It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 The way of building something 

Post The way of building something
Hello Firefly Team,

I really enjoy playing SK and the mechanisms of this game are very balanced, challanging and make me want to keep playing, but I totally do not understand why every next building is so much more expensive, than the one I built before. It makes absolutely no sence that I've built a house and the next time I want to build the same house it is more expensive and needs longer to be built. I mean if I do something the first time it will need some time, but the more often i do or create exactly the same thing my skills shuold have improved and I've learned how to do it faster and also cheaper! Please think about my complaint, because this game is awesome, just this one fact annoys me a lot.... and I mean A LOT ;)

"Usually in my huge meat grinder at my house."
"..."

Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Post Re: The way of building something
Its a balancing feature to make it harder to reach the end and easier for those starting late or razed to catch up.

This is not "IRL" and arguments about realism should not apply. Even if it does, you could argue that scarcity starts applying as you create more of the type of building - a 100 storey skyscraper costs more than 100 shacks, and building the first shack on a nice empty field in the middle of nowhere is easier technically than trying to get the 100th shack built in cramped and technically challenging areas with poor terrain and limited access.

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:55 am

Yeah and archers need arrows and shoes and the people who create stone should get bad spinal deseases and should be changed depending on how productive they still are, etc... but that's not the point! and who builds skyscrapers here in SK? the game is awesome and if you say there should be no complaints about "not realistic issues" then i say ok but this one fact annoys ME a lot and i just wanted the firefly team to know about this. it is ok for balancing and everything but in my oppinion the prices for a next building of the same type are ridicolously high and i think they could get lowered a bit. that's all, i don't wanted to hear about stupid compares, sorry for this, but it really was a stupid one ^^, i just wanted them to recognize what one player is thinking :P

edit: and if they care or not is none of my business, cause if they do not i can't change a thing. i would go on playing that fine game :lol:

"..."

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Yes, it was totally stupid to talk about how "in real life" you will get better at building houses and how the next house you build should be faster and cheaper than the first. Do a lot of construction work do you?

Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:51 pm

ok, so the answer would be, that every building of the same type should cost the same but could be build a few minutes faster. nice that we could clear this out together. thanks for helping me out you seem to do a lot of humanity work, do you?

"..."

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:35 am

Certainly. I would love to build my 30th woodcutter in 5 seconds while laughing at the poor newbs who take 3 days to get a hut up. Not many would play but hey, realism triumphs gameplay any day and there's a lot of hovels awaiting your attention isnt there?

Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:48 am

Are you bored or something? Where did I mention anything about making the first building harder or longer to build, because I can't find it anywhere? Claiming that someone said something, that he truely never did doesn't give your arguments more weight. Did I hurt your fellings with my post? Then I'm sorry... really really sorry, but could you go trolling somewhere else if you don't have really something to say? I addmit that I shouldn't have posted something obviously that hurtful to you, here in the forum. The next time I will write it directly to the firefly team, promised. Could we end now this very useless discussion for good?

"..."

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:30 am

Oh dear, is the logic that making later buildings take less time means earlier buildings take more too difficult for you to grasp? Im so so sorry for expecting basic understanding and numeracy from somebody as obviously awesome as you are. Seeing as the first building in a village takes 5s with time increasing with each additional building, obviously all players should start with villages completely built to be able to accomodate the negative building times required in the name of realism.

Such stunning insights should certainly be shared only with the development team, rather than being subject to mere peons still bound by such plebeian concepts as logic and numbers.

Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:29 am

Dude, say what you want, cause it seems that your brilliance is just so over the top that you must be right with every single word you say. Maybe I just don't get what I wrote the whole time and only a great mind like urs is able to read so clearly between the lines and decypher what i really wanted to say that I have to admit your overskilled cleverness. You must be more than just a normal mortal so I give up arguing with you and tell you that you convinced me that you have won, I surrender unconditionally. Victory is yours, shame on me. I never try to annoy you again with such a provocating and dumb thread like this one, ok? I will now go and throw up, whine hardly and shoot myself at the same time because of how unworthy I am. I'd like to be so awesome and godblessed as you, but unfortunately I'll never be, sorry :cry:

edit: Hey maybe I'm going to try to learn something about constructions!

"..."

Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]