Unfair attack

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
Reynauld de Chatillon

Unfair attack

Post by Reynauld de Chatillon »

I was attacked by Haro of House 11 and I lost Lyons. I am neutral. I am houseless. I only belong to a faction. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't provoke him. All I did was send an army to capture an inactive village that had no allignment to any House. None of my villages were interdicted and I interdicted nobody's village in days.

I find this attack completely unfair but then again neutral villages are not safe in World2. I just thought you guys needed to hear my first hand experience of an unfair attack. What do you guys think of the situation?
countjimula

Re: Unfair attack

Post by countjimula »

Most of the time attacking a neutral unprovoked would be highly discouraged by the house leadership because it is not in their best interest.

It seems to me that the more power any one group has in relation to the power of the world, the more things like this will happen.

The house that attacked you obviously does not seem to care that you might join their enemy and fight them, or that they might be labeled as a bully causing others to fight them, or at least not be allied with them. They do not care because they feel safe.

This is why it is bad for any one group in this game to have complete power, or close to it.

In a world with many players fighting for allies, active players, as well as land, this would not happen. The house that attacked you still feels save from any retaliation as a CA member.
Last edited by countjimula on Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
pouet

Post by pouet »

Raze and excom are the two most efficient ways to get rid of that opponent.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

pouet wrote:Raze and excom are the two most efficient ways to get rid of that opponent.
The issue is not what can be done about it now, but why it happened in the first place.

Thread here:
Reynauld de Chatillon

I abandoned my remaining villages. I'm getting away from Ireland and I'm going to Southern England.
setafury

Post by setafury »

This is something I have been trying to fix...the problem is you were in Ireland...right now it's a race for power as House 2, 20 battle it out with House 4, 19...it's a loose loose for neutrals 'cause as soon as they loose a village they usually go for what they see as an easy cap. I've been fighting against this since I was in Allied House 3 fighting alongside House 2 until one member of House 2(ALLY) attacked my vassal holding a full attack army I was holding to strike against our toughest opponents. It built inside me that one would do that...and it made me go neutral and start fighting against it. I understand that this is not all CA members views towards neutrals but I would rather see a House member take a village from an enemy House member then to strike at people who wanted no part of the war.
Reynauld de Chatillon

I'm sick of the prolonged war. I've lost 4 villages in this war. One as a neutral and I abandoned another one but can't abandon 2 villages in one week so I'm waiting for someone to take Paris so that I can move to England and be away from this chaos. I'm only a baron :(
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

setafury wrote: I've been fighting against this since I was in Allied House 3 fighting alongside House 2 until one member of House 2(ALLY) attacked my vassal holding a full attack army I was holding to strike against our toughest opponents. It built inside me that one would do that...and it made me go neutral and start fighting against it.
This a good example of why it is not a good idea for either side to attack neutral players or vassals of allied players. In this game where around 20% of the players do 80% of the razes it can be very costly for TCA if you join the other side, and become part of that 20%. The one village they razed could, in the future cost them 50 or more easily.

This is a reality for all houses in other worlds, but it was not the case in this world when TCA had full power. Now things are starting to change and they will learn this new reality, or be defeated like so many houses and alliances in the past, that did not get it.

Thread here:
JVC.com

Post by JVC.com »

sry, but i know why they razed you. i was your LL and attacked from your village twice as i thought they wouldnt kill a little baron to destroy my army, but as i saw i was wrong.
pmpdru

Post by pmpdru »

JVC.com wrote:sry, but i know why they razed you. i was your LL and attacked from your village twice as i thought they wouldnt kill a little baron to destroy my army, but as i saw i was wrong.
On long ranges i have razed village idiots before to stop the attack from succeeding. But i made sure to mail the player and relocate them and help them grow. :)
Spoiler! :
God did not create man, Man created god.

Return to “World 2 Lounge”