New Players are Locked out of World 2 Leadership Positions

All discussion related to activity in World 2 should be posted here.
Lady Bronwyn

New Players are Locked out of World 2 Leadership Positions

Post by Lady Bronwyn »

House/Faction rules are severely limiting the roles newer players can have as leaders in World 2. Most house/faction rules do not allow voting in parishes and leadership has been permanently decided by the few who have started the game. Newer players are bullied into "voting" for current leadership in many parishes. Control of parishes is decided by faction leadership not by voting. If you are unlucky enough to land in the middle of a nest of factions/parishes like this, you are destined to be a follower throughout the game. Faction leaderships should reconsider their policies of allowing players to "inherit" parishes.
Last edited by Lady Bronwyn on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KING KIRK III

Re: New Players are Locked out of World 2 Leadership Positio

Post by KING KIRK III »

perhaps you would like to join my new faction, I will make sure everyone is treated fairly, if you join I can teach you how to play very well, what to do, and what to NEVER do. Plus I will help you get a leadership position, you just need to be more experienced, and know how to play the game the way the others do, its regular in-game politics, if you want to be something big, you got to grow. which if you join my faction you will do, grow until you can perhaps be a faction officer or more.
Baldrake

Post by Baldrake »

The same mentality that causes players to leave because they do not actively participate in the wartime elements is now happening to those players at the other end of the spectrum. Their own self-imposed peace is literally driving them into a state of mania (abnormally elevated or irritable mood and arousal). In a sense, it is the opposite of depression.
Jardhoops

Post by Jardhoops »

SHK is a sandbox MMO. sandbox means all or most of the content is player driven. Anytime there is a game driven by the players without restriction then it can lead in directions that no one likes. Complaining that players are being "unfair" is just an ignorant response. Someone is always there first. If you will ever arise to any position of power and influence in this game then you take what you find a mold it to your liking. I am looking for potential leaders every single day. Too many people prevent themselves from greatness because they restrict their view. YOU can accomplish anything, but it takes work... it takes time... and determination.

Let's stop and think about this game in comparison with medieval England or even just feudalism. This game is a cake walk in comparison. Even so, new players that complain about not being a leader will never be a leader. You have to learn to follow before you can learn to lead.

Firefly responded to a ticket saying they had plans for content beyond the glory race. (don't quote me on that, but it's something along those lines.)

Since the war that once encompassed all four countries is now at its last breath that left us with a very easy yet unappealing decision. To unite all the countries, provinces and counties to one color. Our goal is now to complete the entire glory race to rush along this "content" FF claims to have. Will it change anything? Maybe not, but we have nothing to lose. We (The Celtic Alliance) have fought for hundreds of days to get to where we are now, several players have been fighting for over a year. Most of our "leadership" positions have been earned in blood.
--King of Ireland in W2--
Veru

Post by Veru »

Strongers always makes rules. You can follow those or not. You can always have your decisions and then take the consequences.
If players can make a faction, faction can join a house, and house can have relations with other houses, it should be expected to see big groups. It is just how big the group can be and how long would it last. W2 have had already some big groups that were destroyed. TCA has different leadership with different rules. Now everyone is blaming TCA because TCA was smart enough to create a group to win the war. Grow up or go outside to play with other kids ;)
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

I know from first, and second hand knowledge, that the bullying and lying comes not from a few rouge players but from the house 2 Marshall.

I have no problem with one house controlling all the countries in a world, but I hate liars and bullies.

I do not think this is a fault of the game, it just means that world 2 provides some unique challenges to its players at this time.

The amount of sovereignty an individual player has varies from house to house in this game, but I have never seen a house (at least one with any real power) that tries to take more control from the individual players, parishes, and counties. They hold this control by the use of propaganda and brute force, but mostly are allowed to work in this fashion only because they have no real opposition at this time.

I do not trust the leadership of house 2, and would ask the other side in any dispute, to get the full picture, before taking action at their request. Threads and attack reports do not lie.

I understand that many players (and even the leaders of Allied houses) do not see anything wrong with House 2 or the Celtic Alliance, but they are only one dispute from realizing the situation they are in.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
Nele_BiH

Post by Nele_BiH »

Mors Mortis wrote:no the TCA is nothing more then a band of bullies and thugs who managed to gain control by threats and those who do not agree with them end up with their villages destroyed.

I have even seen messages from other players where they was threatened by h19 under the tca flag that if they do not join their faction they will be destroyed.

how how is that fair or smart?

and don't give us the garbage line again "Grow up or go outside to play with other kids" because they are bullies and thugs and we all know what happens to thugs and bullies in the end(it does not end well) and I look forward to the day the tca falls apart because they have driven all the other players out of the world and began to tear itself apart because there will be no one else left to fight.

Treating to vassels of enemy is normal thing in this game it weaks enemy(less armys weaker enemy)

Greetengs from H19 Marshal :lol:
JVC.com

Post by JVC.com »

this guys with their bullying an liar thing make me really mad lol. maybe attack reports dont lie, thats right, but maybe you should think about the situation you were in when you get razed. as vassall to the enemy or as someone spamming the forums with this * you should not wonder about this. and back to topic everyone can get a leadership position, when he is experienced enough to get in such a position or maybe by asking the county sheriff if there is any parish you could get, but just monking or voting for yourself against an active steward, who was there before you is an act of war and not tolerated sry no discussion in that matter, was ever like this and will stay that way. join tca and you will see if you communicate with your leaders and tell them what your aim is, you will recieve the help to reach it, when it is doable.
countjimula

Post by countjimula »

From the guy who said (not about someone in world 2)

JVC.com wrote:who cares if he gets banned or not? maybe leave him alone and play the game instead of whining about multiaccounting.
We need more incentives to help prevent one house world rule in this game!

Thread here:
http://forum.strongholdkingdoms.com/vie ... 16&t=24768
JVC.com

Post by JVC.com »

any problem with that post so? i am not multiaccounting, but who cares about someone who maybe does? i know more enemies than allies who do this really visable and dont care as they even die with them so what?

Return to “World 2 Lounge”