Why is there no charters in north ireland?

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
thomas8man

Why is there no charters in north ireland?

Post by thomas8man »

There are not charters in northern Ireland in world 2. Could someone look at this

Thomas8man
Lunks

Re: Why is there no charters in north ireland?

Post by Lunks »

http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 96&t=14026 - in this thread you can see when this was first addressed. Firefly will tell you that its automated "blah blah blah" but its clearly not. Before they launched SHK on Steam they went through a dry spell. More people were leaving the community and I believe they turned off charters to show less inactive spots. It also encourages battles, which is a clear profit for FF as well.

Lunks
lord snarf

Post by lord snarf »

When villages are repeatedly razed in a Parish it takes awhile for new charters to appear, some players like to maintain control of Parish's by razing every other village,
Jeremiah

Post by Jeremiah »

Charts reappear instantly if they were there before, if not it was a village spawn location, that doesn't come back until a new player spawns there, or a in-active player starts up again.
lord snarf

Post by lord snarf »

If a charter spot is razed enough, the charter stops re-appearing
Lord Alacrity

Post by Lord Alacrity »

Lunks wrote:I believe they turned off charters to show less inactive spots. It also encourages battles, which is a clear profit for FF as well.

Lunks

No we're not that devious! :lol: I have wondered about these "ghost parishes" as well, basically the reason is that the spots are reserved for new players joining the world. In many counties, like Avon, you can see parishes with no villages, this is because the previous villages were either razed or removed for inactivity, but the game does not feel it needs to create more charter spaces at this time. We will look into a fix for this, so that charters start to spawn in some of these ghost parishes.
FORTKNOX.

Post by FORTKNOX. »

That would be a great help and all I can ask of the devs, just to look into the 'ghost parish' on W-2

Thank-you
Veteran player of World-7 Exclusively
Ozur

Post by Ozur »

ye. In dorset war left 3 blank parishes.
now one of those blank parishes got new players villages.

So if new players keep joining. or rejoin. it should take care of some others
t_l_miles

Post by t_l_miles »

So I see this was going to be looked into in October. Still not fixed, which kinda makes me think I'm wasting my time with this game.

I'm in Dumfries, reached level to buy a charter two weeks ago. Except there is not one single charter in the entire County. Not one. The nearest charters are in Roxburghshire, quite a long way away. So I'm kinda stuck.

Really, is this game just being abandoned? Should I bother?

Return to “World 2 Lounge”