Are you for or against the way World 2 is governed?

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
countjimula

Are you for or against the way World 2 is governed?

Post by countjimula »

Another player said that if the CelticAlliance/House2 fell world 2 would be crazy again with everyone fighting everyone. I asked him if we could move the discussion to here, but he refused. I also E-mailed the Marshall of House 2 asking the same thing, and have not gotten a reply. I find it funny that they both refuse to defend their house publicly if they think so highly of it. I would like to start the public discussion here.

So what is your opinion on how house 2 is governed?
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
countjimula

Re: Are you for or against the way World 2 is governed?

Post by countjimula »

Domine wrote:Yes. You must get permission to attack, because too many players target new players. If you do that under my watch, I will personally remove you from my faction and raze your *. Only attack enemies or inactives.

So it protects new players?

Edit: Added link to quotes source thread
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 42&t=14917
Last edited by countjimula on Tue May 15, 2012 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread here:
Xcat

Post by Xcat »

I was reading some posts, and you speak of do not know, and you talk by the elbows.

Behave like a man, if you go to war, you give and take.

This is just a game, if you are taking this very seriously, just uninstall the game the computer, I have children younger than you but with more intelligence.

Again, you go to war witch Sword, you will take one sword back.

Thank you for you time.

( Like you ask, my message here )
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

Thank you for posting here
Xcat wrote:I was reading some posts, and you speak of do not know, and you talk by the elbows.

Can you be more specific?

Thread here:
Amber_Rose

Post by Amber_Rose »

I'm only replying to this thread because the link was sent to me in-game. I never come into these forums; I prefer to play the game, not discuss it.

There are very good reasons why factions control who may be attacked. This is not some video game where you randomly attack anyone who catches your eye; this game is as much about strategy and cooperation as it is about battles and conquest. It would be easy to take out most lower level players, but doing so only discourages them and makes the game stressful instead of fun. I prefer to take on worthy opponents and allow the newbies an opportunity to build strength and abilities before they are subject to attack from another player.

I control 76 armies in SHK W2. I didn't reach that point by going after easy prey; I worked hard, built relationships and paid my dues to my faction, my house and the Alliance. I don't agree with everything those groups decide to do and I'm not afraid to say so, but I understand the group dynamic that goes into those decisions and I follow them. Why? Because that's what real warfare is all about; following the chain of command and using your combined strength to defeat your enemies.

To say SHK is a complicated game is an understatement. If you're just looking to raze out villages, go find a shooter game and play it. But if you're looking to absorb yourself in what warfare is really like, then stay in SHK and learn.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

I am specifically talking about world 2 that right now has one group that controls everything (and one house controls all countries) Vs. the normal world with many large houses fighting each other.

Update Edit:

Permission to attack

Saying that permission is needed before anyone can attack is absurd. If I feel I have to make a player ask me for permission to attack someone I do not want that person in my faction. When I invite someone into the faction I assume that they know not to attack new players, if they do I drop them or even raze them, if I feel that is needed.

Rules

The only real rules in SHK are the ones put in the game itself by firefly and natural law, everything else is just added on by players and enforced to the extent that they have the might to enforce them. It is one thing to create rules that the house or faction agree to follow, and make it so that if someone does not follow the rules then they face the consequences, outside of this it is just might against might with each side doing what they want. House 2 often tries to give the false impression that the rules are inherent in the game, when it holds other outsiders to them, as way to make them look more noble when it uses it's power.

Keeping new players safe

It is not rules put in by factions that keep new players more than less safe, but the structure of the game created by firefly. Sure some new players get attacked my more experienced players, but the game mechanics and human nature makes this the exception and not the rule. More often then not it is low level players attacking other low level players. When I started in world 2 I knew that my chances of getting attacked early on where slim so I did not build anything over one wooden wall to enclose the keep until I was a bit past page. I got 2 attacks when I did not have a castle, one from another low ranked player that failed and he did not attack again, another from a more experienced player who I basically said “don't mess with me or I will get you in world 1” so he stopped.

The issue came up again in this forum about new players getting bulled by others. I was going to point out my story, but then thought, “I had joined world 2 when it was over 100 days old and established, could I do the same thing in a new world” so I joined world 4 on day 14 and again had little trouble with new players attacking me and had nothing but a wooden wall up to almost the rank of knight. Again I had one player I had to say I will get you in world 1” and he backed off.

Glory

House 2 might pat themselves on the back in their glory wins, but what have they really achieved? It is much like playing soccer when it is 20 against one. If you want to achieve something kick house 2 out of you area, then you would have rightfully earned your glory.

Safety under H2

Some players might feel that they are safe and at peace under house 2, but can house 2 really protect them? From my attack on the former Marshall of house 2 I have shown that this peace has made them less capable to defend themselves. It has surprised me how quickly world 2 has moved from a normal world with many competent warriors to one that has few players that know how to effectively attack. Not using interdiction for most of that time, (only using it to prevent a raze after getting attacks on a village once) and not using cards to repair my castles I have gotten on my count 103 attacks from 19 players resulting in only 5 razes in the past 4 days (after attacking the formal house Marshall).

For more on this please see this thread

http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 42&t=17617

Right now from the leader boards that I can see it shows:

11.5k in world 2
17.9k in world 1
21.3k in world 4.

Many players are joining other worlds, or have stopped playing this game altogether, due to the lack of opportunity and inactivity in this world.

Thread here:
moraxo

Post by moraxo »

no war happens when everyone follow the same course. The alliance are all enforcers of good and justice, and we lack people that are willing to join the evil side. It aint our fault that nobody joins their side.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

moraxo wrote: The alliance are all enforcers of good and justice, and we lack people that are willing to join the evil side. It aint our fault that nobody joins their side.
Wow and they call me arrogant when I say that most of the people attacking me do not know how to attack. I am not being arrogant when I say it, I am telling them the truth.

Thread here:
moraxo

Post by moraxo »

lol, you are going down to trolling aswell now, what happened to your invitation to openly discuss things around the alliance?

Return to “World 2 Lounge”