It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:04 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 House 19 should be out. 

Post Re: House 19 should be out.
The problem is that people were being told different things several people were told that the race had already ended and any glory accumulated on 8/18 would not apply to this round nor the next so no one was doing quests. I do not doubt that other people may have received different responses telling them it wasn't over yet. Honestly as dumb as it is because it just means the race is going to take even longer both H19 and H20 should remain in as it was Firefly's mistake and unfair to both sides on how they were treated during this time.

this was the answer given to some us

Lord Efficient (Fir...
Staff
Posted on: 18 August 2012 07:31 PM

This round has been won by House 2 and is over. The next glory round will begin tomorrow morning around 6 am Server Time. Any Glory obtained today will not count towards the next round.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Lord Efficient
Stronghold Kingdoms Support Staff

Like I said in my opinion it was unfair to all of World 2 and Firefly should do something to fix it, and apologize on their news page at least admitting that they messed up. They had to have had realized this was possible with quests and should been prepared for it. Even if we didn't understand how it was gonna work their staff should have at least been able to come up with the same answer instead of the multitudes that everyone received.

Jemira

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Drizzle wrote:
That was sarcasm my friend :D

moraxo wrote:
no war happens when everyone follow the same course. The alliance are all enforcers of good and justice, and we lack people that are willing to join the evil side. It aint our fault that nobody joins their side.

Sorry, after arguments like that my sarcasm detector is a little off.

Thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=24768

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:10 pm

OK skimming through this I understand what has “happened”. Now I don’t want any stupid posts by anyone who doesn’t like this. I’m just posting facts.

OK, sadly I don’t have any screenshots but H2 reached over 1 Million glory on Friday night to Saturday morning (USA Time). Firefly then allows the glory race to run about 22 more hours and this allows H19 to overtake H20 in glory. Now I don’t know when H2 really did win the race. If it was at the 0600-0700 (AM) game times then everything should freeze due to it hit that mark and there is no point in going on. Now the thing that bothers me is the fact that the announcement on the loading page originally said that H2 won and H19 was getting kicked off. Then Firefly goes back and changes that is obviously admin abuse. If it was a simple typo that is one thing but due to the fact that H2 won during the 0600-0700 tick or right after should have frozen it. As the rules state: “The first House to 1 million points in each round wins the round and receives a star for their House banner.” Or it is done. So let me give you a scenario to show what had happened with H19/20 that is shown from the player’s eye.

OK Im going to use house “X” and “Y”.

OK House X is at 999,999 glory.

House Y is at 999,980

House X makes 5 glory a day and house Y makes 19.

So at the tick

House X goes to 1,000,000 glory and house Y goes to 999,999. Now let’s pretend (not really) that the Admins decided to let the race go one more day. That means that House X would have 1,000,009 glory and House Y would then go to 1,000,018 glory. House Y would then over take House X and they then decided to crown House Y the winners as they had more glory, though at the time House X won, House X won. Now that is with the new wiki ;)

Soooo Firefly…. About the old rules….

It more or less said (Now I didn’t take a screen shot I should have) that when the first house to 1 million wins and then locks down the race. Period.

Now if firefly is going to bring any evidence to the table I would like a 3rd party group to provided it.... wait the agreement doesn't allow and that was a recent addition :p.... (And we were not informed which is against the law...)

Now I understand firefly can change the rules. But I don’t believe it is fair for them to change the rules so one house can win the glory race.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:57 pm

Firstly, I apologize for any confusion or undue duress caused by the posted news. I am responsible for the overall content and accuracy of the news items, however, I have been out of the office doing volunteer work in Washington, D.C. for the past week. As a result, I was unable to monitor the individual races on each of the ten worlds more closely. While we hope to have a system in the future which will extract the relevant details and automatically generate a news item in the feed, for now this is a manual process.

With the introduction of glory points being immediately credited via quests, it has been increasingly difficult to ascertain ahead of time what the outcome will be. I have previously requested a better reporting system for a variety of aspects of glory and the glory rounds, the requirements of which have been made more clear by this and a similar case on Welt 1.

We will be addressing these and other issues related to glory further this week.

Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:50 pm

I bet we all cannot wait for your answer, I hope your volunteer work has been well.

Also just some thought to make these easier, go back to when the house gets 1,000,000 glory then freeze it. If quests are completed and the glory hasn’t been reset then they should not be added.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:06 am

Well it seems to me that implementing the quests and allowing for instant glory to be obtained before there was a defined and explained protocol in place on how the glory race would be affected was a huge oversite on the part of FireFly and the Stronghold Kingdoms team. It is fairly common knowledge that world 2 is split into two sides and considering the current situation and all of the contradicting information that was given to players about the glory race it will be almost impossible to come to a decision that does not leave one half of world 2 feeling as if they were cheated.

At the time House 2 reached 1 million glory H19 was the house with the lowest glory score and the rules in the Wiki stated that the glory round would end when one house reached 1 million glory which means H19 should have been removed.

Now the Wiki has been changed to state that the glory will continue to a specific time of day and the lowest house at that time will be removed which means that H20 would be removed.

Since there was no verification of the rules at the time this occured my opinion is that both sets of rules should be honoured and both of these houses should be removed. H19 should be removed under the old rules that were still stated in the Wiki because they were the lowest house when another house reached 1 million, H20 should be removed because they were the lowest based on the new rules.

From that point the game can continue with everyone having knowledge of what the rules are and how a glory round will end without the conflict of interest that has been caused from the lack of information.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:09 am

Lightning you know h20 has lost this fight for glory and now you search for a way to make us loose sth also? really kind of you, but not needed i guess. it was visable for everyone that the race wasnt finished as the leaderboard didnt reset. the wrong news were a mistake and i am sry that you thought you won anything, but the race ends when the banners are reset and a star is given on the gloryboard, not on any news. h20 should have known that and has lost just a fair way, no matter what responses they got for crying at the supporters. actually you had luck lightning. h19 allready was far ahead of your h6 and h20 was near to kick you out of glory also. would have been a shame to see honest players get reset by this crying babes, but maybe it would have woke you up to stand up against h2 also,as they are weak now and need to end as any dictator does. would like to see an individual scotland we could fight after we both together managed to defeat tca. it was never your system lord lightning, nore willthose guys ever respect you. from all i have heared you are just some scottish farmers needed for monks and glory points.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:32 am

Jvc.com,

H20,H6,H16 and H2 were following and playing by the rules that were stated in the Wiki at the time this occured which stated that the round would end when one house reached 1 million glory. All that H19 did was to take advantage of a system that was untried, flawed and never explained to anyone and was then further complicated when staff members didn't even seem to know what was suppose to happen or when it was suppose to happen and everyone from both sides were being told incorrectly. The closest thing to fair would be to eliminate both houses as they both lost depending on what rules where in place which no one seems to be sure of.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:53 am

Rules, rules, rules. everywhere this written orders to guys that cant see the result themselves...

In the future you know so it is better to just go on playing than chilling out and saying you won cause it is written in the not updated Wiki. You should just try to stay ahead of your enemy as long as you see the race is going on. there are not everytime all rules and results of it clear, but we all knew the server would only update once a day and h2 didnt reach the mark fast enough, then the round lasts one whole more day Lightning as it ever was before.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:03 am

To clarify, the Wiki never said that the round ends when one House reaches one million glory. It has always said that the House to reach one million glory first will win the round. This does not END the round. The round will currently end only when at the time Glory is calculated one house is already at or reaches one million points. The House with the least number of points at the time the round ends will be removed. On August 18th, House 2 became the first House to reach one million points and thus won the round. Even if another House also reached a million points that day, they would not win the round, which is what was alluded to in the staff reply from Support. On August 19th, when the daily glory calculations were made, House 2 was found to be at or above a million points and the round was ended. When the round ended, House 20 had the least points and was eliminated.

None of the rules were changed, we simply expanded upon an article in the Wiki for better clarity regarding when a round officially ended.

Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:11 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next