EVERYONE ON W2 LISTEN TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
countjimula

Re: EVERYONE ON W2 LISTEN TO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by countjimula »

Veru wrote:Since devs left players option to form alliances, player did what they could do, and now here we are. Blaming TCA because they won isn't good for those who blame - it only shows that you are bad with it that it is not your alliance who won. In any MMO game there is always someone who's on winning side, and it's possible to change who's currently winning - only if players are organized enough to do this.
If you'd stop whining and crying, start playing you could do something. Best players I know does not read forums at all, they're just playing and winning.
I am sure new players in this world 2 are going to appreciate that when someone points out that TCA has taken away the War aspects of this game in world 2 they characterize it as "whining, and crying", after they have spent 3-4 months building up before realizing that fact. I do not care about who "wins" but I do want to point out the fact that a few players are playing in a way that takes most of the game away from others for their own selfish reasons.

markimus wrote:Basically the game has a flawed mechanic, its hard enough with the AI, which attacks your villages almost daily (especially when you have a lot of villages) and it just becomes a chore to run it.
People just want to log on and play the fun aspects of the game and then log off, but you can't do that if you're in the middle of a war zone you constantly need to watch and rebuild your village, or have enough ID to defend yourself.
So people like to group together so they don't have to worry about losing their villages after spending weeks building them up, and that's where the problems occurs as there's no incentive for everyone not to group up and be friendly with each other, there's nothing stopping the whole server from doing that.
This is a war game, and people join this game to fight in wars. If you want to build things and never have to worry about getting things destroyed there are many other games that you can play instead of forcing that way on others here. If you just want to farm in this game even with many wars it is not that hard to do. I find it sad that because of a minority of selfish players in this world the others are forced to play farmville.

You can make the odds greatly uneven in just about any game, but the flaw will not be with the game, but the people that make the odds so uneven and take away any competition.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
kyprian

Post by kyprian »

If 'the majority' join this game to war why are you then complaining that there is a huge target to war against?

End of the day, people get the worlds they want.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

kyprian wrote:If 'the majority' join this game to war why are you then complaining that there is a huge target to war against?

End of the day, people get the worlds they want.
The Celtic Alliance TCA is as far as I know officially a group of 16 allied houses in world 2. There is one house that is neutral and 3 that are against TCA.

The houses that are against TCA are the bottom 3 in points right now:

house 10 with 301,559 points

House 13 with 132,810 points

House 5 with 356,996 points

None of these houses even has a county and only a few scattered parishes. With those numbers there are no "wars", what we have is a police world.

There is a lot of passive resistance, but nobody wants to make the first jump and end up with the world against them, and therefore few openly fight TCA. The world right now has 8,608 players on the leaderboard and is 520 days old.

I hope that the developers make it so that new players can easily see the world before joining. If they did they will see that this world has one house that controls all the countries and might have second thoughts of joining this one. Realistically the majority of players will not know that this world is very limiting until they have spent considerable time building up in rank.

They want to make it an us verses them issue, but it is a world Tyranny verses self rule issue.

Unlike some I do not think that firefly should get involved with the specific politics in this world, and I am confident that this world will go back to a normal one with many houses governed independently again.

Thread here:
kyprian

Post by kyprian »

If 16 houses are allied and 'nobody is willing to fight them' that would imply the majority does not, in fact, 'sign up to fight a war'.

While i do not play in W2 and has little interest in politics on *any* world, most of the forum rage seems to be about players playing to meet the victory conditions as set by FF.

The goal - as defined by glory rounds - is to be the last house standing as those weaker houses are eliminated from contention. Unless the alliance is intentionally subverting this and lengthening the glory rounds, how is it 'against the game developer's intentions and worthy of intervention?
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

kyprian wrote:If 16 houses are allied and 'nobody is willing to fight them' that would imply the majority does not, in fact, 'sign up to fight a war'.
There is a big difference between not wanting to fight against 16 houses and wanting to just farm.
kyprian wrote:While i do not play in W2 and has little interest in politics on *any* world, most of the forum rage seems to be about players playing to meet the victory conditions as set by FF.
In world 1 house 18 is close to defeating there long enemy house 17. I can not imagine H18 taking a join us or die attitude with the other neutral houses to make another world 2. I can see a big argument if it is suggested and I can see many leave if the house decided to follow that tactic.

The strategy for TCA was explained to me by saying that one stick can be broken, but if you tie all the individual sticks together they can not be broken. That is what TCA is based on as I was told. I find that hilarious knowing the history of the word fascism.

I give TCA credit, and commend them for being able to get almost all the houses to allie with them, even if I do not agree with their tactics. I do not understand why other houses allow them to hold the control that they have in this world.
kyprian wrote:The goal - as defined by glory rounds - is to be the last house standing as those weaker houses are eliminated from contention. Unless the alliance is intentionally subverting this and lengthening the glory rounds, how is it 'against the game developer's intentions and worthy of intervention?
I disagree with some that think action should be taken by firefly. I do not think firefly should be picking winners or losers even if is to act as a trustbuster.

Thread here:
Veru

Post by Veru »

I wonder where will it be 30 houses against 1 house? Yes, houses from other worlds will join W2 to "fight" against you. Why "fight"? Because only thing I see is crying, and crying, and crying. And calling everyone farmers. I'm sorry, but you weren't attacked by monks and merchants. You were razed by troops, sent by attackers.
Now, when you just sit and cry, what can we do if not watching our apples grow?
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

Veru wrote:I wonder where will it be 30 houses against 1 house? Yes, houses from other worlds will join W2 to "fight" against you. Why "fight"? Because only thing I see is crying, and crying, and crying. And calling everyone farmers. I'm sorry, but you weren't attacked by monks and merchants. You were razed by troops, sent by attackers.
Now, when you just sit and cry, what can we do if not watching our apples grow?
30 houses to fight against me? I am flaterd, but find it silly, the sticks must be getting thin indeed. I am also so sorry that I alone has forced an entire world to watch apples grow. I love all the flattering comments I keep getting from you all.

Seriously, you made this bed and you have to lye in it, don't cry to me that you have nothing to do but watch apples grow.

Thread here:
Kaledren

Post by Kaledren »

FF should put a limit on the amount of Houses that can be part of an alliance. Maybe 3 or 4 max. This way it can't get as out of control as it is on W2....and then it may actually be competitive instead of a zerg force that uses superior numbers to bully and rule.

If my House ruled...this would be a world rule. But alas....probably not happen with things the way they are anf everyone being afraid to step up. The CA seems content with power hogging everything and keeping anyone out side of the CA (Which is very few since there appears to be a lot of front runners) down that tries to build up and make it a contest. Which I suppose anyone in a power position woudldo...but thy take it to the extreme of being tyranny and dictator-like in nature.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

Kaledren wrote:FF should put a limit on the amount of Houses that can be part of an alliance. Maybe 3 or 4 max. This way it can't get as out of control as it is on W2....and then it may actually be competitive instead of a zerg force that uses superior numbers to bully and rule.
I still do not think firefly should get involved other than changing some things to the overall game that I have already mentioned elsewhere. What has happened here is rare, and only temporary, and also less likely to happen again.

Kaledren wrote:If my House ruled...this would be a world rule.

I doubt the players in this would would let any one group do it again. I would surely be against it.

Thread here:
kyprian

Post by kyprian »

Interhouse alliances are hardly a game mechanical or developmental issue. How would you enforce a rule against houses allying? Start banning the whole server since they ate not attacking a specific house?

Return to “World 2 Lounge”