ villages'............ and never been a farmer or a noob for that matter. She has been a respected player on W2 for nearly 3 years.

The problem with rogue players is there is no way to fight them, they just keep bouncing around the map doing damage. Is this a war? No. Its just a FEW people that are sick/board of this game taking it out on everyone else, do not pretend they have any cause or reason behind there actions. All they are doing is making people who otherwise enjoy the game quit.

PS. Fatal your picture under your name says it all, you may not like SHK anymore but that does not mean others also do not. Why destroy something for others you once enjoyed just because you no longer enjoy it? Kind of sad.........
Amber_rose = 23 razed villages in world 1 = noob
And I repeat for special people, how else a player can fight 700+ people house ? It's not a fair war indeed, but not fair for him, not for that house.
End of story
Left you 7.05.2014

Unbreakable feral spirit

Return to “World 2 Lounge”