Parish donating

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
Ella Di Ablo
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:36 am
Location: Massachusetts

Parish donating

Post by Ella Di Ablo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:42 am

:oops: For some reason, I cannot complete a quest which requires me to donate to my parish. I've brought this to the Parishioner's attention, he stated they need to update or remove the quest? I've visited other notches on the map & they have buildings I can donate to with ease, but it doesn't dent my quest. Any way around this? Or does a certain newb need a dope slap? :mrgreen:
Ella Di Ablo

User avatar
DavidSpy
Posts: 7163
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:08 am
Location: WI, USA
Contact:

Re: Parish donating

Post by DavidSpy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:21 am

First read this: Donating Resources to a Parish

If this does not solve your problem then it could be a known problem with newer accounts regarding quests. Last I saw Firefly was still looking for a solution...

Hope this helps!
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

countjimula
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: Parish donating

Post by countjimula » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:09 pm

If a player is in a parish that has fully upgraded every building there is not much that player can do but wait for FF to find a solution to this issue.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768

User avatar
Voltair
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: Parish donating

Post by Voltair » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 pm

countjimula wrote:If a player is in a parish that has fully upgraded every building there is not much that player can do but wait for FF to find a solution to this issue.
The only solution at the moment is to keep one guild as a bottomless pit, whereby the last level has one production item that is never donated. This will keep it running into eternity until another solution is found!

The other way is to start on another world and achieve that "donate to parish" that is required by the Kingdoms Veteran Level 6 if this is what is needed. Quests are different of course as they are completed freshly in each world.

countjimula
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: Parish donating

Post by countjimula » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:18 am

I would not mind if the solution is to reset the parishes in the world after all the glory rounds are over. Many new players have never had the opportunity to build a parish from scratch, and building parishes, and flag raiding in older worlds would be a lot of fun.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768

Baldrake
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 4:14 am

Re: Parish donating

Post by Baldrake » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 am

Voltair wrote:The only solution at the moment is to keep one guild as a bottomless pit, whereby the last level has one production item that is never donated. This will keep it running into eternity until another solution is found!

The other way is to start on another world and achieve that "donate to parish" that is required by the Kingdoms Veteran Level 6 if this is what is needed. Quests are different of course as they are completed freshly in each world.
First, I would like to say that this does not represent a serious reply for at least two reasons:

1. Most of those buildings are fully upgraded and have been deleted long before the Quest System was put into place.

2. The decision by the developers to finally remove the useless but build-able and donate-able Military School some time after the Quests were under way, illustrates a counter-intuitive approach to your overall suggestion.

I would suggest that it become the standard practice of at least presenting some sort of breakdown on the ideas being considered, even if ad hoc, before implementation, if you really want the community’s opinions bantered about in this Forum instead of total conjecture. I am as willing as most to offer up a series of plausible and implementable suggestions based on the current or extant game mechanics already in use. (Please, view any of my posts and/or replies as examples.) However, when it comes to the “Quests”, we were given no points of reference from which to work around in creating our assumptions.

User avatar
DavidSpy
Posts: 7163
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:08 am
Location: WI, USA
Contact:

Re: Parish donating

Post by DavidSpy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:36 am

I really don't get why FF is so against removing the barrier preventing players from donating to maxed guilds. Is there a technical reason this won't work or are the devs just too busy with SHC2 to bother?
Questions? You should join my Discord group
Helpful SHK Sites: SHK Advanced Guide | SHK Strategy
Check out my Stronghold Kingdoms tutorials on YouTube | RazingHell

ImageImage

countjimula
Posts: 891
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Re: Parish donating

Post by countjimula » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 pm

Hopefully they are working on a better solution to the problem. I think the issue is not donating for the quests so much as that new players in an older world never get to upgrade a parish, or capital.

One thing I would not mind is that when all the glory rounds are over all the parishes get reset in that world. That would be a permanent solution to the problem and add a lot to older worlds, making flags important again.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768

User avatar
Erwenthyll
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:38 am

Re: Parish donating

Post by Erwenthyll » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:04 pm

Hopefully they are working on a better solution to the problem. I think the issue is not donating for the quests so much as that new players in an older world never get to upgrade a parish, or capital.

One thing I would not mind is that when all the glory rounds are over all the parishes get reset in that world. That would be a permanent solution to the problem and add a lot to older worlds, making flags important again.



I think this the best idea ever, world 2 has become very stagnant, it would be great to bring back some life in the game

User avatar
Voltair
Posts: 3607
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: Parish donating

Post by Voltair » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:19 pm

Baldrake wrote:
First, I would like to say that this does not represent a serious reply for at least two reasons:

1. Most of those buildings are fully upgraded and have been deleted long before the Quest System was put into place.

2. The decision by the developers to finally remove the useless but build-able and donate-able Military School some time after the Quests were under way, illustrates a counter-intuitive approach to your overall suggestion.

I would suggest that it become the standard practice of at least presenting some sort of breakdown on the ideas being considered, even if ad hoc, before implementation, if you really want the community’s opinions bantered about in this Forum instead of total conjecture. I am as willing as most to offer up a series of plausible and implementable suggestions based on the current or extant game mechanics already in use. (Please, view any of my posts and/or replies as examples.) However, when it comes to the “Quests”, we were given no points of reference from which to work around in creating our assumptions.
1. Actually I know of at least one parish, and there is probably more in World 1, that have a guild as a bottomless pit that players can donate too and achieve the Quest and Veteran Levels so yes it was a serious reply. Hopefully the newer worlds are already doing this so they don't fully max the parish out. Please remember that the game was in beta and the Quests were added when Worlds 1 and 2 were already established.

2. Firefly would have removed the Military School for a good reason probably one that is down to balance.

In regards to donating to Guilds; Firefly are looking at the issue but if/when a better solution is found then it will be implemented, until then the answer I gave for Veteran Levels and/or Quests is the only way around the issue. In the older worlds it's more difficult, but still possible in some parishes.

In regards to your breakdown of ideas. That is what the Feedback forum is there for, to give players a voice.

Post Reply

Return to “World 2 Lounge”